fiduciary

Author Topic: Caine's 2013 Series II MKVI Luke ROTJ V2  (Read 6980 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Caine's 2013 Series II MKVI Luke ROTJ V2
« on: September 19, 2013, 12:13:58 PM »
Oreos and milk…peanut butter and jelly…pizza and beer…Caine and V2’s. They just seem to go hand in hand, right? Well here is another one, this time straight from the workshop of GENERAL GREIVOUS and WAT TAMBOR. This is from the new run of MKVI’s, and is from the group that was specifically made as V2’s.

The last batch of MKVI’s were exclusively made to be Hero sabers, so the dimensions were a little off for a V2. It required some add-ones and mods here and there.  These are not the case…larger section toward the pommel: Check. Fillister screw: Check. Aluminum neck (standard for the V2): Check. Modded neck area with larger lip: Check.

Weathered outstanding, and internally featuring a Crystal Shard with a Tri-Cree RGB for a vibrant green blade with a blue FoC (looks almost cyan). This saber is also very loud, with crystal clear sound as the Shard does so well.
I purchased one of Slothfurnace’s circuit cards for this, and that coupled with the accurate curved lever (this one was by Darkside Customs that I previously had) it just completes the accuracy.

It truly is the perfect V2….thin necked…fully duelable…with loud, crystal clear Plecterlabs sound running Madcow’s Hero font… What more could I want? Thanks again GENERAL and WAT for once again, bringing a superior product.

Vid
MKVI V2 with Crystal Shard - YouTube

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Caine's 2013 Series II MKVI Luke ROTJ V2
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »
really a must have, beautiful piece in your collection !

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 06:26:48 AM »
Caine, you lucky dog you!  This is one heckuva beautiful saber!  And the extra circuit card and lever make this even sweeter.
I've been drooling over pics of the past MKVI V2s for a couple months now ... definitely hoping to get in on the next run of these.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
Great video review Caine. I can't get over the improved resonance on this thing! Must be the loudest GG/Orbital Luke I have heard! With a .65" neck, you have no qualms dueling with her?

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 08:40:58 AM »
was never a massive fan of v2s but now i see an accurate one im starting to change my mind....
i also hope to get one from a possible 2nd run...

man that things loud, very awesome.. the accurate ones always get my attention

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:20 AM »
That's really a nice lightsaber!! ;)

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 10:07:37 AM »
Dude, very nice! After seeing your V3 MKVI at WonderCon, I've truly had an even greater appreciation for its scale, PLUS the fact that it houses electronics. That is indeed the perfect V2. Very sweet. I have a question, though. Although it's hard to tell from the pics, on partsofsw.com it does look like the V2 has the same circuit card as the ESB Graflex, but I've seen it with the 7 trace circuit card as well, like in the MR LE version. What's the story behind that? Were there "sub-versions", as it were, even under the umbrella of "V2"? Just when I thought I had the story of the ROTJ Luke straight... :P

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:09:29 AM by Master Valon »
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »
Dude, very nice! After seeing your V3 MKVI at WonderCon, I've truly had an even greater appreciation for its scale, PLUS the fact that it houses electronics. That is indeed the perfect V2. Very sweet. I have a question, though. Although it's hard to tell from the pics, on partsofsw.com it does look like the V2 has the same circuit card as the ESB Graflex, but I've seen it with the 7 trace circuit card as well, like in the MR LE version. What's the story behind that? Were there "sub-versions", as it were, even under the umbrella of "V2"? Just when I thought I had the story of the ROTJ Luke straight... :P

The 7 trace card was only done on the MR EE edition promo pics, with the lever pointing toward the emitter.

However, this was not publicly released, as every other MR V2 had the circuit card and lever pointing down.

The V3 however, had the 8 trace card (screen used prop) so maybe MR was trying to be congruent with that at first before they went back to the circuit card?

I am not sure why MR had that 7 trace card, as it was never an on screen thing. I think that either V2 would be considered accurate though, depending on what you say..."screen" accurate, "prop" accurate, "MR EE" accurate, lol.

Of course the Yuma (my other MKVI) had neither one of these...but that is a different thread.  ;D

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
Wow, that's really interesting. Thanks for sharing! I never knew that about the 7 trace. I'd definitely agree with the decision to go 13 trace, then. Screen accurate in every sense of the word! :)
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »
Very educational Caine... *bows*
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 11:38:01 AM »
Wow, that's really interesting. Thanks for sharing! I never knew that about the 7 trace. I'd definitely agree with the decision to go 13 trace, then. Screen accurate in every sense of the word! :)

My original V2 was the first to have that PJ 7 trace card. Most V2's after started having them after that point, as most V2's prior only had the circuit card (some people used the TCSS black ones, some used natural).

I think its all a matter of personal preference. NONE of our sabers are 100% accurate, just have those accurate elements. It's another thing that makes our prop replicas unique pieces of their own.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 10:25:23 PM »
Caine, you lucky dog you!  This is one heckuva beautiful saber!  And the extra circuit card and lever make this even sweeter.
I've been drooling over pics of the past MKVI V2s for a couple months now ... definitely hoping to get in on the next run of these.

At this point, there will not be a "next" run.  I have them in hand now and once they are gone, they are gone.  There are simply too many people producing cheap knock-offs of the MKVI now.  To the uneducated eye they all look the 'same' and I simply do not have the fight left in me to defend the product that I brought to life.  So, if people want them they had better get with me before they are gone because I will not be selling my own saber this time, lol.  Seriously.

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 11:08:38 PM »

At this point, there will not be a "next" run.  I have them in hand now and once they are gone, they are gone.  There are simply too many people producing cheap knock-offs of the MKVI now.  To the uneducated eye they all look the 'same'...

Ugh. So true.

Glad I got this one in the bag...no other ones can come even close to it's quality. I will be quite vocal on that if need be.  >:D

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 10:20:19 AM »

At this point, there will not be a "next" run.  I have them in hand now and once they are gone, they are gone.  There are simply too many people producing cheap knock-offs of the MKVI now.  To the uneducated eye they all look the 'same' and I simply do not have the fight left in me to defend the product that I brought to life.  So, if people want them they had better get with me before they are gone because I will not be selling my own saber this time, lol.  Seriously.

I haz a sad...  :'(

PM sent General.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »
are ther some available? i assumed they were all spoken for

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4