fiduciary

Author Topic: Caine is BACK. All new things on the horizon...JUYO TEASER ADDED.  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Hello my friends.

It's been a quite awhile since I have posted in the section, let alone post anything saber combat related. Most longtime folks know who I am, but for the newer folks, just a little about me:

I have been active in the community since 2007. With exception to Forms 1 and 3, I was the first person to complete and film full tutorials of the 7 Forms of Lightsaber Combat. When I first started in this hobby, there was literally a handful of saber combat related videos on YouTube, and seriously under 10 vids on the Forms of Combat. Now, there are MANY MANY tutorials, different takes, etc. But I was the first.

Over the years, aside from my 7 Forms tutorials, I have formed my own combat system, formed a combat system with Novastar (which I fully withdrew from last year) taught saber combat classes and workshops. It was fun...until it turned into bonafide work  which turned me off completely, along with other contributing factors. I simply got burned out. However, as the months went by, I began to miss the community. I missed the people, and I missed contributing  which I loved to do at the height of my involvement. After doing some soul searching and talking to many of my sabersmith friends, etc. it made me want to come back...and come back I am.

So here it is. I am working on a brand new form - Lightsaber Form 7 (Juyo) to conincide with a very cool saber that LDM is doing for me. Like i did in the old days, I will post my vids on YouTube. However, I will NOT in any way shape or form be charging anyone for anything saber Form related. Ever. I am not in this for the money. I have a real career in the martial arts that I am continuing to foster and grow (I own my own school) and this hobby is just FUN. As it should be. No stress, no deadlines, no pressure, just FUN.

I am also introducing a new term and well as mindset: SaberArts Athlete.
...more on that later.  :)

In the meantime I look forward to future contributions, giving advice, etc. I will continue to promote my friends in the industry at PlecterLabs, LDM Customsabers, Vader's Vault, Genesis Custom Sabers, JQ Sabers,  Simpi Sabers, MH Custom Sabers, Kilsythe Customs, Calvary Customs,  and anyone else that I may have missed. My friends in this hobby have contributed to what it is for me. They always have and will have my full support and endorsement.

Form vid will be coming in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:07:31 PM by Caine »

Offline JediWizard

• Master Force User
  • You cant have a droid Phil
Re: Caine is BACK. All new things on the horizon...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »
Nice to meet you, look forward to seeing the new and checking out the old

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 08:29:11 PM »
Great news man! Glad to have you back in black!

And for all of you new people - get ready for some saber school!

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 09:15:03 PM »
Cool! Can't wait to see the form vid

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 09:44:59 PM »
Welcome back Caine. Don't forget me too buddy. ;)
Lord Bane

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:53:05 PM »
Welcome back Caine. Don't forget me too buddy. ;)
Lord Bane

Well, but of course.  ^-^

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 11:00:12 PM »
Merry Christmas, Caine is back!!! Oh, good to see ya again buddy. You have been missed.
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 11:53:24 PM »
Nice to see you truly active  again, Caine. I still refer to your work quite often. I look forward to newer developments. 
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 12:02:21 AM »
Nice to see you truly active  again, Caine. I still refer to your work quite often. I look forward to newer developments.

Thank you, good sir! I am honored.  ^-^

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 12:37:44 AM »
Welcome back Master. I've learned so much from you ever since your first 7 Forms disc [wow was it really that long ago? time flies eh? lol] and through the years so am VERY glad to see you back with renewed enthusiasm and very intrigued by that "SaberArts Athlete" term and as always eager to see what you bring forward next to educate and inspire the community once again.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Master Elenos

• Force User
  • Jedi Exile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 01:57:27 AM »
Welcome back Master !!!
And just in time to get us ready for episode VII  ;D

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 02:12:56 AM »
Welcome back, my friend! :)

I can't wait for your Longsword tutorial!  ::) :P

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 07:03:19 AM »
Woo hoo! Great to have you back here! We cannot wait to resume lessons from the master himself!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 09:35:29 AM »
Welcome back Master. I've learned so much from you ever since your first 7 Forms disc [wow was it really that long ago? time flies eh? lol] and through the years so am VERY glad to see you back with renewed enthusiasm and very intrigued by that "SaberArts Athlete" term and as always eager to see what you bring forward next to educate and inspire the community once again.

Thank Onli, you were one of my first customers of my original DVD back in 2008. 😊 Wow, how time does indeed fly!

Offline Ho-Wai Lowill

• Padawan Learner
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 01:27:33 PM »
The master is back! I was already interested in some of your videos back then before i jointed the community and into the hobby. It would be nice to see more of you and your contributions. Welcome back and good news for the new year too!

retrousse