fiduciary

Author Topic: Vader ESB/Anakin ROTS pix & video! + Luke/Obi-Wan FX thin neck pix (doctored)  (Read 8599 times)

Offline Brazilian Jedi

• Force User
  • Also known as EDIANESE on Youtube and PSN account.
Really nice pics..

Your room looks kinda pink when both sabers are on!
--------------------------
Fx-Sabers member since 2005

First saber: Anakin Ep. III 2005

To see my saber stage combat videos, check my profile under Website title.

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
hey LeatherWings  , i love that first pic,,really nice, ;)
left side blue, right side red

Offline LeatherWings

• Force User
  • This town needs an enema!
    • BATGband.com
Thx guys,

Here's a pic of me being dramatic, you just can't help it when you ignite these things in the dark!

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
I also took a picture of myself holding two lightsabers some time ago...

Offline PLO KOON

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
Re: Vader ESB/Anakin ROTS pix & video! + Luke/Obi-Wan FX thin neck pix (doctored)
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2005, 08:00:30 AM »
I think I figured it out! The lightsabers look like the movies with a high ISO setting. I recently used a camera which is capable of setting the ISO as high as 800 and this is what I got ...

and here is my  sister trying to do melt the pillow in half ...

It doesn't work on the Vader though... cause it makes the core orange.

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
Re: Vader ESB/Anakin ROTS pix & video! + Luke/Obi-Wan FX thin neck pix (doctored)
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2005, 08:27:07 AM »
wow really nice looks exactly like the movies!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 02:19:41 PM by General Grievous »

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2005, 06:20:23 PM »
I've fallen in love with the colours your photos have produced,LeatherWings. The effect of the two sabers together is most impressive.
The beautiful thing about all the photos I've seen on this site is that no two blade colours seem the same which only adds to my enjoyment of the pics. Ok, mostly the difference is only slight but it is fascinating to see how each saber looks in each photo.

I think there should be an official 'best picture' thread. This would encourage more pics from everyone (not that such encouragement is needed  ;)) and allow the experimentation of different cameras and settings. Perhaps a prize for the winner...? (like a hall of fame or something).

I can't wait for my Anakin to arrive so I can start taking photos with my crappy '3 in 1' digi cam that came with my pc. It only works in a really bright room so will probably be pretty useless  ;D

Offline Thomme

• No Force
  • My favorite... Aayla
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »
actually, to get the Vader more red, you need a longer exposure time, and often, a lower ISO will get you a longer exposure time.  Ya see, the ISO is the film speed that is simulated and a 100 speed film has more silver nitrate emulsion on it than a 400 or 800 spead film, so, it takes longer to develope and records more movement.  I've noticed that if I do a really long exposure on my vader, I get a red blade, but a shorter exposure gets an orange blade, so, when I take picture of my lightsabers, I tend to use a 100 speed ISO.

Let me put it this way: if you use the 100 speed, you get more of the picture than if you use the 800 speed, since it will absorb more light than the 800.

I'm a photo-dork  ::)
"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knigt, not as clumsy or random as a blaster.  An elegant weapon from a more civilized day.  For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the gaurdians of peace and justic in the old republic, before the dark times, before the Empire."
(==(=_(Anakin ROTS
(==(=!_/ Vader ESB

Offline Pfc Joker

• Force User
    • Tiny Puppy
Re: Vader ESB/Anakin ROTS pix & video! + Luke/Obi-Wan FX thin neck pix (doctored
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2005, 04:16:14 PM »
The best way to take pics of these sabers is to shoot in RAW mode if you have the option.  Then color correct and fine tune the image in either Photoshow or your camera makers free software.

I'm gonna do some long 30 second exposures with rear curtain sync tonight and see what they look like.  Should be interesting.
"Well, if there's a bright center in the universe, you're on the planet it's farthest from."

Offline LeatherWings

• Force User
  • This town needs an enema!
    • BATGband.com
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2005, 01:21:30 AM »
I've fallen in love with the colours your photos have produced,LeatherWings. The effect of the two sabers together is most impressive.
The beautiful thing about all the photos I've seen on this site is that no two blade colours seem the same which only adds to my enjoyment of the pics. Ok, mostly the difference is only slight but it is fascinating to see how each saber looks in each photo.

I think there should be an official 'best picture' thread. This would encourage more pics from everyone (not that such encouragement is needed  ;)) and allow the experimentation of different cameras and settings. Perhaps a prize for the winner...? (like a hall of fame or something).

I can't wait for my Anakin to arrive so I can start taking photos with my crappy '3 in 1' digi cam that came with my pc. It only works in a really bright room so will probably be pretty useless  ;D

Thanks Dark Fox, I must say that I myself was delightfully suprised with how well the pics of my Vader ESB turned out (No photoshopping or anything).  It's amazing how much time you spend messing around with an FX saber, digital camera, and tripod.

Offline PLO KOON

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2005, 05:18:04 AM »
The tripod is extremely useful... too bad I don't have one. I just put the camera on top of the piano or something ...

retrousse