fiduciary

Author Topic: MKVI- Auction Thread **Auction #3 2012 in 8th post**  (Read 23789 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
MKVI- Auction Thread **Auction #3 2012 in 8th post**
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
Auction #1

This is a bit of a psyche.  I have this saber 80% built and should finish it tonight.  I will post pictures here in this thread and it will indeed be that auction thread.  It is saber #28 (no significance).  It has PC-U and the winner chooses Hero or Novastar's Ep VI.  It has no crystal pommel (in other words, it is Canon).  I am willing to polish it if the winner so desires.  Many people have asked what the eventual "for sale" price will be for this hilt.  I am planning on around $900 minus a blade + shipping.  Chargers, as always are available if needed.

Now, why should you bid rather than wait to get on the list?  I dunno.  It is up to you.  You would get this one WAAAAAAY faster and for some that is worth a few more bucks.  The Auction saber includes a blade.  You will be amongst the first to get yours.  I will look just like the one I did for Nightstorm.  It can be seen here:  http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29775.msg411894#msg411894  It will most likely have NiMH rechargeable batteries (unless I can't fit them...then it will have Li-ion).

Can you start bidding now?  If you like.  

The starting bid should be $900 if you so choose to bid.

The Auction will run for 1 week starting now.

Feel free to post questions in this thread.

I promised that I would finish her tonight, and I have.  I settled on a 3.7V Li-ion battery solution.  The video has the lightmeat font since the winner will be choosing his/her font.  I also went ahead and gave her a basic polish.  This one, she is loud.  ;D

The Dirty Green Mat Time, lol:

Date Stamp:

The Hilt Pix:

Sold to Skykid for $1150
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:57:57 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: MKVI- Auction Thread **Auction #2 Vid & Pix in 2nd post**
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:23:14 PM »
This is Auction #2.  

Rules are the same as in the first post.  The specs are also the same.  This hilt has a small blemish (pictured).  If the winner so chooses, I will remove that piece and buff it out.  IMO it matters not, but that is for the new owner to decide.

Starting bid:  $900, blade included + shipping + charger if needed.  Winner picks which font he/she prefers.

This Auction will end on Sunday night at 9:00 PM PST

Please feel free to discuss if you are so compelled.

The blemish:

The Repaired box:

Sold to Juansith for $978
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:17:25 AM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: MKVI- Auction Thread **Auction #2 Vid & Pix in 2nd post**
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
This is Auction #3.  

Rules are the same as in the first post.  The specs are also the same with the exception that this one has a Luxeon Rebel.  Next to Caine's CF 4.31 powered P4 Green its brightness is the same to the eye.  I am including the very nice 100% custom machined emitter plug (pictured in pix #5) in this auction.  It is a new opaque style thast i made specifically for this hilt.
Starting bid:  $935, blade included + shipping + charger if needed.  Winner picks which font he/she prefers.  I have not included a video, but the previous videos are representative of this hilt.  The pictures here are of the hilt you are bidding on.  Enjoy.

This Auction will end on Friday night at 10:00 PM PST

Please feel free to discuss if you are so compelled.

Sold to Paul Toohey for $1042
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:32:18 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: MKVI- Auction Thread **Auction #3 Pix in 3rd post**
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »
SD Access tutorial and video of first saber with unlocked PC to leave my shop.  Enjoy Paul:

Offline SgtBatten

• Master Force User
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie
    • Hardcore Online Gaming
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »
can i ask a silly question.

what does the MK stand for?
Sarge

Please Note that I will generally be AFK from now on.
I'll remain in contact with people i have current dealings with to the best of my ability.

Sign me up for the Maul Please

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 11:21:51 PM »
can i ask a silly question.

what does the MK stand for?

It's an abbreviation for Mark, as in design version of a product or item. Often used in connection to cars eg' Lotus Mark 9 or Jaguar Mark 2, weapons eg' SR-25 Mk 11 Sniper Weapon System or United States Navy Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle. In the UK the numerical designation often takes the form of roman numerals eg' Jaguar Mark IV.
Beware the Mark of the Gungan! :o

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 07:35:33 PM »
MKVI V2 --Auction #1 (2012)

This is the first of the Auction sabers that I will produce over the next few months.  It is a MKVI that Judge did the weathering on.   It is the first MKVI to sport the PCv2.0 aka the baby CF.  With the upgraded board now able to adequately handle the 2W speaker, this saber feels as though it has a rumble motor (although it does not).    The person who wins this saber at auction will need to purchase Madcow's "Hero" font at saberfont.com or the saber will come with lightmeat installed.

The Starting bid will be $965 + shipping (blade included, charger available if needed for $28)

All bids should be placed at the following link (I will be running the Auction on my Blog):  http://www.ldmcustomsabers.com/apps/blog/show/14284286-first-mkvi-auction-begins-now-

The Particulars:
MKVI hilt #55
V2 weathering by JudgeSabersmith
Petit Crouton v2.0 with Madcow's Hero font
TCSS 2W Speaker (protected)
Machined Resonance
Crystal Pommel
7.4V Li-ion with recharge/kill in pommel
Easy spin pommel insert
9W RGB (Green blade and Blue FoC)
Touch Plate Activation
Pastor Jedi Greeblies
LDM Cone knob
Mylar strip on replica Graflex clamp

The BMT:

The Glams:

FoC:

The build pix will be made available to the Auction bidders at their request.

SOLD to Scottjua for $1800
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:55:24 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: MKVI- Auction Thread **Auction #2 2012 Pix in 10th post**
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »
MKVI "Hero Version" - Auction Saber #2 for 2012

The album will be available to all bidders on request.

Starting bid is $1625 (paypal fee included) + Shipping

***A 7/8" blade is included (charger not included, but available).  

**If the Auction goes over $2000 I will pay the font makers for you, if not it will be the winner's responsibility to provide me with proof of purchase from saberfont.com.  

***The Auction starts now and ends at 10PM PST Wednesday May 9th, 2012.  

**Post bids in this thread.

***Please feel free to post questions/comments here as well.  Auction rules are listed below.

I just went ahead and copied the whole post to this auction thread for your convenience:

This saber was built for the second saber auction this year.  Surprise!  Touch Plate Activation in the house...errr...saber.  This is the "decked-out" version of this saber (with the exception of a Crystal Pommel).  I won't belabor the details, but suffice to say that Touch Plate Activation is a SERIOUS PITA and I'm not sure that I will do it on the next Auction saber(s), especially since it added 3 hours to my build time.  I will get the Auction up soon, but expect that it will run until Wed night most likely.  I will be starting it at the exact price I would charge for this saber as a commission.

Particulars:
MKVI #35 w/machined resonance
CFv5.10 with:
Echos of Tython, Crucible & JK2- Outcast by Nightstorm
Fates & Hero by Madcow
The Duelist by Sekrogue1985
LEDEngin RGGB (GG main, R & B for FoC) driven @2A
Touch Plate Activation (tm)
7.4V (14670 Li-ion)
Easy Turn Pommel (tm) for SD access
2W speaker w/Steel Mesh protective grill

The BMT:

The Glams:

Album:  will be available to all bidders

This auction will be conducted using the "Wat Rules" (listed below):

With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x.  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the (for example) 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid.  

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM PST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, re-post if necessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, re-posting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not eBay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible.  

SOLD to Sidewinder for $2600
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:56:03 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: MKVI- Auction Thread **Auction #2 2012 Pix in 10th post**
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »
There will be at least one more auction to come.  I have decided that it will be a touch plate saber...CFv5 or PCv2.  Most likely CFv5.10.

BTW, I have split the auction festivities off and they are now in my section.  Anyone who wants to continue the revelry please have fun ;)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: MKVI- Auction Thread **Auction #3 2012 in 8th post**
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 08:58:36 PM »
Auction #3 - 2012

MKVI "Hero Version" - Auction Saber #3 for 2012

The album will be available to all bidders on request.

Starting bid is $1950 (paypal fee included) + Shipping

***A 7/8" blade is included (charger not included, but available).  

**If the Auction goes over $2250 I will pay the font makers for you, if not it will be the winner's responsibility to provide me with proof of purchase from saberfont.com.  

***The Auction starts now and ends at 6:00 PM PST Sunday May 19th, 2012.  

**Post bids in this thread.

***Please feel free to post questions/comments here as well.  Auction rules are listed below.

This saber was built for the third saber auction this year.  Surprise!  Touch Plate Activation is back.  This is the "decked-out" Hero version of this saber (with the exception of a Crystal Pommel).  The thing that makes this saber unique (and better!) is that the Touch Plate Activation is now handled by a GORGEOUS 100% genuine copper card! ;D ;D ;D  I will get the Auction pictures up soon (by tomorrow afternoon).

Particulars:
MKVI #7 w/machined resonance
CFv5.10 with:
Echos of Tython, Crucible & JK2- Outcast by Nightstorm
Fates & Hero by Madcow
The Duelist by Sekrogue1985
LEDEngin RGGB (GG main, B for FoC) driven @2A
REAL COPPER Touch Plate Activation (tm)
7.4V (14670 Li-ion)
Easy Turn Pommel (tm) for SD access
2W speaker w/Steel Mesh protective grill

The BMT:

The Glams:

FoC:

This auction will be conducted using the "Wat Rules" (listed below):

With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x.  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the (for example) 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid.  

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM PST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, re-post if necessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, re-posting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not eBay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible.  

SOLD to Scruffy for $2000

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:45:06 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

retrousse