fiduciary

Author Topic: Vader ROTS Lightsaber  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Mhawke7894

• No Force
Vader ROTS Lightsaber
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:15:57 PM »
Hi all. I'm just getting back into the hobby after having to take a break from a while, and I know exactly what saber I want to start with. I'm not sure if there has been a run of these, at least for a while, but I really want to get a Darth Vader ROTS lightsaber. I am not very particular about the electronics at all. Also, if any saber builders would be interested in taking this as a commission I would be fine with that too. Thank you all for your time, its good to be back!

Offline Doaln

• No Force
  • Impressive. Most impressive.
Re: Vader ROTS Lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:34:46 PM »
I want to clarify, are you looking for the Anakin Skywalker lightsaber from Revenge of the Sith, which is essentially another version of the Graflex from ANH and ESB?

As far as I know, you never see Darth Vader with a lightsaber in ROTS (I have read there was a promotional lightsaber made anyway though). Or are you looking for Darth Vader's from Rogue One? Or which Darth Vader version are you looking for?

A great guide to all the lightsabers seen in the film can be found at the link below.

http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/SW_Lightsaber_Guide.pdf

Offline Mhawke7894

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:35:06 PM »
Oh no, they actually made a Darth Vader lightsaber for the brief scene when he's on the star destroyer bridge in his armor, and Master Replicas did a brief run of them back in the day. I think its based off a version from ESB but its entirely its own thing. 

Offline Doaln

• No Force
  • Impressive. Most impressive.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »
That looks pretty cool. As far as I am aware, that Master Replica might be the only ones of these ever made; I have checked every possible saber maker I've heard of (like Korbanth, 89sabers, etc.). It doesn't ever appear in the film (you can rewatch the scene, you only see Darth Vader's back and his front from his chest plate and up), so it probably isn't very popular due to people not being aware it exists.

Your best bet might be to build an ESB and then try to convert that to the ROTS features. You'll need a good reference saber though.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »
ArmonFire did a small run out of MHSv1 several years ago. There were only a half dozen made.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse