fiduciary

Author Topic: The Good News Cafe  (Read 119170 times)

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
Re: The Good News Cafe
« Reply #465 on: April 04, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
Hey guys! Just wanted to announce that on Sunday the 3rd of April, the 4yr anniversary of the day we started dating as well as the day after her birthday & the day before mine, I went down on one knee & asked my girlfriend Emily to marry me! Not only did she say yes but she's already agreed to a Star Wars themed wedding! Double score!! ;D!
Beware the Mark of the Gungan! :o

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #466 on: April 04, 2011, 05:37:50 PM »
Hey guys! Just wanted to announce that on Sunday the 3rd of April, the 4yr anniversary of the day we started dating as well as the day after her birthday & the day before mine, I went down on one knee & asked my girlfriend Emily to marry me! Not only did she say yes but she's already agreed to a Star Wars themed wedding! Double score!! ;D!

congrats you you ;and,congrats to your soon to be lovely wife.

Offline harcopolo2

• Force User
« Reply #467 on: April 04, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
Cangratz man!  Your are a lucky guy indeed!  Starwars themed wedding.. xxx I don't think I could swing that one haha.  Best wishes for you, and your fiance :)

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #468 on: April 04, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »
Congrats Inferis! I want pictures of the Star Wars themed wedding ;).

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #469 on: April 04, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »
 Congrats and blessings to you and your bride-to-be. ;D

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
« Reply #470 on: April 05, 2011, 07:30:02 AM »
 Thank you kindly for your messages of support gentlemen. We've set an approximate date for the wedding of May the 4th  ::) 2013.
 Luckily I have a number of friends in the UK Garrison & the 501st so with a bit of luck we'll have a "most impressive" honour guard of stormtroopers in attendance. :D
 I'll have to see if it's possible to get a wedding cake knife with a saber hilt shaped handle. Imperial cog shaped 3 tier wedding cake with custom dueling bride & groom figures on top. Our dear friend Tors has offered to design & make Em's wedding dress which will be dark red crushed velvet with black leather corset & trim while I'll be wearing a custom red & black Sith costume. Daren at JQ Sabers is in the process of putting a special custom saber together for me which will be worn on the day & I'll have to ask him to make something similar for Em' so we can have our first duel as a married couple directly after our first dance.   ;)
 It's early days yet but it's already shaping up to be one of the most elaborately geeky weddings in the history of ever!!

Congrats Inferis! I want pictures of the Star Wars themed wedding ;).

Not a problem MD, there'll be plenty of photo's too as I'm planning to invite a minimum of 2 professional photographers. Expect the results to be posted in the members photo thread here on the forum before we set off on a dream honeymoon in Canada.  ;D

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #471 on: April 24, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »
I was able to make 6 mid-grade blades this week, thanks to JGJ's tutorial, and some tips Darth Vadar.  It was my first attempt, and they turned out pretty well.  My 20 month old daughter had taken ownership of a Red LED stunt of mine, and enjoys it more with the weight reduction (I had a longer heavy gauge blade in it before).  I feel pretty good for actually building something rather than just buying it.  My next project will be to do some groove work on a pommel.

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
« Reply #472 on: April 24, 2011, 08:48:29 PM »
Your wife to be is letting you do this for your wedding? Dang, she is a keeper!!

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
« Reply #473 on: April 24, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
She certainly is. She's a huge sci-fi fan, collects comics & action figures & she plays video games. Those are just a few of the things we have in common. I do believe I may be one of the luckiest geeks in the world! ;D
 I'm really hoping to find a UK based droid builder with an imperial style astromech that we can hire to be the ring bearer. Failing that a regular R2 unit will be just as good. We're planning to practice like the dickens with Novastar & Caines Saber Combat System tutorial DVD so we can put on a properly choreographed display at the wedding reception.
 It's looking like the wedding cake toppers will be replicas of our xbox 360 avatars (which are very good likenesses of us) in our Sith style wedding attire & the wedding favours will include replicas of said avatars frozen in carbonite mid cuddle made from chocolate all courtesy of Paul Pape an amazing artist & sculptor. I'm even looking into the possability of having them packaged on blister cards like the traditional action figures.  ;)

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
« Reply #474 on: April 24, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »
She certainly is. She's a huge sci-fi fan, collects comics & action figures & she plays video games. Those are just a few of the things we have in common. I do believe I may be one of the luckiest geeks in the world! ;D
 I'm really hoping to find a UK based droid builder with an imperial style astromech that we can hire to be the ring bearer. Failing that a regular R2 unit will be just as good. We're planning to practice like the dickens with Novastar & Caines Saber Combat System tutorial DVD so we can put on a properly choreographed display at the wedding reception.
 It's looking like the wedding cake toppers will be replicas of our xbox 360 avatars (which are very good likenesses of us) in our Sith style wedding attire & the wedding favours will include replicas of said avatars frozen in carbonite mid cuddle made from chocolate all courtesy of Paul Pape an amazing artist & sculptor. I'm even looking into the possability of having them packaged on blister cards like the traditional action figures.  ;)

lol. If this was MY wife I probably wont even be able to think about it....let alone in my OWN mind. Truly I can forsee you two growing old together. Dont get me wrong, I have the an awesome wife but if she was into geekiness like me, She would be hands down poifect!! Please take some pics because id like to see this if you dont mind. Im truly happy for you!!

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #475 on: May 03, 2011, 08:08:52 AM »
I just wanted to share that having completed my first round of treatment for my cancer, I had my follow up biopsy not too long ago and all results came back benign with no new tumors and no trace of cancer so far. 8)

So, while the war is not over, I am definately on the right track! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. :)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #476 on: May 03, 2011, 08:23:43 AM »
That's great news, Shade!

Offline Azmaria Dei

• Mistress of the Crumbles
  • Force User
  • In sleep do I find my peace.
« Reply #477 on: May 03, 2011, 08:25:05 AM »
that's excellent news! congrats!

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #478 on: June 08, 2011, 11:49:51 AM »
Wanna hear something cool (since no one has looked nor commented on the pic I left in the Member's photo thread *glares*)

Vosk and Sythe (Shaak Ti) are gonna have the same last name  ;D
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #479 on: June 08, 2011, 11:59:03 AM »
Congrats Shaak Ti!!!

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

retrousse