fiduciary

Author Topic: New shroudwork teaser  (Read 1664 times)

Offline cannibal869

• I dub thee Darth..........Lecter.
  • Master Force User
  • NUCLEAR POWERED JEDI at work!!!
New shroudwork teaser
« on: June 02, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
Howdy all,

Just wanted to post up some pics of my most recent shroudwork and proposed saber.  It will feature a LedEngin 10W RGBA LED.  With any luck, this will use the 2010 Hasbro electronic lightsaber board with a Flash on Clash setup that we're trying to make work in another thread on TCSS.... 

Anyway, enjoy!
-C

Bathmat Time!!!

Offline Rafalema

• Master Force User
  • Dancin' with da polar bears
Re: New shroudwork teaser
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:12:07 PM »
I already commented on TCSS, but whatever.

Very clean cutting and awesome desing.

What color are you planning as a normal color and FoC?
Through Passion, I gain Strength
The Assassin - MHS Custom, CFv5.6

Offline cannibal869

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:07:19 PM »
Thanks man,

I was thinking purple (since it seems to be the most popular blended color these days) with green or amber clash?
Although technically, any of the other color combos are certainly possible

I'm not sure of all of these, so someone else will have to chime in... I'm sure there's some sort of online color blending app or something...

blue + green = cyan / aqua
green + red = ?orange?
red + amber = red/orange?
blue + amber = ?pink
green + amber = yellow?

-C

Offline Rafalema

• Master Force User
  • Dancin' with da polar bears
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:24:36 AM »
I don't know about the red/orange, but heres I think all of the RGB possibilities. I don't know anything about adding the amber in though..

Red + Blue = Purple
Red + Green = Orange
Green + Blue = Cyan
Green = Green
Red = Red
Blue = Blue
Red + Green + Blue = White

(I think that if you want yellow, but green on max and mix in a little bit of red and I think that should do it..)
(Same with the pink, put lots of red and little bit of blue)

Oh and if you're going for purple, then go with amber Flash On Clash
Through Passion, I gain Strength
The Assassin - MHS Custom, CFv5.6

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 06:39:36 AM »
Bathmat time!  ROFLOL!!!  You rock Cannibal869, hit my funnybone this AM :D

Nice shroud work.

With the LEDEngins, on CF applications the color you select for the flash will combine with the main LED color.  Eg. if you do purple with a green flash, you are going to get white (sometimes has a slightly purplish tint).  Not sure how this will work with your Hasbro application.  I guess I should go read that thread because I have no clue how you would use the Hasbro board to drive a LEDEngin?  The LEDEngins are extremely current hungry, 1000 ma is the bare minimum to get a decent brightness and for purple you need 7.4V minimum also. 

EDIT* The diagrams over there look like they are using 3W RGBs?.  Also, I saw your vid.  It is so hard to tell on vid, but it almost looks like the flash is dimmer than the main LED color rather than brighter?  Perhaps lack of current?  Also looks like the circuit is still not finished as the main LED isn't on when the soundboard is on, just the flash :-\ 

Facebook: VVFB

Offline cannibal869

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »
Bathmat time!  ROFLOL!!!  You rock Cannibal869, hit my funnybone this AM :D

Nice shroud work.

With the LEDEngins, on CF applications the color you select for the flash will combine with the main LED color.  Eg. if you do purple with a green flash, you are going to get white (sometimes has a slightly purplish tint).  Not sure how this will work with your Hasbro application.  I guess I should go read that thread because I have no clue how you would use the Hasbro board to drive a LEDEngin?  The LEDEngins are extremely current hungry, 1000 ma is the bare minimum to get a decent brightness and for purple you need 7.4V minimum also. 

EDIT* The diagrams over there look like they are using 3W RGBs?.  Also, I saw your vid.  It is so hard to tell on vid, but it almost looks like the flash is dimmer than the main LED color rather than brighter?  Perhaps lack of current?  Also looks like the circuit is still not finished as the main LED isn't on when the soundboard is on, just the flash :-\ 

Uh yes, you are correct.  I'm trying to use the Hasbro to activate ONLY the flash on clash.  It seems at the moment that we are able to set it up so that the flash will occur only when the board is on and the clash sounds (but the LED is dim) as in the first video, or we're able to set it up so that the FOC LED is still on when the board is off, but the FOC LED is super bright.  Compare the two videos below...

Still working on a viable solution.  Will be driving the main blade LEDs in parallel with the clash circuit.  In either case, hopefully we'll figure things out soon.

-C

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
  • Que nunca muera el niƱo que llevamos adentro...
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 11:26:15 PM »

[/center]

Very nice, another work of art for the week!!!!! awesome!!! :D

retrousse