fiduciary

Author Topic: alliance saber discusion thread  (Read 17238 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: alliance saber discusion thread
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 03:17:06 AM »
Indeed you make excellent points Barriss and Jedi Yar Nala and knowing the quality of Ace's work this will be a fantastic saber and one not to be missed...I will add myself to the interest list and have Hope and Faith that I will find a way to fit it into mt meagre budget somehow.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline tullfan81

• Force User
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 07:01:16 AM »
I've still got a question about the whole "tsuka" and sleve thing...will the sleeve be cut-out like the render no matter what our choice on the faux "tsuka" ?  I'm not a ig fan of that bit of the saber, but everything else I love, if I could get a smooth surface instead of the tsuka pattern I could PC that area and still have the awesome cut-out to go over it...

Amiright? or amiwrong?

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 07:05:51 AM »
FX-Sabers is an open forum.  All members are able to participate in runs.   No one is excluded.

Offline Scars Unseen

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 07:14:58 AM »
I've still got a question about the whole "tsuka" and sleve thing...will the sleeve be cut-out like the render no matter what our choice on the faux "tsuka" ?  I'm not a ig fan of that bit of the saber, but everything else I love, if I could get a smooth surface instead of the tsuka pattern I could PC that area and still have the awesome cut-out to go over it...

Amiright? or amiwrong?

Faux 'tsuka' shroud - with the rendered pattern or without any pattern.  Ace will not make custom patterns.  "As rendered" option would have the diamond cutouts and grooves to simulate a faux Tsuka pattern.  Not rendered would be just a smooth sleeve.  The not rendered option is in case an advanced builder chooses to cut their own pattern in the middle shroud instead of the diamond pattern.  All sabers will come with a sleeve regardless of whether you will ultimately choose to have leather or not.  Unless you plan on cutting your own shroud pattern, then Ace suggests the "as rendered" option.

Offline tullfan81

• Force User
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 08:24:29 AM »

Amiright? or amiwrong?

Faux 'tsuka' shroud - with the rendered pattern or without any pattern.  Ace will not make custom patterns.  "As rendered" option would have the diamond cutouts and grooves to simulate a faux Tsuka pattern.  Not rendered would be just a smooth sleeve.  The not rendered option is in case an advanced builder chooses to cut their own pattern in the middle shroud instead of the diamond pattern.  All sabers will come with a sleeve regardless of whether you will ultimately choose to have leather or not.  Unless you plan on cutting your own shroud pattern, then Ace suggests the "as rendered" option.

yeah...i read that...I guess my confusion stems from the use of certain terms almost interchangeably...There is a tube (the main body of the hilt) that tube has a pattern cut (or not) onto it.  then there is a sleeve (the bit with the cut outs and a place for the strip and switch hole) that is placed over the tube.  Is this sleeve going to have the cut outs on it if I choose to not have the pattern cut into the tube?

Offline Scars Unseen

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 08:36:05 AM »
There is only one part that has a tsuka pattern cut into it.  As an option, you can choose not to have any pattern at all cut into it.  If you choose that option, there will be no parts on your hilt that will have a tsuka pattern cut into it.  From the interest thread:

Acerocket will supply the following parts with each saber:
Aluminum parts:  pommel, Mara Jade grip section, covertech knob, inner core section (emitter to MJ section), 'tsuka' pattern shroud, outer shroud, threaded spacer for inner core, bling strip, Anti Vandal bezel ring, optic holder housing, heatsink for optic holder housing, and 2 discs for the crystal chassis kit.
Delrin parts:  speaker holder/spacer part.
4 brass tube lengths for crystal chassis kit.
Screws for MJ section, covertech knob, bling strip, crystal chassis kit, blade set screw, optics holder mounting screw and crystal chamber mounting screw.
Plastic LED bezel for crystal chassis kit.
3 carbon fiber strips.
Anti Vandal switch (short ones)

The bolded section is the part in question.  Nothing else has a tsuka pattern.

Offline tullfan81

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 09:37:24 AM »
got it...should have read that part a bit more carefully.  thanks

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 01:58:02 PM »
I do hope enough people submit interest to get a run going, which too me was the entire point of the contest.  I just overcommitment funds for several sabers in production.  I  Still need to find money to pay for the korbanth run happening latter, paid deposit, but need to come up with the last payment.  I was so excited about the winner and I feel dissapointed with myself that I won't be able to commit the funds to get involved.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 07:36:58 PM »
*patpats*

Perhaps there'll be another run of this in the future? Who knows? :)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 08:02:38 PM »
There will not be another run in the future.  There will only be one run.  If you want in on this saber then you need to pick one up in this run. 

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 08:07:23 PM »
As Acerocket has said...

The next saber like this  (MAYBE) would be the next alliance saber in next year's contest (IF Acerocket decides to do it).

....which makes this and even MORE rare saber to get in the future... a Limited Edition Acerocket special saber, that is open to ALL members and not just a select, invited few individuals :)

At this price... just a bit more than the Korbanth run... done BY us here on Fx-Sabers, FOR us here in this forum, and voted BY us.... I think this is a VERY special run...and not just because I designed it.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »
My bad. Thanks for correcting me. :) There will likely be another alliance saber run, just not with this particular design.

Offline Scars Unseen

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »
My bad. Thanks for correcting me. :) There will likely be another alliance saber run, just not with this particular design.

Well I imagine that may depend on the success of this run.  Some people went to a lot of trouble to set this contest up.  On top of that acerocket took the time to help take JYN's design from an artistic render to an engineered product.  If only a few people end up jumping on this, the people that started this contest may decide that it's not worth the trouble to do it again.  The safest thing to assume is that this is it.  You take advantage of this opportunity to take part in a limited run for a very well designed saber (with options, even!) or you don't. 

Obviously not everyone who wants one of these is going to be in a financially viable position to put the money down.  We all have that real life thing that interferes with what we want now and again.  But if you're sitting on the sidelines thinking "maybe next time,"  keep in mind that if everyone else does the same, there may not be a next time.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 11:17:22 PM »
As a 'po boy' I'm as sensitive to the intrusions and interference of Darth Real Life as anyone but a chance for an ordinary saberfan to get a complete Acerocket made saber hilt doesn't come along often and when one looks at this design it has just about every "high end" custom feature one can think of: custom multilayer shrouds, crystal chamber, illuminated switch, blinkies, fancy grip, covertec recharge port...even a Blingstrip...at a truly bargain price

This is an extraordinary opportunity...anyone who has can find/beg/borrow or [if Dark Sider] steal the $ should not hesitate but jump on it ASAP...these will inevitably become highly sought after Masterpieces of the sabermakers art and will be Elite DeLuxe centerpieces of any saber collection for the fortunate few...and we all have the opportunity to join in...it's really a no brainer when one thinks it through.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:24:10 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 05:01:23 AM »
Agreed, Scars and Kanomi. We all have our priorities. ^^; Alas, I will regretfully and politely need to pass up this rare opportunity to attend to commitments.

retrousse