fiduciary

Author Topic: My Obi-Wan ROTS FX Lightsaber Review  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
My Obi-Wan ROTS FX Lightsaber Review
« on: March 29, 2007, 12:30:15 PM »
"It's over, Anakin!"  "I have the high ground!"

These words were spoken by Master Obi-Wan Kenobi to his former apprentice Anakin Skywalker who was now known as Darth Vader before his apprentice made a fatal mistake at the end of their duel.  Thus begins my review of the Obi-Wan Kenobi Revenge Of The Sith FX Lightsaber.

The Box
Score: 10/10

What can I say about this box?  Typical latest box and nicely packed to fully scure the lightsaber.

The Hilt

This is simply AWESOME!  I loved feeling the cold metal when I unwrapped the saber and held it in my hands for the first time.  I was pretty happy too that the 'grenade' area is actually metal and not plastic.  As everyone has reported this saber definitely has some weight to it but it makes it ideal for spinning just like the Luke ROTJ, if not even more so.  I love the way how Master Replicas duplicated all the smallest detail from its LE counter part, right down to the gribblees on the side of the control box.  Handling the hilt is pretty good too.  Never once turned off the saber when while having batteries in it and gave it a few good spins. 

The Blade

Very bright blade and brighter than my Anakin's.  Like with a lot of other people's Obi-Wan saber mine has perfect constistancy with an evenly light blade.  No black spots at all in it.  I've took a photo comparison of the blade next to the Anakin.  Yes the Obi-Wan came out at tad weird but I think my camera lens has a bit of a smudge on it.  I'm not sure too if that picture shows the difference in brightness between the Anakin and the Obi-Wan saber.

The Sound
Score: 7/10

Besides the fact that this has the typical recyled Jedi sounds.  It definitely is louder than the Anakin and when I swing it the sounds come on at the same time.  All though it requires a bit of a hit to activate the clashes.  Then again it could be because it's brand new and it will take a while it "break it in".

Over All Rating and Final Thoughts

Over all, I LOVE this lightsaber.  I've said that the Luke ROTJ is my favorite but now I've offically changed my mind.  This is definitely my favorite lightsaber of my collection.  The feel and handling of it is perfect in every way.  Master Replicas really out did themselves with this lightsaber.

One small complaint though... when I was taking off the decals there was residue from the decals on the saber.  Luckly my dad had this stuff that was made to remove residue from decals and such with out harming the surface of whatever it was on so I was able to remove it quite easily with that.  Now onto the pictures.

THE BOX:

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

THE SABER REVEALED

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

DETAILS

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic

BATTLE OF THE HEROES

Clicky For Larger Pic

Clicky For Larger Pic
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:07:20 PM by BigT1981 »

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
Re: My Obi-Wan ROTS FX Lightsaber Review (Coming Soon)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 08:38:49 AM »
YAY! I finally got notification from HSN that my Obi-Wan FX Lightsaber has been shipped.  It'll be here on Tuesday *crosses fingers*.  So definitely expect a review of the saber Tuesday afternoon/early evening.  I can't wait to get this.

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
Re: My Obi-Wan ROTS FX Lightsaber Review (Coming Soon)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 10:32:57 AM »
It really is a great saber. Ihope you enjoy it and look forward to your review! :)

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
Re: My Obi-Wan ROTS FX Lightsaber Review
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »
First post updated with review and pictures.

Offline QUINLAN VOS

• Formerly known as Acampa
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Feel the Force
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »
Very nice pics Big T.  I Think that the Obi-wan will serve your collection well.

May the force be with you and your new saber ;)
"Two Morgukai against one wounded Jedi? Seems unfair. Would it help if I closed my eyes?"
―Quinlan Vos

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 09:10:39 PM »
Very nice pics Big T.  I Think that the Obi-wan will serve your collection well.

May the force be with you and your new saber ;)

Thanks.  ;D

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 08:25:54 AM »
Great review Big T.!m Lots of nice pictures. :)

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

retrousse