fiduciary

Author Topic: Ven Zallow "Axis" Lightsaber: Official run thread now open  (Read 28158 times)

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
Ven Zallow "Axis" Lightsaber: Official run thread now open
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »

As the title states, this is the official run thread.  This run will be limited to 11 hand machined lightsabers all with slight weathering.  These will all be done by hand and as such, slight variances may be noticed between each saber.  Saber will be based off of the SWTOR "deceived" trailer and empties will be conversion friendly; lathed, milled, drilled and ready to be filled....with electronics :D  An install description will be provided for those chosing an empty option. 

It is first come first serve.  When posting, please indicate "serious" or something else like that so I know you are for realz.  Questions and comments are welcomed and all updates will be made to this post.  Once you express your interest you will be contacted via PM for deposit arrangements and confirmation for the official run and your name listed in red below.  Once the deposit is paid your name will be changed to green below and your spot secured.  Design and machining has already commenced and this is currently underway.

It is being machined to specifically utilize the tri-rebel led and optics, and will be able to hold a wide assortment of soundboards and batteries and speakers in various configurations and setups.  Construction will be out of modified TCSS parts, custom aluminum and brass parts, and will have powdercoated sections.  It will unscrew at the emitter and at the upper grip section, and the pommel will be removeable.  There will be a hinged compartment door that can be utilized for easy board access, recharge port/R.I.C.E access, or for a reveal of some sort on the middle can as well as 2 5mm accent led holes pre-drilled.  The can's door will be held in place via 2 neodymium magnets.  The control box will be able to house the switches and will come with a modified Natural Card.  Emitter will hold a 1" blade and the pommel will be able to hold any TCSS pommel inserts.  A GUILD member will be providing quality control, ensuring all sabers and parts are on par with the expected excellence of FX-Sabers hosted runs.  Some parts ready for milling:

completed prototype pics

Here are the options available (shipping not included):

Option 1:  Completed and assembled empty saber, ready for display or conversion. .  $400

Option 2:  Completed and assembled saber with tri-rebel led and optics, 7.4v li-on rechargeable pack w/recharge port, 2w speaker, FoC, and a PCv2.0.  $900

Option 3:  Completed and assembled saber with tri-rebel led and optics, 7.4v li-on rechargeable pack w/recharge port, 2w speaker, FoC, a CFv6 and color extender.  $1225

Option 4:  Completed and assembled saber with tri-rebel led and optics, 7.4v li-on rechargeable pack w/recharge port, 2w speaker, a flash for the clashes, and Igniter R3.  $1200

A non-refundable deposit of your selected option will be required to secure your spot ($200 for an empty, $400 for a PC equipped, $500 for a CFv6 or Igniter R3).   A second payment for installed options will be due within 30 days of your saber being completed ($200 for PC, $300 for CF/Igniter options) Final payment will be due upon sabers completions prior to shipping.

Installs will be completed by Calvary Custom Sabers as well as by Saberhead Conversions

Please indicate whether you want a hole tapped and drilled in the lower grip section for a ct wheel, as well as if you want the recharge port located behind the hinged door inside the can, or opposite the ct wheel in the grip, or in the pommel.  2 5mm red and green accent leds for the cans will be installed in options 2-4, and just the led's provided for any empties. 

a R.I.C.E. port can be added to your option at an additional cost of $30.  Please indicate this with your option, as well as it's placement if you want this added.  Placement could be in the grip opposite the CT wheel, in the pommel, or in the center can. 

Deposits will be due by February 1st   with completion dates projected during March.  Each unit will come with a custom black acrylic lightsaber stand as well as a custom blade plug.  A complete Old Republic soundfont package courtesy of Mace Windu will be provided for each installed saber.

OFFICIAL RUN LIST
1 Aginor----option 3--R.I.C.E. option, CC, both ports in pommel--DEPOSIT PAID, +2nd
2 IndustrialAction----option 1--lefthanded custom, CC, ct hole--DEPOSIT PAID, +2nd
3 ag3nt4877----option 1--ct hole--DEPOSIT PAID
4 Darth Maul----Option 2--ct hole, R.I.C.E. option, cln, both ports in can--DEPOSIT PAID, +2nd
5 iamdrake----option 1--ct hole--PAID IN FULL
6 Ladyhawke----option 1--ct hole--PAID IN FULL
7 Zerospeed----option 1--ct hole--custom send-in request, CC--PAID IN FULL
8 Kel Arden----option 2--ct hole, R.I.C.E. option, CC, both ports in pommel----DEPOSIT PAID, +2nd
9 Naffet159----Option 1, ct hole, recharge port opposite ct hole----PAID IN FULL
10 non-fx contact----Option 1, lefthanded, ct hole--PAID IN FULL
11 jedicri----option 3, R.I.C.E option, cln, CC, both ports in pommel----DEPOSIT PAID, +2nd
WAITING LIST---Should anybody decide prior to the completion of the run they want to back out, please utilize this waiting list for a replacement prior to offering any spot.

1) Tham-Sai

PROGRESS PICS 2/16/13

As promised, heres some progress pics.  So far, that little do-dad that attaches to the emitter has been the most time-consuming with all it's seperate components  :D

3/2 UPDATE!

The new powder came in and is a much better match.  I has a happy with this.  BH's polished and ready for PC'ing!

Tapped off and ready for powder

application

baking!

some trans-gold parts done

Center Can sections

more brass grip sections ready for clean-up

checking the black on the brass

STANDS:

Test Fits and Assemblies:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:49:13 AM by KIT FISTO »
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
Re: Ven Zallow "Axis" Lightsaber: Official run thread now open
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:22:26 PM »
Looks great! Put me down for option 3 serious

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:26:14 PM »
I'm in for the empty we discussed

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
What's the hilt's length?

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 09:37:21 PM »
What's the hilt's length?

From the bottom edge of the pommel to the centerpoint of the emitter shroud the saber is approximately 14.5" long.   :)
Support our Font Makers!

Offline ag3nt4877

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 10:51:11 PM »
I'll take option 1 (empty) serious ... I will select hole placement later

Update: I would like a hole tapped and drilled in the lower grip section for a ct wheel. I would like to place recharge and RICE port in pommel, but I assume this had no barring on an empty hilt
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:22:27 AM by ag3nt4877 »

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 11:19:15 PM »
Option 2 - CT wheel, Recharge & RICE ports in the can.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 03:20:24 AM »
hey man thanks for offering empties as an option
this gives people the chance who cant quite afford a full blown saber the oppertunity to own one and the self installers among us

nice 1

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline iamdrake

• Force User
  • What the heck is an aluminum falcon?
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 04:21:56 AM »
Option 1 - I am dead serious, for REALZ!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline ag3nt4877

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 06:28:17 AM »
deposit sent! .. option in original post updated
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:34:41 AM by ag3nt4877 »

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »
hey man thanks for offering empties as an option
this gives people the chance who cant quite afford a full blown saber the oppertunity to own one and the self installers among us

nice 1

Thanks Scorpion  :)  Original post updated with those serious inquires marked down in red, and all pm's have been responded to!
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Ladyhawke

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 09:56:25 AM »
In for option 1 serious!

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 11:01:12 AM »
Updated post and replied to everybody, 4 spot left!   :)
Support our Font Makers!

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »
I am thrilled and excited to be able to provide installs for these hilts. This is a great opportunity to get a quality machined hilt :D

The Axis is a great design and has been executed beautifully here. If you are on the fence, hop on over and sign up.  8)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Veldryne_Drakx

• Experienced Force User
    • River City Jedi (site still under construction)
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 01:43:53 PM »
its a great design, really wishing i could justify to myself getting one of these, one of my favourite hilts really

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

retrousse