fiduciary

Author Topic: Prizm5.1 Tri-Cree not working. Help me Erv Plector, you're my only hope.(SOLVED)  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Loachri MacTalabh

• No Force
  • "Hello There!"
Hi Erv,
I have spent the better part of the afternoon wireing up my Prizm 5.1.  When power is supplied to the board the boot sound, on/off, lockup, blaster blocks, and sound bank change is as it should be.  My issue is the Tri-Cree doesn't light up.  I have tested the leds straight from my bench power supply, and their fine.  Now this is all done put side the hilt, so the connections at the other end aren't permanent.  Just a bench top mapping.  Attached is a shot of the led 1,2,3 pads wired and the whole thing.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:28:48 AM by Loachri MacTalabh »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
please show the rest of your wiring. Did you configure your drive or color profiles ? If the LEd doesn't light up maybe the common anode of the LED isn't hooked up to the right place ?

• No Force
  • "Hello There!"
Here is the Tri-Cree, It's RBG.  Each color wire is coordinated with the diode of the same.  Their soldered to the +pad and the blk is on the -pad.  Now, to be clear, the blk goes straight to the power supply?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
that's common cathode wiring and therefore will not work. Prizm / NB use common anode wiring scheme.

• No Force
  • "Hello There!"
So if I am understanding correctly, swap the Cathode wires with the Anode wires and I'm good to go.

Thanks Erv.

retrousse