fiduciary

Author Topic: After seeing the demo can't really how the FX Sabers are different than Real One  (Read 1402 times)

Offline royjedi

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
I read the FAQ here explaining the technical difference in the material of the tube that's different in these sabers than the real ones.. but for all intents and purposes in terms of how they light up, with the light going from the handle to the tip in a motion, and the sound, and the sound when it hits something..

is it really much of a difference?  I'm considering getting one for my nephew.

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
Do it! 😁
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:28:17 AM by Jediseth »

Offline royjedi

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
hehe...   how long is the wait? and what's the price? 

are the differences between these and the real ones significant?

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
hehe...   how long is the wait? and what's the price? 

are the differences between these and the real ones significant?

What are “the real ones” you refer to? The ones sold in stores?

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline royjedi

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
 in the FAQ of this site the first question if whether these are like the ones used in the movies..
and then it describes 2 technical differences between these and the movie type

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
in the FAQ of this site the first question if whether these are like the ones used in the movies..
and then it describes 2 technical differences between these and the movie type

What those refer to is do those cut through metal doors and such and cut people in half (like in the movies), and the answer is obviously no. You’d be surprised to see how many people want (and think that) real life sabers are capable of all of that.

The ones that are made by companies like Hasbro, and people (and other companies) here on the forums, are “replicas” which can have a lot of the looks and functionality of the ones you see in the movies.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline IneptAphid

• No Force
  • Hello there!
I think OP means what is the difference between Force FX and in-hilt LED sabers. If so, the difference are as follows-

Force FX have-
 An on/off sound, a couple of clash sounds, and up to 4 different swing sounds.
A "scrolling" effect when the blade activates, simulating how they look in the movies.
Light is provided by a string of LED's running up the blade-this provides the scroll effect. However this also means they are quite brittle and prone to damage if used for dueling.
Movie accurate hilts.