fiduciary

Author Topic: New Graflex Build - Noob  (Read 736 times)

Offline Jotun22

• No Force
  • You must do what you think is right, of course.
New Graflex Build - Noob
« on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:44 PM »
Hey saber community!

Attempting my first build with a Korbanth 2.0 kit. I have been doing a lot of reading and video watching, and one question I have is: what suggestions does anyone have for activation switches? I saw a video where someone built a switch into the red button and the clamp and that appeals to me, however they never mentioned how and what parts they used except for a Slothfurnace clamp card. Any advice would be great. Plan on using a G.O.T.H padawan chassis. Thanks in advance!!
KR/OR QGJ - GGW NBv3
(In the Market for more)

Offline DarkSideTendencies

• Force User
  • It's becoming an obsession...
Re: New Graflex Build - Noob
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:29:10 PM »
If planning a single activation switch only then can put it under the red button of which a button should have come with the kit for that reason. If want to put a single activation switch and/or an aux switch under the clamp then shapeways has a designer that makes a real nice under clamp switch holder can just search for it. Make sure your soundboard has what you hope to achieve for sounds available.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Re: New Graflex Build - Noob
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 02:30:13 AM »
shtok creations do the clamp card switch holder but youll need some switches. He mentions which ones to buy on the shapeways listing.

The red button comes witht he graflex kit and so does a switch but imo its not a great switch. It sits inside the screw so if you try to untwist  the screw it will mash up your wires. I used a 10x10x6 tactile switch off ebay and stuck it to the inner core with some double sided mounting tape.

retrousse