fiduciary

Author Topic: Now this is nice!!  (Read 3911 times)

cyberplem

Now this is nice!!
« on: September 23, 2005, 06:21:39 PM »
Been working on a project for a better way to store and display. I've got way too much invested to cardboard box or plastic bag'em.              The finished product came back the other day.   Very very nice    I like.

Mark

Offline Gnosis

• Formerly known as Gnosis
  • Master Force User
  • The Bird King of La Mancha
    • This week in geek
Re: Now this is nice!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 06:44:09 PM »
I definately like it :)

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber. "
Count Dooku

Sith Lord Adminstrator
countdooku@fx-sabers.com

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 07:00:25 PM »
Wow.  Just like the old MR LE cases.

cyberplem

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 07:30:13 PM »
I'm really surprised MR missed the boat with a proper case. They have them for the smaller hilts...
I am way serious about my Sabers and decided to have a little fun with this. I have a few hobbies here and there and this one has taken on a life or... er... force... of it's own.  This is the first prototype of a new line coming out designed just for MR FX Lightsabers. You can bet I'll have one for each of my sabers. The neat part is you can pull the inner container out for display and put your original MR box in it for safe keeping. Not cheap though. This is a collector grade case with two months of designing by a team of pros. Can't wait for more. A website is about to be completed that'll only offer this one case for Lightsaber Afficienados.   ;D

Hey like the forum and site here. Kudos to Meridian for helping with the pic post.

Master Mark

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 07:51:09 PM »
YES! This is it! This is what was in my mind the first time the words "fx lightsaber case" came to my mind. The price is gonna kill me though...

cyberplem

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 08:56:04 PM »
Actually, only as expensive as a lightsaber itself.  They'll retail for about a buck twenty. I have no problem paying that to put my Luke ROTJ worth five hundred in. Yep, gonna have one for all ten I have now. No doubt have to Ebay off some other toys to afford it but well worth it. These cases are exceptional. I'll post another pic or two as time allows and I'll share the site when it's up.  I'm excited. These boxes are sweeet.

Offline Gnosis

• Formerly known as Gnosis
  • Master Force User
  • The Bird King of La Mancha
    • This week in geek
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 09:18:59 PM »
I can't justify paying that much for a case but it's a nice piece to be sure

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber. "
Count Dooku

Sith Lord Adminstrator
countdooku@fx-sabers.com

Offline sycor

• Master Force User
  • Um...Hello?
    • Soylent-Red
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 09:32:52 PM »
I have no problem paying that to put my Luke ROTJ worth five hundred in.

That is a pretty sweet case.  But I have to ask, are the original Luke ROTJ sabers still going for that much?  If so, that case is definitely a worthy investment!  (I haven't kept up with them since I don't have one.)

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 05:07:08 AM »
wow, nice!
{[][][][]--{}================

(((FORMALLY MR.GRIFFIN)))

cyberplem

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 05:38:22 AM »
Yes, I've seen the Original Luke ROTJ's, when the market was hot, go anywhere to between five and six hundred bucks. Things have slacked off a little and a good many have brought'em out to sell and the prices have dropped some. Wonder how the release of the new ROTJ is going to affect the value of the old one. Might even make them worth more!

I know, everything seems pricey these days... but I know first hand what went into designing, making, the materials involved and the other prototypes that did not work, structural issues, rigidity... stuff you'd never think of. This case is manufactured by a professional company that specializes in unique containers for everything from cassette tapes to musical instruments. It was designed around an FX lightsaber in a design lab in Chicago. After a couple of trys, and a couple of months they got it right. I intend on keeping my sabers for long time and these fit the bill.

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 07:08:18 AM »
that case is NICE!!!
REALLY GOOD FOR TRAVELLING

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 09:19:40 AM »
that case is NICE!!!
REALLY GOOD FOR TRAVELLING

good for everything! :)

cyberplem

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 09:33:44 AM »
One of the earlier prototypes was damaged in shipping, seems like all the carriers are out to tear up your packages... the box was ripped up and you could tell suffered abuse and the case itself damaged from where something pierced the box but the lightsaber contained inside was cushioned in the grey foam and black velvet and was perfect. I'm not so sure the original Master Replicas box would have faired as well. So here's another pic of the case. Too bad my two Anakin AOTC's won't fit. One is stock and too long, just by a couple of inches and my other Anakin AOTC is a hybrid. I acquired just a hollowed out shell of a hilt, refashioned some electronics from a gutted Luke ROTJ, upgraded the speaker and put a new aqua blade from the Custom Saber Shop. Turned out sweet with a unique sound but is way too long by another three or four inches. 
Geez. I just love these things. Therapy for my addiction is not going well.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 08:11:54 PM »
Hello there

Very nice cases...

I think the price is higher than what many will pay from what I've seen people spend
on saber accessories, but it's certainly worth trying.

They do look cool with that cut foam lining.
always
MERIDIAN

P.S. check this out from about a month ago http://fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=433.0

« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:21:06 PM by MERIDIAN »

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 07:26:37 AM »
Oh yea i forgot abt those,
did u produce 1?

retrousse