fiduciary

Author Topic: MKIII-re, a New Product line offering by LDM  (Read 6040 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
MKIII-re, a New Product line offering by LDM
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »
MKIII-re, an Obi-ROTS style Lighted Saber Line by LDM

With the release of the "Accurately weathered" ANH Obi Line, the Parks MKIII ROTS sabers coming out of my shop are no more.  All ANH MKIII's will look like that from now on (unless someone wants a "clean ANH").  I have indeed Diversified the MKIII Product line, but am also streamlining it at the same time.  The ROTS's are now a completely different design.  The POC/initial hilts are from a couple of different machinists and look virtually identical, so no matter who ends up doing the empties for me these will look like what is posted here.  These are about as accurate with respect to the ROTS and the original MKIII is to the ANH.  Not an exact replica (although very accurate), but more of an Obi-ROTS-ish product.  Pricing structure has already been set and will be posted shortly.  These will be ordered through my site (just like Malakytes, 51TH Commandos and Revans) starting very soon.  Turn around time from the day a final confirmed order is placed will run about 4-6 weeks.  The hilts themselves are quite versatile and sport a 1" blade (although BH depth is only ~1" so I still wouldn't gorilla-duel with them) and can contain virtually any electronics package that I offer.  Enjoy.

A Comparison:

Particulars (of the POC finished saber posted here):
MKIII-re (2014 LDM designed) hilt
Crystal Shard v2
MKIII-re Optics Module
9W RGB (SkyBlu Blade and Ice FoC or VioletIce FoC)
Real Copper and Brass choke
3.7V (18350) 1200 mAh pack
LDM 26mm HO speaker in Machined
Dual Touch-plate activation
Faux Crystal Pommel

The BMT:

The Glams:

Detail Pictures:

Offline sekrogue1985

• Force User
Re: MKIII-re, a New Product line offering by LDM
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:09:14 AM »
now that is my kind of saber...goes to LDM's shop and steals it hehehe  >:D

PS Lion font would totally rock out in this saber.  totally built for jedi sabers! ;P

totally will be wanting one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GusManB

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 03:31:50 AM »
I might pup one my self :)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »

PS Lion font would totally rock out in this saber.  totally built for jedi sabers! ;P

Daaaaaaaaaannnnnggggg....forgot to pimp Lion.  It is the show font on the new MKIII Accurate ANH I just posted!  It rocks!!!!!!

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »
As always, a great looking saber, General! I confess, the Obiwan OT is my favorite of all the movie sabers, especially in it's weathered version. Will definitely be talking to you about one of these once I get started with teaching for the fall semester. A really great translation of the film saber.

Offline Wildcard

• Master Force User
  • This is an ex-parrot.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
Beautiful saber General; this is definitely going on my want list!

Offline sekrogue1985

• Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 11:31:57 PM »

Daaaaaaaaaannnnnggggg....forgot to pimp Lion.  It is the show font on the new MKIII Accurate ANH I just posted!  It rocks!!!!!!

I did see that it was fricking yummy saber too but i've always been more particle to this one for some reason don't nkow why but yeah...funny thing is lion was originally an idea for an obi saber but over time just ended up as my personal project.  now you got an obi saber that i want....totally gonna add it to the things i need ldm to do still...working on getting the motivation to update my MKVI  maybe i should get both done at once...idk

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 12:27:47 AM »
Oh yeah, really diggin that ROTS version. Very much my favorite Jedi saber design... but what's up with the extension on the bottom of the pommel? Is it there to ensure proper fitting of the internal electronics, or something the manufacturer overlooked/design flaw? Maybe it's just me, but I thought the ROTS pommel was shorter. Nonetheless, I might still yet replace my ROTS'ed Dark Avenger with this, soon... if the price is right ;D.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 12:05:46 AM »
Oh yeah, really diggin that ROTS version. Very much my favorite Jedi saber design... but what's up with the extension on the bottom of the pommel? Is it there to ensure proper fitting of the internal electronics, or something the manufacturer overlooked/design flaw? Maybe it's just me, but I thought the ROTS pommel was shorter. Nonetheless, I might still yet replace my ROTS'ed Dark Avenger with this, soon... if the price is right ;D.

The pommel is one of the "concessions" that keep this particular saber from infringing on anyone's IP ;)  Of course, it also does create an extra cm of space for electronics which often does indeed matter.  If you ever decide you want one, hit me up and I could possilby mod the pommel to shorten the endcap for you.

THe pricing for these is up on my site here:  LDM Custom Sabers - MKIII-re Sabers for Sale

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 11:40:18 PM »
I just got mine and it's outstanding. Review here: Review of Caine's MKIII-Re

retrousse