fiduciary

Author Topic: Nano V4 random reboot  (Read 1269 times)

Offline jacobpac

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Nano V4 random reboot
« on: April 11, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »
I read the previous post on this issue and tried it. No luck.

Here are the details: NBV4 powered by TCSS 10A 3.7v batt. I'm running 2 neopixel strings 144. I connected everything and it runs great. No sound issues. The problem arises when I make a hard swing down and to the left..??

Ive tried changing board orientation, reformatted the SD, tried a different SD, lowered the current on the main color to 900 and decreased Foc to 200 ( I tried this because the previous 3 NBV3s shut off similarly on Foc. Lowering the current on Foc stopped the issue), All solder points are clean, I tried a 12A battery-same result.

One interesting thing- I tried a battery without a PCB and the board would cutoff and immediately come back on without having to reinitialize it. When using batt with pcb the board would just shut off and I would need to reinitialize it.

The board is completely protected from shorting on the side walls.

Soft swings, Foc all work perfectly. It shuts down on a hard down figure 8 swing.

I was instructed on the custom sabershop forum to contact Erv.

Any thoughts?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Nano V4 random reboot
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:41:35 AM »
Does it happen with no blade connected? I suggest you buy pass your recharge Port as a first test also.
Most of similar issues and heard off are linked to the amount of current pulled out from the battery which does not follow. Which is basically the same issue you had with you were other Nano biscotti : incorrect current limitation to the LEDs lead the battery protection circuit to trip to protect from other discharge.

Offline jacobpac

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 10:23:39 AM »
It doesn’t happen when blade is disconnected.

What do you recommend for decreasing current? I’m running neopixel blade. Resistor + lead to string. Ive tried turning down the current draw to 900 and 200 Foc(no mix).

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »
I suggest using a better battery. And bypassing the RP as suggested

retrousse