fiduciary

Author Topic: The Rebellion, Projects coming soon...U really want to see this...EXAR KUN too!!  (Read 38852 times)

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
Re: The Rebellion, Projects coming soon...you really want to see this.
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2012, 07:00:34 AM »
Oh I am SO in for a Jacen Solo saber!  I would definitely jump on the run for it!

Count me in for that one, General!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:07:14 AM by Nero Attoru »

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2012, 07:17:19 AM »
That blaster.... SEXY. I would move my blaster core into one if its made of metal.

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
My Sabers: Avenger & Defender (TCSS Pair), Ravager (SF Vanquish)
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!
Note: All sales from me, once shipped, are final.

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 07:18:32 AM »
I have to wonder what sort of internal space that Katarn would have.  If it could have almost an inch of room, I'd jump on a stunt.  That way if there is space I can put an Igniter in there and get the true Jedi Knight DFII experience with multiple blade color choices just like the multi-player of the old game.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:27:07 AM by Keil Edge »

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »
Liking the Obi Apprentice saber - and wasn't familiar with the Jacen one, which is also pretty tasty! Great to see a bunch of really nice sabers in the works prospectively in the same sort of price bracket as the first rebellion run. Bravo!

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2012, 08:36:35 AM »
WOW GG  :o thats really cool stuff! Where can I sign for the Obi ?  :D

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2012, 09:22:30 AM »
Edit: perfect example - cover of Legacy of the Force: Fury - Ben suddenly has Obi's TPM saber somehow: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070711000845/starwars/images/3/3c/FuryCover.jpg
I believe there is actually a story behind that,  but I can't remember where I read it.

Maybe you're thinking of this?: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Lightsaber

But that was Anakin/Lukes graflex, not Obi Wan's. That saber eventually was given to Mara Jade, which she sometimes used alongside her own. Obi's original was lost in TPM, and the second was taken on Geonosis (I like to think that LDM, er I mean, Grievous took it, but that's not Lore-supported).
No,  Deke,  I'm fully aware of how Mara got hold of Luke's lightsaber from ESB.  I have the novels where Luke gives it to her in my collection, .  What I'm thinking I remember reading was that there was a New Jedi Order expedition to Geonosis where either Tionne Solusar or Danni Quee found Obi-wan's AOTC saber in the ruins and returned it to Luke....or it was the one kicked into the reactor shaft on Naboo,  and someone found it and returned it to Luke....He eventually passed it on to Ben,  finding it fitting that he should be using his namesake's lightsaber.  Just can't remember if it was in the legacy of the Jedi or somewhere in the star wars Insider magazine, but I'm thinking it was in Legacy of the Jedi: Exile when Ben was on Ziost....just not sure.

It is also possible that Ben simply recreated the lightsaber himself because he liked the design....but I'll that probably never happens,  right?  ;)

But this is all a discussion for another topic.

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2012, 09:38:36 AM »
Why no love for underlord?

I personally love it, but I am pretty biased towards clan sabers.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline EyeoftheRaven

• Master Force User
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
Edit: perfect example - cover of Legacy of the Force: Fury - Ben suddenly has Obi's TPM saber somehow: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070711000845/starwars/images/3/3c/FuryCover.jpg
I believe there is actually a story behind that,  but I can't remember where I read it.

Maybe you're thinking of this?: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Lightsaber

But that was Anakin/Lukes graflex, not Obi Wan's. That saber eventually was given to Mara Jade, which she sometimes used alongside her own. Obi's original was lost in TPM, and the second was taken on Geonosis (I like to think that LDM, er I mean, Grievous took it, but that's not Lore-supported).
No,  Deke,  I'm fully aware of how Mara got hold of Luke's lightsaber from ESB.  I have the novels where Luke gives it to her in my collection, .  What I'm thinking I remember reading was that there was a New Jedi Order expedition to Geonosis where either Tionne Solusar or Danni Quee found Obi-wan's AOTC saber in the ruins and returned it to Luke....or it was the one kicked into the reactor shaft on Naboo,  and someone found it and returned it to Luke....He eventually passed it on to Ben,  finding it fitting that he should be using his namesake's lightsaber.  Just can't remember if it was in the legacy of the Jedi or somewhere in the star wars Insider magazine, but I'm thinking it was in Legacy of the Jedi: Exile when Ben was on Ziost....just not sure.

It is also possible that Ben simply recreated the lightsaber himself because he liked the design....but I'll that probably never happens,  right?  ;)

But this is all a discussion for another topic.

You're thinking of Kenobi's third lightsaber, the one he had when he died.  It was later found by Orloc in one of Vader's old strongholds, and brought to the Jedi Praxeum, where it was eventually given to Anakin Solo.  It's the ROTS/ANH saber lore-wise.

Offline EyeoftheRaven

• Master Force User
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »
Why no love for underlord?

I personally love it, but I am pretty biased towards clan sabers.

I love it as well.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2012, 09:43:09 AM »
Another Obi padawan hilt isn't so far fetched, seeing as he's lost his lightsaber in every one of the prequels.  Ironic joke about this weapon is your life, blah, blah, blah... Get a lanyard already, Kenobi! :D

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
Double set of Westar (Jango Fett) Blasters... mmmmmmmm  :D :D :D :D :D

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
Double set of Westar (Jango Fett) Blasters... mmmmmmmm  :D :D :D :D :D

Haha, I read that in the family guy Herbert voice. Mmmmmmm lol ;D
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »
^ Bahahahah now I do, too!

*From Blue Harvest*

"The Force surrounds us....it penetrates us.......mmmmm.........."
-Herbert as Obi-Wan

:D :D :D

Sorry mods, if I shouldn't have quoted this particular line. Feel free to edit it. I just thought the moment was opportune to whip that line out! :D

BUT, pertaining to the topic at hand.....by the FORCE, these are incredible. I, too, am a fan of the Obi apprentice saber. I could REALLY get behind the Underlord, as well.....too bad I can't get in on these runs. But I sincerely look forward to see them all play out! :)
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline CinDrycast

• Experienced Force User
  • Remember... The Force will be with you... Always!
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2012, 11:16:29 AM »
Ermahgerd!
Katarn and Obi! YES!!!
They'll be mine :D

Master Replicas Ep. VI Luke Skywalker Lightsaber V2 LE #0496/1500
eFX Episode VI Luke Skywalker 'Version Two' Lightsaber PCR

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2012, 11:17:14 AM »
Wheeew...Maybe I shouldn't have slept, lol. 

I will answer a few questions that stuck out to me.

Internal space on the Katarn (and all of them for that matter) will be less than an inch.  These hilts are created for the CSv1 in particular.  The reason?  We want them to be 1:1 scale (in other words, SMALL) and not big and gangly.  I think that the only ones that have larger than 1" bore planned are the Jacen Solo and the Underlord.  We haven't fleshed the Obi out to that level yet so I just don't know.  So, will the Katarn fit a CFv6 + CEx or an Igniter + daughter board...probably not.

The blasters...I am not promising anything, but we are efforting a sound solution for it.  Weather that be Blaster Core, or something else, it will indeed have a sound or stunt option.

As far as where everyone can sign up...nowhere yet.  This thread will help us to decide how to proceed.  Each successful run will breed another run.  We plan on doing them in a random to semi-random order and will likely eliminate hilts that do not pass the initial "interest thread" stage.

Finally, I just saw the initial renders of the Exar Kun...HOLY COW.  Y'alll gonna love that one too.

...carry on. ;D

retrousse