fiduciary

Author Topic: Overlords going to Florida  (Read 19626 times)

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
Re: Overlords going to Florida
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 11:29:54 PM »
Wow. I'm sorry this continues to drag, but I'm glad to not be the lone voice calling for action...

Jango, your efforts have been beyond what anyone could have expected. As I said before, it seems crazy that anyone would jump into the middle of this mess as you did, and we all appreciate your efforts. The continual lack of support and information from US and ORA is beyond ridiculous. The fact that they aren't supporting you, who offered assistance when it was sorely needed, is unacceptable. The lack of concern for us, the customers, has been on display for some time now, but I didn't think it would extend itself to other builders, just trying to help. ORA and US are both snubbing their noses at all of us, which now includes Jango. Maybe this is the end for 2 companies, not just one. I can promise that, should no resolution happen soon, Ultrasabers will have taken it's last dollar from me...

As far as your actions, Jango, as much as the selfish side of me screams otherwise, I think you should finish the confirmed orders, and send the rest back to Ultrasabers. Granted, that probably means the other 9 of us whose sabers you have will probably never see them, but you need to get out of this mess. Untie this anchor from your foot, lest it drag you down with it. I don't think you should have to spend a penny on these things, and you've already spent far too much time. Get out now, while you still can, with your name and reputation unsullied.

Anyone at Ultrasabers, if you're reading, fix this. Fix it now. You're on a slippery slope now, as a company who gets a lot of it's business from communities such as this one. To alienate so many of your customers is beyond idiocy. Put this on the top of your priority list, and show people you actually care. Because we're not seeing it...
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 12:01:08 AM »

Email sent to morbius@outerrimarmory.com and shipping@ultrasabers.com,

These are the contact addresses listed on http://www.ultrasabers.com/help_answer.asp?ID=17#46 and http://www.outerrimarmory.com/home/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=30, respectively.

We could also send e-mails to the addressed below. one e-mail from each of us, to each of these addresses, every hour, on the hour. Of course, then they'd just block us, and send our e-mails to the trash...

Payments / Address Updates / Order Status:
shipping@ultrasabers.com

Repairs and Warranty info/ Retail
liam@ultrasabers.com

Technical questions concerning our sabers, sound boards, conversions or kits we offer:
alex@ultrasabers.com

***DISCLAIMER*** The above mentioned e-mail strategy was meant in a humorous fashion, and was by no means intended as a suggested course of action.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:07:30 AM by Reaver »

Offline Gmar

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 02:12:54 AM »
Lol Reaver, however, there is still a valid point within your humor.

By using their designated e-mail addresses, I am trying to avoid one of the numerous excuses that we have all heard.  Some excuses are certainly valid, but some more than others. ;)

For example, I already know that Halloween is one of their busiest times of the year, and there is an expectation for a lag for a reasonable amount of time.

If you're on the list for an OverLord, your wait is almost over.

I have brought another machinist on board and I will now be able to complete this project before Halloween.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 04:49:10 AM »
So as I understand it;
All sabers are complete exept for 9 Overlords, who misses their Batteries and switches and a few other stuff.

Well, I dont think Jango have to pay for that himself.

If Ultra does not come out for that,...
Let us pay for this things together as a group.

My overlord is complete, but stiill, I want to pay my share also, to help the whole group out here.
I think all the guy's who are in this will join for that.
This way we can be done with it.

Jango, can you tell us about how much money we're talking about, so we can see how much are share would be.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:50:53 AM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Gmar

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 05:45:13 AM »
Remember, Jango only received 15 hilts.  The original run was for 30, which became 35 after 5 new slots were added in August 2008.

I have already offered to receive the saber unassembled.   While your offer to help pay for others' Overlords is commendable, for me, I don't see myself paying more. 

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 06:02:40 AM »
So as I understand it;
All sabers are complete exept for 9 Overlords, who misses their Batteries and switches and a few other stuff.
My overlord is complete, but stiill, I want to pay my share also, to help the whole group out here.
I think all the guy's who are in this will join for that.
This way we can be done with it.

None of them are complete. I have not started any installs, because I am still waiting on the remaining 9 orders paper work. The pictures earlier in the thread are where I stopped and started waiting for info.
I wanted to order all the parts at once to keep costs down.

No one is asking for more funds from you guys.
The only issue that may arise is the in-hilt recharge and chargers and li-ions.
I am not sure if Ultrasabers will be covering that, but I need a final count of whats needed in order to go forward.

Also,
Ultrasabers HQ is not holding this up. Flooding their inbox will not help any and I'm sure their other clients would appreciate you guys keeping the tubes clear.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 06:12:05 AM »
No one is asking for more funds from you guys.
The only issue that may arise is the in-hilt recharge and chargers and li-ions.
I am not sure if Ultrasabers will be covering that, but I need a final count of whats needed in order to go forward.
Yes, but Jango, if Ultra doesn't, we cannot expect you to pay for it.
I'm already glad you've jumped into this mess for us.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 07:15:45 AM »
Although Jango received 15 Overlord hilts, Derek still kept several.  My two Overlords are among them.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 07:32:58 AM »
Hilts too,...
That is bad.

Hmm,... Ultra did make a new serie of those, so that is to be fixed easy.
He only has to make the decision.
There is no time for thinking about it, not anymore.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:37:53 AM by Darth Matth »

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 07:48:43 AM »
This splitting of orders is, as I understand it, the biggest problem. Because there is no paperwork, and Jango doesn't know who has what, other than those confirmed 6. I am disturbed to hear that Jango didn't get all of them. Considering the fact that nothing other than this one shipment has come from ORA in many months, I have no great hope of the sabers he kept (for no apparent reason, considering how often he has said he has no time/money/desire to work on them) EVER reaching their owners. And the delay in paperwork is just another in a long line of stalling/delay tactics that we've all seen too often.

I'm happy for the 6 people who may actually get their Overlords. The rest of us - we're screwed. Plain and simple. Time to accept it, and ask for our money back. That's nearly a grand for me, what with the sabers, boards and install fees.

Can we start to make a list to see who is in on the refund movement? I know, we all want these sabers. But I am NOT ready to wait another year for them. And I won't believe any timeline that anyone gives me at this point, because not a single one has been met. We need to present a united front here, and make it clear to Ultra and everyone else that we're done being ignored and aren't going to sit back and take it any more...

I'm going to ast for a refund on my 2 Overlords, so who else is ready to take some action?

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 12:23:58 PM »
Although Jango received 15 Overlord hilts, Derek still kept several.  My two Overlords are among them.
As is mine.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 01:09:52 PM »
Is there any explanation as to WHY Derek held onto some?

Offline Darth Kraytt

• Force User
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 05:26:52 PM »
And he also has two of mine... :-\

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »
I think it's about time those "What If" plans are implemented......

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »
I recently obtained Derek's phone numbers and will be giving him a call soon regarding the Overlords he still has, as well as the parts and order info that Jango still needs for the hilts he already sent.

Since he has previously indicated that people don't call him, we'll try this route first.  If this is unsuccessful, then perhaps everyone should possibly start looking into the refund option if you feel that's what's best for you.  Until then, hang tight. 

I'll get back to everyone soon.

retrousse