fiduciary

Author Topic: Rice connection reads 'ping'  (Read 1164 times)

Offline TempleoftheBluegrass

• Force User
Rice connection reads 'ping'
« on: September 01, 2017, 06:27:52 PM »
Hey guys, had one today that i cant figure out.  Whenever i hook up rice on my current build the connection status reads 'ping' instead of 'echo'.  The other results I found here on the forum suggest that is possibly due to the rice cable I made.  It still seems to function properly, and work the same.  I guess my question is, should i be concerned or do i need to change it?  Since it seems to work, can i leave it?  Is the 'ping' a bad thing?

As always, thank you guys!
And MTFBWY!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Rice connection reads 'ping'
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »
ping is the command sent to the saber and it expects the echo answer. If you don't get the echo, your RICE link isn't complete (wiring or connection to the right port in the app, driver etc)

Offline TempleoftheBluegrass

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
Thank you erv! That makes perfect sense. It is functioning properly however.   It never says echo in the status bar, but when im changing the led color it will actually show the number values in the status bar.  Im sure it is somethong to do with my homemade rice cable. 
All purely informational at this point tho. As I said it functions propperly and the updates are saved properly.  You know what they say, if it ain't broke, dont fix it.

Thanks again Erv

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 09:50:15 PM »
if the echo doesn't "come back" your uplink to the computer doesn't work, check your wiring and port / sockets

retrousse