fiduciary

Author Topic: LB Custom R.O. Kota (Reaver II)  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Lord Bane

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
LB Custom R.O. Kota (Reaver II)
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »
This is a RO Kota saber that I purchased a few weeks back. This is one of my personal sabers that is part of my costume and I have dubbed it "Reaver II". I contacted Roland and asked him to make this hilt for me according to my specs. He got most of it right but I had to modify a few things in order to complete the saber successfully. To start with I asked him to make the saber at 11.5" and I wanted the inner tube at 1/1/8" to fit both the CF an 18650 stick.
When I received the saber It was over 12.5" long and he had a plastic pommel insert with small holes drilled into it. Also, the blade holder was just under an inch so I needed to sand that in order to make a standard blade fit. I then had to unwrap the leather and cut the saber down to size to meet my specs and then rewrap it. I finally had to get creative and come up with a solution to the plastic pommel insert problem. I used a cut down blade holder and a TCSS pommel insert grill which did the trick.

Specs:
LB Custom Reaver II. Hilt made by RO Sabers, Electronics installed by me. Saber contains a CF6 sound board, CEX color extender, blue ring anti-vandal switch, custom pommel grill with recharge port and R.IC.E. port in pommel, hidden aux switch under leather wrap and rumble motor. Fonts are custom sampled from the "Legacy of Kain" video game series.

Here is the finished product.
Enjoy!!

Bane

Pictures:

Video:
LB Custom Reaver II - YouTube

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:13:08 PM by Lord Bane »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: LB Custom Reaver II
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »
Nice work LB! I'm very partial to this hilt, as you well know, LOL! It came out very nice!
Nice fonts and blade colors, btw.

Offline mre1207

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »
That is sweet!  Great work!

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
i like this too, this is nice Lord Bane, good job.
im generally not a big fan of this style of saber but this is an exception.

retrousse