fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex build time  (Read 923 times)

Offline BipolarShooter

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Graflex build time
« on: February 13, 2018, 05:57:54 PM »
Hello! I am new to building sabers and I am going to build a Graflex soon. I have ordered most of the parts to build what i want. My build is a Roman Props TFA flashgun with a Nano Biscotte v4 sound board, KR sabers deluxe blade holder, 28mm premium bass speaker, blue/blue/white tri-cree LED, 3.4v 18650 battery, and a Goth3D Knight chassis that will have a light up crystal chamber. I have very little experience with electronics and building props. I was wondering how long will it take, once I have all of the parts, to put it together.

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Graflex build time
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »
Hi and welcome to the hobby.
That’s difficult to answer in a meaningful way.  I mean, if it’s your first saber and your new to soldering and electronics, could take awhile.

Even for a more experienced builder, it could take some time, to make sure everything is perfect.
All that said, my advice is don’t put a time frame on it and feel rushed.
Read and learn, have fun and be patient.
And keep us updated!

Darkmatter73

Offline IneptAphid

• No Force
  • Hello there!
Re: Graflex build time
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 03:47:25 AM »
AS above-dont try to stick to a time frame. As an example, i did a simple Force FX conversion last week. Usually that would take 2-3 hours. However this one was so warped and stuck together, that the disassembly alone took more than 3 hours and involved hacksaws..

retrousse