fiduciary

Author Topic: 89 Sabers....  (Read 3017 times)

Offline LuxKota

• Padawan Learner
89 Sabers....
« on: February 20, 2018, 04:37:14 PM »
I made a purchase from this company a few weeks ago... I still haven't heard anything back from anyone in the company. I sent several e-mails. Should I wait a bit longer before I dispute the transaction on paypal, or is this normal for this company?

Thank you!

Offline oswaldkefo

• Force User
  • aka MandaloreLives
Re: 89 Sabers....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »
I bought a Sid from them in october, and there hasnt been any activity. Some of the products are being machined still, even though it may say in stock on the website. Plus its China based, so if youre in the US like me it takes awhile to ship anyway.

Before you dispute the claim, Id recommend hitting them up on the 89sabers facebook page. They post product updates and you can also contact Peter Zhang through there. He has answered some of my questions through PM.

Hope this helps

I came here to conquer the galaxy and drink milk...and I've finished my milk.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 04:44:08 PM »
I’ve heard that others have had communications issues as well. I’m not sure what to tell you here. I’ve heard some people have received their hilts.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 04:57:04 PM »
I ordered a Mace from him and received it within about 3 months.  I was worried about the status of the Sidious I purchased from Peter/89 Sabers so I contacted him on Facebook to get status. I spoke to him a few times last week and he told me to not worry that it would be sent and that he would get back to me after the Chinese New Year.

The communication is lacking, but the product is fantastic and not that long of a wait considering that most other runs are considerably longer.

I would reach out to him on Facebook on his personal account, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it.  I’ve never heard of anyone not getting their hilt.

Offline LuxKota

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »
Thank you for the reply guys. I'll wait!

Offline SA22C

• No Force
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 05:18:46 PM »
I ordered a stamped graflex clamp and short bunny ears to spruce up my Graflex 2.0 and it was a bit of an ordeal.  I get the impression that he's just overwhelmed with orders and hasn't devised a good system to keep up with it all.

The quality of the parts were great, but the communication and shipping times were terrible.  It's a shame, since his kit is probably the best bang-for-your-buck value but it seems like it's hit or miss if you get it or not.

Offline LuxKota

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:22:04 PM »
It seems that it would be in his best interest to have something on his website informing that he's currently on vacation! But, honestly, I've heard nothing but good things about his products.

Offline Maverick Hunter

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 07:26:54 PM »
Peter Zhang of 89sabers is a good guy and it's best to contact his personal facebook page as he always responds to me there. His hilts are the best I've ever seen in this hobby as they are basically clones of the master replicas limited editions. Also, you can't beat his prices. I received a Mace Windu and Qui Gon from him in early January after waiting about 3 months. I'm still waiting on a Darth Sidious and don't expect to receive that until after Chinese new year. I will admit that he claims to ship your package when in fact he hasn't. For example he'll give you tracking numbers but they won't work until weeks later when he's actually shipped them, I believe he does this to try and calm down the impatient buyer but really it only serves to frustrate you more. I wish he would stop doing that, but with that said he WILL deliver and you will be extremely pleased with your hilts. Patience

Offline LuxKota

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 11:25:42 PM »
Thanks guys! I feel much better about my purchase, I don’t mind the wait.

Offline falconfour4

• No Force
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 08:05:53 AM »
I have ordered from them in the past.  They do tae a while and communication is an issue but you will get it in the end. Worth the wait.

Offline LuxKota

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 08:14:14 PM »
In his defense, he did mention he was going to be on vacation on his Facebook page.

Offline IneptAphid

• No Force
  • Hello there!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »
Dont forget Chinese New Year. From my understanding, things are shut down for pretty much a whole month during it.

retrousse