fiduciary

Author Topic: 2006 Clone Trooper Helmet Limited Edition - Review and Pics  (Read 10472 times)

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
2006 Clone Trooper Helmet Limited Edition - Review and Pics
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
*Click on Pictures for Larger Images*

“Yes sir. Right away, sir.”
 - Clone Trooper, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

With that statement you instantly know what being a Clone Trooper is all about.  Taking orders unflinchingly from their commanding officers.
Brought into existence by masterful cloners and using the DNA of the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy, The Clone Trooper became the universe’s greatest asset and deadliest liability.
Now, brought into our existence by the craftsmen of Master Replicas, we as fans can become part of that feared Clone Infantry with the Standard Issue Clone Trooper helmet as seen in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith!

As with the nondescript Clone Trooper Infantry, you will receive quite possibly the most nondescript Master Replicas Shipping box.  The only thing on the outside that distinguishes the box from any other is the designation: SW-144.   
Once you open up that plain shipper you will find an elegant box for a more civilized time.  Matte Black finish with glossy Black and Red embossing. Once you break inside the ominouse box you will find the standard styrofoam custom protection for you iconic replica.   Carefully wrapped in foam paper the Clone Trooper Helm glares at you as you remove the top cover.

Once you remove the helmet from the packing material it can be set up in a matter of minutes.  Just have to attach the padding insert to its Velcro home spot and you are ready to go.

The Clone Trooper Limited Edition Helmet Replica

Much larger that I had imagined, the Clone Trooper Helmet is indeed a perfect replica of what was seen onscreen in Revenge of the Sith.  What I never realized are the small details that this helmet has that you would never see on the computer generated versions on screen.

The back grill section done in black may just seem like it is just one finish, but upon closer inspection you will see the majority of the grill done in matte black with glossy black vertical lines running the length.

To the front of the helmet you will see the first step in evolution with the “frown” on the helmet which progressed from the “Attack of the Clones” version.  Now with Two speakers with simulated speaker grills along with minute “greebly” detailing.
Also, the detailing of the nose is excellent.  Deep within the recesses of the opening is a mesh grill that is just another one of those small details that makes this helmet superb!

The details aren’t left off on the side of the helmet.  The “audio pickups” are detailed in two-tone paint of gray and black.  The paint application is so exact that it almost looks like they could actually function to enhance sounds when you place the helmet on your head.

Speaking of placing the helmet on your head....which you can, AND WILL DO!  The helmet comes completely custom lined with padding and black “athletic” fabric.  Just looking at the work taken to make the liner will have you appreciating this helmet on a different level.

Also noticed is the fact that MR added a tag to the liner to state the copyright information rather than having it stamped anywhere on the exterior of the helmet.

Once you have the helmet on you an easily see through the tinted lens which is as good as the high-end sunglasses.  The helmet sits comfortably on your head and allows for a bit of play when you move your head back and forth.  Since this was not meant to be a costume piece and just a replica, just having the ability to wear it is a bonus.

The Gloss White Finish of the paint is unrivaled.  Smooth and glassy in appearance it makes it almost a crime to think that so many Clone Troopers had to take these into battle causing wear and tear to such a work of art.

Each Clone Trooper comes with a “standard issue” Edition Size plaque.  This being one of the very few limited edition replicas released by Master Replicas which were not individually numbered.

The Certificate of Authenticity*

CLONE TROOPER HELMET
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith

As the Clone Wars race inexorably toward their tumultuous conclusion, Jedi Knights fighting alongside battalions of Clone troopers are spread throughout the galaxy engaging the droid armies of General Grievous and the Separatists.

Clone troopers sport a multitude of insignia from the generic white trooper to the colored special unit divisions.  Anakin Skywalker’s Special Ops Troopers, identified by a unique bright blue stripe emblazoned on their helmets and chest plates, follow their dashing commander in his many heroic feats.  Even Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has his own regiment - the fearsome Imperial Shock Troopers.  Bold red stripes across their helmets, clearly identify them as the ultimate strata in the Republic’s cloned forces.

However this army of the Republic was created under mysterious circumstances - called into existence by a shadowy puppet master.  And now, as the wars reach their devastating climax, this devious, dark force manipulates his pawns and makes his grand move.  As the pieces of the unsolved puzzle shockingly fall into place the Jedi finally learn the true nature of the clones...

To create our Clone trooper helmet replica, Master Replicas was provided with the original ILM digital character files.  From these we generated a 3D model to use as a master pattern to create accurate molds from which we produce out helmets in high quality fiberglass.  Since we used original computer renders, you can be assured that our Clone trooper helmet is an exact replica, accurately repeating the multitude of subtle shapes and curves that make up this incredible piece of armor that bridges the gap between the Clone trooper forces of the prequels and the Stormtroopers of the classic trilogy.

We at Master Replicas are proud to release the Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Clone Trooper helmet as the premiere piece in our new line of high end costume recreations.  We hope you enjoy this newest addition to our ever-expanding line of incredible Star Wars replicas.

*The COA included with the helmet is one that is included with three of the different Clone Helmets: Clone Trooper, Shock Trooper and Special Ops Trooper.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
Re: 2006 Clone Trooper Helmet Limited Edition - Review and Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:05:43 PM »
Very nice review!

Looks like someone has been making use of the MR recent sales....

=)

One of these days I need to pick up a bucket for myself!

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »
 :o So very Cool! I wonder if the lenses fog up? ;) Great review! I wish I could afford one myself

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 08:22:46 PM »
Excellent review anakin.  I just opened mine today but unfortuanetly I can't wear it on my head!  :'(  The front of the helmet just gets stuck on the very tip of my nose.  I could force my head in but would have a heck of a time getting it out lol.  Everyone else in my family was able to fit it on, and of course they mocked me cause I'm the big star wars fan and can't even try it on  :D

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:19:40 PM »
Excellent review anakin.  I just opened mine today but unfortuanetly I can't wear it on my head!  :'(  The front of the helmet just gets stuck on the very tip of my nose.  I could force my head in but would have a heck of a time getting it out lol.  Everyone else in my family was able to fit it on, and of course they mocked me cause I'm the big star wars fan and can't even try it on  :D

Thanks guys~!
Yes, I have been making use of the MR discounts.  How could I pass them up?!

Have you tried putting it on at different angles?

I know that if I angle the top of the helmet back some and then bring it down at that same angle that it goes over my nose more easily.   Kinda like putting it on if it was a baseball cap.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »
I tried and was able to get it over my head, however I didn't put it on all the way in fear of being a clone trooper forever  :D

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 09:33:31 PM »
I already had one when MR announced the discount code.    :-\

so I got another to keep sealed in the box (heh).  :-*

"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

retrousse