fiduciary

Author Topic: The Good News Cafe  (Read 119282 times)

Offline Ketme-Hamje Traya

• Experienced Force User
  • "Our path brought us here for a reason..."
Re: The Good News Cafe
« Reply #375 on: October 20, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
I'm coming home from Deployment overseas in November, I'll be back at Home Station Florida in December.

Three months after that I'm out of the Army.
"...there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
-Darth Traya

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #376 on: October 20, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
Congratulations!  And thank you so much for your service :).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »
Thanks for doing what you've done, Ketme!  Any idea what you'll be doing next?  If you don't have a degree yet, take advantage of the GI Bill, if you can.  It's only good for 10 years after you get out, and time can fly!

On an unrelated note, I am back in the States, no more Middle East for me for awhile!  As a "reward" to myself, I completed the Rider's Edge course last weekend, and bought an Anniversary Edition Harley Sportster 1200.  It's such an awesome time to ride right now!  Too bad it won't last.  See ya on the roads!

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2010, 03:48:32 PM »
I'm coming home from Deployment overseas in November, I'll be back at Home Station Florida in December.

Three months after that I'm out of the Army.

Congrats and thank you for your service!  ;D

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2010, 08:08:59 PM »
Congratulations and welcome back, formerly overseas people! :)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »
Just won a "new to me" Roland Digi Piano off of Ebay for 1/2 of what I was willing to pay. It's the same make and model of what I use to gig with, but I sold my old one once I got outta gigging. It was a great stage piano, lightweight, 88-key, semi hammer action and AWESOME tones! After I sold it, I bought a Privia for the home, but hated it, so I recently bought a new yamaha home digital paino, ...but I sure as heck aint luggin THAT big thing around!
Then got into another band, and been using the old home unit that Im not happy with, it's heavy and the sounds aint all that great. Confusing huh.

Woo-Hoo! the sweet sounds of Roland  fixin to be in the house again!

So, I  now have my GREAT home unit, (the yamaha), a not so great at anything unit, (My Privia) and the new one, ...the Roland. YAY!@

Offline Ty Ree

• Force User
« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
Congrats!  The image of Chewie banging out some tunes makes chuckle...can anybody photo shop that?  Enjoy the simple things and laugh as much as you can. Cheers, Ty Ree

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #382 on: October 30, 2010, 04:30:02 AM »
Just won a "new to me" Roland Digi Piano off of Ebay for 1/2 of what I was willing to pay. It's the same make and model of what I use to gig with, but I sold my old one once I got outta gigging. It was a great stage piano, lightweight, 88-key, semi hammer action and AWESOME tones! After I sold it, I bought a Privia for the home, but hated it, so I recently bought a new yamaha home digital paino, ...but I sure as heck aint luggin THAT big thing around!
Then got into another band, and been using the old home unit that Im not happy with, it's heavy and the sounds aint all that great. Confusing huh.

Woo-Hoo! the sweet sounds of Roland  fixin to be in the house again!

So, I  now have my GREAT home unit, (the yamaha), a not so great at anything unit, (My Privia) and the new one, ...the Roland. YAY!@

Pleased to meet a fellow pianist. =D I prefer the more traditional acoustic ones, but still. ^_^

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #383 on: November 13, 2010, 02:13:49 AM »
Dearth, chalk up one for me as well, I play piano. ;) Though admittedly, it has been awhile since I've played (no time).

My good news? I had an amazing day :). I got to spend some time with a very special person and really enjoyed that... excited to see where God's going to take it. And feeling blessed beyond words ;D.

To all waiting on me for signatures... this has been a very busy week for me, with a lot of 4 AM nights. I have some things to do over the weekend, but I will get them done as SOON as I can :).

Thanks all
-MD

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #384 on: November 13, 2010, 12:15:45 PM »
Im looking back to Nov. 13, 2009. It had been a rather turbulant time in my life. Darth Real Life had pounded me with things in nearly one after the next. A year ago, I wasnt sure what was going on with my life, aside from school day after day. It's funny how something unexpected...and wonderful can appear out of nowhere...and bring you such joy and happiness you had only longed for and dreamed of. There was this guy. A member of this site. Nearly 3 years ago, he popped up one day on my msn messenger and started to talk to me. Even when I lost internet for a time, he would talk with me when I could get online while others usually forget about me. We exchanged cell phone numbers and chatted via text message. A year ago...a text message popped up out of the blue. A year later...we havent missed a single day of talking...and Im glad that I listened to the little voice in my heart..."Give him a chance! What could it hurt?". Im glad he never gave up on me from day one 3 years ago... And today...I look back with a smile, never having been happier...and say aloud before all here...I love you Trent.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #385 on: November 13, 2010, 12:31:06 PM »
Well someone just gave me a wake-up call.  Found out my account here still exists. This is a good thing for coming events...  ;)

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #386 on: November 13, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »
Well someone just gave me a wake-up call.  Found out my account here still exists. This is a good thing for coming events...  ;)

Oh brother.  ::)

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #387 on: November 14, 2010, 03:07:14 AM »
Congratulations to all the good news bearers!  ;D

Dearth, chalk up one for me as well, I play piano. ;) Though admittedly, it has been awhile since I've played (no time).

Pleased to meet you too, sir. XD Same here, actually. It's been...what? 20 years or so?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 03:08:58 AM by Dearth Breather »

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #388 on: November 14, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »

I can't wait...

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline DarthCaedus

• Formerly known as initiatedark
  • Experienced Force User
  • those darn walking carpets....
« Reply #389 on: November 16, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
after a long time of me writing music as a good way to vent, i finally get to perform with a few friends at a coffee house on friday! i've just got a good feeling that good things are to come after that, and thats already a good thing, because i love to perform  ;D

Hang on to your hate. It will help you endure. I couldn't hate, and it nearly destroyed me

retrousse