fiduciary

Author Topic: The Good News Cafe  (Read 119250 times)

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as R2-Q5
Re: The Good News Cafe
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »
I have more good News  :) x mas is in three days  :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :o :o :o :o

I still have 8" of snow but I am not trapped any more  :) :D

General Kota's
        Sabers
---------------------------
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
    Luke Hero V2 custom (In building process)
 - Planing stage
    Nothing :)

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2009, 11:56:04 AM »
Bah humbug... All I have to say.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2009, 12:04:37 PM »
HAHAHA bbbboooo :D Bah humbug!!!

General Kota's
        Sabers
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
 - Planing stage

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2009, 12:06:40 PM »
Awesome news Amp.  Love the new kicks AND the new trooper outfit.

Durangus, friendships are like any relationship.  There's ups and downs.  My best friend and I have gotten into absolute screaming matches, complete with slamming doors and words we try hard to pretend were never said.  But we always figure it out.  (besides, I know where all the bodies are buried.   ;) )

Life is simple when there are no options.  That's what I try to live by.  I choose to not have the option of not training, I choose to not have the option of not being able to save for the future, so I made some hard choices to help me towards my goal of earning more money.

By this time next year, I'll have a diploma in Medical Billing and Coding and will be able to either supplement my current income or make this a full time career.

This is going to mean getting up early, class is from 7:15am to 10:45am, then work at 11am until 8pm, but I've done this before, and I'm definitely not the first, nor the last to burn my candle at both ends.  But I look at it this way, sleeping doesn't earn me money (no sleep studies in my area, pooh!) I do this, and I won't have to choose between a Jay Gon or a GC saber, I'll just get both!

Corey, PM incoming!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »
 Good news I found out what my christmas tree favorite christmas song. ;)

Oh cf Oh cf how I need you on the tree.the why you make my tree so bright and make it sound so nice.
Oh cf oh cf how you can play my trees mp3s and how you make my tree look so cool. :D Oh cf Oh cf how you are the pride of my tree. :)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:04:30 PM by General Kota »

General Kota's
        Sabers
- Larbel
-JQSABERS
 - Planing stage

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2009, 01:54:16 PM »
Bah humbug... All I have to say.

You can borrow my santa hat that says Bah Humbug! on it, Shaak.  :)

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2009, 02:25:17 PM »
were did you get the hat?

General Kota's
        Sabers
- Larbel
-JQSABERS
 - Planing stage

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »
Glad to hear you folks are doing well. :)

As for me, I just saw this:

And to think I had just finished my audition a couple of days ago.  :D Looking forward to playing this game next year.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure if I'll get a part in the series I auditioned for--I think I did some lines for some characters better than others. Regardless of what happens, though, I can rest in the assurance that I gave it my best shot when I was there.  8)

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2009, 12:30:40 AM »
were did you get the hat?

Bought it at Lowe's of all places 2-3 years ago. Was there picking up some lowe's type stuff and passed by it.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »
Ahhhh, Christmas Eve!

First, I would like to Thank BARRIS OFFEE for sending both MJ and I a heart felt gift of Trader Joe's chocolate. She and her sister are 2 of nicest, most generous ladies this planet has.

This wookie LOVES Chocolate, and though I am no connoisseur of the confection, I enjoy the different variety and sampling new ( to me) variations of it. I think the box of perppermint Joe Joe's, (seemingly a dark chocolate covered choclate cookie with RICH perppermint cream filling) is my new favorite snack.

Thank you Barris, and pass a heart felt thanks and big wookie hug to your sister, she's great!

I hope all of our forum members have a safe holiday season, and PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR!

Take a little time out over the next few days to do something nice for someone u dont know, ....let the lady behind you at the register go ahead of you, let the car waiting on a side street go, give your mail carrier a box of cookies, ......whatever. Just dont get up in the hustle and bustle, let it pass u seemingly indifferently as it would any other day.
Spread the joy.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2009, 09:10:01 AM »
I want to express my heartfelt sentiment that led to the mailing of chocolates:  Chewie and MJ are definitely Good People.  When I had the opportunity to visit them earlier this year, I was able to see first hand that they are as down to earth, and helpful, and gracious, and neighborly as anyone would ever hope to meet.  I felt that we were old friends, and I hope that time will play that out.

As for taking the Holiday Spirit and paying it forward, that's an awesome idea.  I think that we here on the boards show that 'community' and 'neighbors' are relative terms.  I've seen people here routinely offering their time and expertise and patience to people they know but have never or rarely met, let's extend the same to the people we meet but don't or slightly know.

And who knows, maybe it'll just become a habit that we end up doing all year round!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »
Glad to hear you folks are doing well. :)

As for me, I just saw this:

And to think I had just finished my audition a couple of days ago.  :D Looking forward to playing this game next year.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure if I'll get a part in the series I auditioned for--I think I did some lines for some characters better than others. Regardless of what happens, though, I can rest in the assurance that I gave it my best shot when I was there.  8)

That's really cool, what part did you audition for?

I've played second opinion but I'm not a surgery fan tbh lol Still fun at times...

And Barriss- I often scold my friends who moan that they have to work from 7-1 and "cant be a**ed" despite having a job in this recession, so it's good to know someone accepts it as money in their pocket and a reason why they can still eat! AND buy lightsabers, arguably more important than food lol !

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2009, 11:02:26 PM »

That's really cool, what part did you audition for?

I've played second opinion but I'm not a surgery fan tbh lol Still fun at times...

Oh, I didn't audition for Trauma Team. I tried out for another project done by another client. I only posted the link to the Trauma Team video because it reminded me so much of my audition. :)

Sorry for the unintentional mix-up. It would be a blast do do voicework for Atlus someday, though. :p

Anyway, I tried out for three parts in an animated series done by an indie studio: a bounty hunter with a Texan accent, a cracker jack-type of guy and a generic robot soldier. XD

And I'm very pleased to meet a fellow Trauma Center series player!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:26:12 PM by Dearth Breather »

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2009, 09:15:03 AM »
Ach no worries on the mix up.

Atlus make some good games, good project(s) to work on.

I kinda stopped at Second Opinion but it was fun fighting of strange diseases and cutting with lasers!

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »
Ach no worries on the mix up.

Atlus make some good games, good project(s) to work on.

I kinda stopped at Second Opinion but it was fun fighting of strange diseases and cutting with lasers!

Yup! The good news is that Trauma Team will involve much, much more than just cutting things with scalpels and lasers. :D

retrousse