fiduciary

Author Topic: Accidentally removed SD card while battery was connected, now NO SOUND! HELP!  (Read 1014 times)

Offline BATMAnakin Skywalker

• No Force
  • Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.
    • Harris Maynard Portfolio
I was messing with the settings and forgot to disconnect the battery. I was just ready to get it installed in the chassis I've been making and now no sound comes out. I rewired all the sound connections and nothing happens. All I did was remove and put the SD card back in. I had done this 3-4 times before it stopped working, so I assumed it wasn't a problem to do that. The worst I thought would happen is a corrupted card, but I scanned it and it's fine. Any suggestions? Did I fry anything? I certainly hope not.... 

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Removing the SD card with the battery connected is really not a problem and wouldn't cause any issue.
It's hard to tell about your problem without any pictures of the board top and bottom but it's possibly during the install on the chassis that something happened

Offline BATMAnakin Skywalker

• No Force
  • Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.
    • Harris Maynard Portfolio
I'm going to try rewiring it, and I'll post up some pics (my camera on phone is not working so I would have if it was). Somebody told me I may have reversed the polarity or caused an ESD when I removed the SD card.

retrousse