fiduciary

Author Topic: Where to buy string blades?  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Darth_Nova

• No Force
  • "I've got a bad feeling about this"
Where to buy string blades?
« on: July 20, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
I'm looking into using a string blade for my next build and I would rather not solder it myself. Does anybody know of any good places that I can buy a assembled red or deep red string blade that includes white FOC? I'd rather not have a Neopixel blade that I have to program but if there is not another option then a Neopixel will be fine.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Where to buy string blades?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
Spacewindu is the man.  Check out his threads.

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • May the source be with you.
    • Hubbe's Corner
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
I'm confused, what board requires you to do your own programming for neopixels?

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 02:19:48 PM »
Spacewindu is one the best in the business for traditional string blades.

However, using NeoPixel doesn't require you to program anything. Plector and NEC both support it, and the DIYino and TeesnySaber boards both have ready-made open source code available. You could use any of those options without writing a single line of your own code.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:07:26 PM by JakeSoft »

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 03:55:29 PM »
Neopixel blades are very easy to construct as well. You wouldn't have to do any programming, unless of course you wanted to come up with your own effects, utilizing the full extant of the Neopixel technology. Using Neopixel is like having 40 blades in one, as you can dial up any color and effects you want. Some boards like the Igniter or Prizm or DIYino allow you to change colors on the fly and the board does all the work. It will even save the color for you the next time you turn it on.

For a segmented component string blade, you get one color and FOC if you choose that, and you have to change out the blade to have another color.

If you need a segmented string blade (for instance with a DIYino or CF LS board) let me know I can make it for you.

Offline Darth_Nova

• No Force
  • "I've got a bad feeling about this"
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 01:10:54 PM »
Neopixel blades are very easy to construct as well. You wouldn't have to do any programming, unless of course you wanted to come up with your own effects, utilizing the full extant of the Neopixel technology. Using Neopixel is like having 40 blades in one, as you can dial up any color and effects you want. Some boards like the Igniter or Prizm or DIYino allow you to change colors on the fly and the board does all the work. It will even save the color for you the next time you turn it on.

For a segmented component string blade, you get one color and FOC if you choose that, and you have to change out the blade to have another color.

If you need a segmented string blade (for instance with a DIYino or CF LS board) let me know I can make it for you.
I've decided that I'm going to make my own neopixel blade. Where can I buy a diffuser for it?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

retrousse