fiduciary

Author Topic: Vintage Early (No Patent) Folmer Graflex Accurate ANH FX Conversion  (Read 863 times)

Offline NickCline

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Just want to show off and give a big thanks to Scottjua of Crucible Custom Props and NerfWorXLab for the job he did on a early Folmer Graflex I picked up off of eBay a few months ago.

I meet Scott in person at Celebration 2017, and it was awesome to just talk Star Wars props, amongst other things.

Like everyone that I've dealt with from the Nerf crew, Scott is super friendly, down to earth and willing to answer any dumb question I ask.

I went back and forth between on which Graflex version I wanted to go with. Scott educated me on the differences, and once I settled on the original (A New Hope), I realized the patented 3-Cell I had bought late last year wasn't going to appease my OCD for accuracy, since the ANH is more than likely an early Folmer.

Long story short, after a ton of browsing on eBay and consulting with Scott on making sure I finally got the correct flash with a sharp beveled eye that is seen in ANH, as well as a real bubble strip from an Exactra 20 calculator, I listed my patiented Graflex that I had already sent to Scott. Once it had sold on eBay, he took time out of all of the things he has going on and shipped it to the winning bidder. He truly went above and beyond in every respect and kept me updated on his progress.

After seeing a machined core he did for another client, I knew I wanted to go that route but with brass instead of aluminum. This is what he came up with, and I couldn't be happier:

Video:

YouTube

Many thanks again to Scott, and thank you all for looking!

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
  • "Fog Machines & Lightsaber Reys"
Re: Vintage Early (No Patent) Folmer Graflex Accurate ANH FX Conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:07:47 AM »
great job!

retrousse