fiduciary

Author Topic: The Good News Cafe  (Read 119078 times)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: The Good News Cafe
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2010, 05:43:33 PM »
MR2... those are pretty nice cars, and that's coming from an import hater. ;D ;D all American muscle here baby... :o :D :D But seriously, those turbocharged cars are quick. They look a lot like a Pontiac Fiero. and they only weigh like 2200 lbs. Lightness equals speed... :D

Good news... it's snowing. Bad news, I'm home with nothing to do except watch SG-1 and try ot sleep. :D :D I'd like ot see some more pics of the MR2 to pass the time Amp. :D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2010, 06:07:33 PM »
Amp that is so AWESOME and GREAT news.  I'm hoping the 501st makes this an option.  You're gonna make your mark on the 501st.  Way to go trooper.  ;D

Cool about the car also.  I always loved the MR2.  Sweet car.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2010, 06:27:15 PM »
for Amptrooper: 

check vader's right hand.   ;)   where the glove hangs down. 
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5601/img0954ssmall.jpg

[edit]

background:   my daughter was 4 (maybe 5?).  her favorite scene was the part where princess Leia confronts Vader in the tantiveIV.  why? because of the way the movie starts: when vader walks in, his own troops are afraid of him.  he's pure Bad.  then here comes this pint-sized brunette who actually tells him off (!) she's not afraid of anything. 

so on the way to the event my daughter was looking forward to confronting Darth Vader but when she finally saw him in person she froze in her tracks. she clung to me like a koala bear. she said "what if he tells his troopers to 'Take Her Away!'?"

but the guy in the suit was very entertaining and he set her at ease right away by trying to shake her hand with his floppy glove.  she giggled and we snapped our pics. afterwards she said, she was just like princess Leia:  'not afraid of anything'. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:04:53 PM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2010, 11:07:30 PM »
Amp... GREAT CAR.... I need a fast car :(

Can't wait to see the promotional pics... LITERALLY  ;)

Wedge... I LOVE this story!!!

Breather... good luck with the job op!!!

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2010, 01:02:34 AM »
Breather... good luck with the job op!!!

Some things have come up since then, so I'm not sure if it's still push through. Thanks, though. :)

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2010, 05:32:04 AM »
It's not every day that you get to meet FX forum members in person. XD

I'll leave it up to Jedi Yar Nala to post the pictures, since he's the one with the camera. :p

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »
AWESOME!!! oh you guys HAVE TO post those pics!!!

Part of this is good, part of this is bad, so I'll just put it here:

As for me, I'm no longer deathly ill, just really sick!  :D Caught a nasty upper respiratory infection, 2 days in, went to the dentist for a deep cleaning so thorough it was 2 shades away from a root canal.  went home with half of my face paralyzed for the rest of the day.

For the rest of the weekend I was miserable, feverish, in pain, missed out on work, school, doing anything but bein miserable.  Got into a nasty fight with a friend because I was in so much misery.  Said things I shouldn't have, have no way to take them back, it's all my fault, and he'll probably never talk to me again.  What do I say? I didn't mean all those things I was texting, I was distracted by the crackling in my lungs?  To be fair, I think he misunderstood what I was trying to say, and that just led the way for everything to go pear shaped.

But the good part? News I want to share with him, news I want him to be the first to hear, news he's been hoping would happen for me for AGES, news that probably only he would get the significance of. And because of my stupidness, now probably doesn't care about.

Dang. I should have posted this in the vent thread.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as R2-Q5
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
I have got in 3 snow falls of 10-15 inchs of snow in the past 6 weeks and more snow is to come tomorrow :) :) :) :) :) :)    I love the snow!!!!! ;D

General Kota's
        Sabers
---------------------------
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
    Luke Hero V2 custom (In building process)
 - Planing stage
    Nothing :)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2010, 12:19:38 PM »
Kota, buddy, can you keep it for a few extra days?  we're supposed to get a DOOZY on Wednesday, which is the day that I'm going to see a Broadway play - with tickets I bought back in November.  So, I can take some on thursday, or Friday, but NOT Wednesday!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
AWESOME!!! oh you guys HAVE TO post those pics!!!

Interesting. I didn't realize that a picture of me sticking my tongue out at the camera was awe-inspiring. XD

As for me, I'm no longer deathly ill, just really sick!  :D Caught a nasty upper respiratory infection, 2 days in, went to the dentist for a deep cleaning so thorough it was 2 shades away from a root canal.  went home with half of my face paralyzed for the rest of the day.

For the rest of the weekend I was miserable, feverish, in pain, missed out on work, school, doing anything but bein miserable.  Got into a nasty fight with a friend because I was in so much misery.  Said things I shouldn't have, have no way to take them back, it's all my fault, and he'll probably never talk to me again.  What do I say? I didn't mean all those things I was texting, I was distracted by the crackling in my lungs?  To be fair, I think he misunderstood what I was trying to say, and that just led the way for everything to go pear shaped.

But the good part? News I want to share with him, news I want him to be the first to hear, news he's been hoping would happen for me for AGES, news that probably only he would get the significance of. And because of my stupidness, now probably doesn't care about.

Dang. I should have posted this in the vent thread.

*triple patpats*

No wonder you've been incommunicado lately. Never fear, you're in good hands! You're still on my prayer list, and I know Yar Nala will add you to his once he gets wind of this...

As for what to say to your friend..."I'm sorry. Please forgive me" might be good.  8)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:37:01 PM by Dearth Breather »

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »
To any relationship - friends, Co-workers, husband and wife, etc...communication is key. Every counselor will tell you that. Sis, my suggestion is to talk to him, calmly, and clear the air. But it's up to you to share the good news first or after you two have a much needed talk. There isnt any fault to either of you, from what I can understand. You two may feel silly after you two figure it all out ;-)
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2010, 05:14:43 PM »
http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/JediYarNala/?action-view&current=DavidandRay.flv

sorry..having trouble making this clicky...mods... please help...

Alright...here you go... from two different hemispheres... two legends.... an epic meeting....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:24:45 PM by Jedi Yar Nala »

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2010, 07:52:32 AM »
Oh yeah... forgot... yeah Bariss... you are on my prayer list, as Dearth anticipated.....

*Pat Pats*     (That's my best Dearth impression)   :)

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2010, 01:59:37 PM »
 :( @ Barriss, xxx that sucks. My advice is to talk to him, apolgize profusely if need be and make him understand the situation. I was there recently, got annoyed at a friend and said things I shouldn't but we talked it out and both of us understand the problems.

Of course this is a few days later so if it has been sorted- great!

I have literally no good news aside from a couple DVDs and games being bought...

Offline Hon_Rev

• Master Force User
  • Drama free since '08
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2010, 02:27:38 PM »
I got some good news for ya Doc... :o

Your metal for your Dog tags arrived today! Its called Argentium silver and is tarnish proof! Im excited to work with it and will soon use it exclusively. Stay tuned...

"the undisputed bling master." Darth Inferis
REGAL JEDI by Hon_Rev

retrousse