fiduciary

Author Topic: RICE normal and switched wires behavior  (Read 1199 times)

Offline bruno1067

• Padawan Learner
  • Size matters not
RICE normal and switched wires behavior
« on: October 14, 2017, 07:15:57 AM »
Hi guys, after sometime playing with my sabers I decided to learn how to build one. I've built my OWK with a NB and the 3 parts 3D GOTH 7/8' chassis and after some planning struggle got it right. Alive and kicking! I didn't post it here because I think we already had many of those.

After that I've decided to build my first MHS as a gift for an old friend and went all in: Crystal Focus v8, Color Extender, Recharge Port and RICE. I may have overextended myself but I'm patient, stubborn and love to challenge myself (This is very very far away from what I do for living). I had to take a break from my project to travel due to work but the only thing left was the Color Extender when I had to leave. I tested everything I did before putting it in a drawer and it sure looked good so far. Well, at least I thought it was until I've read a post on another forum about RICE.

Short version: I'm new at building sabers. Don't have one with RICE to know if it's working properly.

I'm using RICE for Crystal Focus v8 on Windows 10 and can't say I remember the "Echo sound" the manual talks about but I was able to change the volume of the saber and access the config file, so I assumed it was ok. Rice wasn't showing the board temperature or the battery however (I've clicked the buttons). Is it possible to do that even if you switch the wires?

I would try it on my computer again if I could but now I'm stuck here and this is killing me...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:19:34 AM by bruno1067 »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: RICE normal and switched wires behavior
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 10:38:09 AM »
If you are able to change the parameters your RICE link is half working. The info returning to the computer doesn't work though. Check your wiring and RICE port.

Offline bruno1067

• Padawan Learner
  • Size matters not
Re: RICE normal and switched wires behavior
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:12:01 PM »
Hm... That's odd. I'll do that when I get back then.

Thank you Erv!

retrousse