fiduciary

Author Topic: 2015 black series Likes Rotj saber conversion  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Clnichols1

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
2015 black series Likes Rotj saber conversion
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:28:14 AM »
So i just picked up the black series luke rotj saber. The hilt bottom says Hasbro 2015. I've been trying for three days now to find a video on this saber conversion but there are none. No articles either. The problem I am running in to is that all the videos I've seen on this saber are of the older one from 2005 not the newer one. The difference is that the older ones have a string of LEDs that are connected to the board by a set of wires. My 2015 saber has a blade that is connected to the board directly. Does anyone know how I could wire an LED to this?. Please HELP!!

Offline Doaln

• No Force
  • Impressive. Most impressive.
Re: 2015 black series Likes Rotj saber conversion
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 04:01:59 PM »
I don't own that lightsaber, but I think I have this figured out.

You should be able to follow the standard MR conversion process for disassembly, like 05 MR Luke - Done & kits available

I'm assuming the board itself is like the other Hasbro FX lightsabers, so you would need to wire it like this Luke ANH conversion. Luke Black Series ANH FX Lightsaber Conversion

There is a picture of his wiring job during the conversion, and this post also has a diagram of the specific pads to bridge. Luke Black Series ANH FX Lightsaber Conversion - Page 3

I've done the Luke ANH conversion myself. One word of advice; before you do anything else with the blade holder, check how tightly your blade fits in your blade holder. If its too snug, you need to enlarge it before installing everything.

Also, while looking all this up, I found a guide specifically for your lightsaber. Luke Black Series ROTJ FX Lightsaber Conversion (1/1) - Saber Forge - Saber

retrousse