fiduciary

Author Topic: Tips on More Accurate Clashes? - Prizm v5.1  (Read 1426 times)

Offline TylerSD

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Tips on More Accurate Clashes? - Prizm v5.1
« on: March 14, 2018, 02:58:18 AM »
Hey guys, just wondering if you guys have any advice for getting more accurate clashes. I finished my build the other day and I've been trying to tweak the settings to where I like them. The swings seem to be alright; however, I keep getting a few random clashes fairly often when I go to do a simple swing. When I do this I don't jerk the saber at all so I don't see how a clash is activated. I'm using some double sided acrylic tape to hold the board down. Could that be the problem? Also, I let the saber fully charge and it still happened. Any help is greatly appreciated. Just looking for some experience here as I'm assuming this is a fairly common problem.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:24:58 PM by TylerSD »

Offline deviltronix

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Tips on More Accurate Clashes? - Prizm v5.1
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:26:38 AM »
Two things I can think of,  immediately, are securing the chassis and make sure the pommel isn't touching the speaker (this happens on my saberforge hilt..If I allow it, pommel "pushes" the chassis in as it is screwed in will be touching the ring around the speaker.

Offline bill_fimm

• Padawan Learner
  • Homer...Use the forks...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 03:35:54 PM »
You could try increasing the hclash setting in your override file. It comes default at 550 I think. Try increasing it to 650 or 700. If it takes too much to trigger a clash, bring it back down little by little.

Offline Darth Bohn

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 10:26:48 PM »
So the hire the number, the less the clashes will be activated? I am also having the same issue. This being my first Prizm install on a 89 sabers Windu. I read through the manual, I would like my swings to be a little more sensitive and the clashes to be less sensitive. Right now I am getting clashes on basic swings. I will try securing the board in the Goth chassis a little better as well.

Offline Kreyhn

• No Force
  • BZZSHZRRMMmmmmm...
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 08:17:51 AM »
Yes, the higher the clash threshold, the harder it is to trigger a clash sound.  Same with swing sounds.  The higher you set a threshold parameter, the more effort/force it takes to meet that threshold.  Thus this creates a less sensitive saber.  I ran into trouble with this on a recent build.  I could not calibrate the swing properly.  It would either swing out of control and without me moving the saber, or hardly swing at all.  Sometimes it depended on the day rather than the soundboard settings.

retrousse