fiduciary

Author Topic: My First Vintage Graflex!!!  (Read 1739 times)

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
  • "Fog Machines & Lightsaber Reys"
My First Vintage Graflex!!!
« on: June 16, 2017, 07:49:27 PM »
Well, it finally came... the day when I was able to acquire a beautiful piece of American Film History and completely desecrate it in the name of science fiction!!! hahaha...anyway, I stumbled across this raggedy beaten and battered left for dead Vintage Graflex on the ol' eBay...did what anyone else would and PM'd the seller a low price, and he took it! so  win win for me...

It was very very grimy, nicked, scratched, there was a previous attempt at venting the pommel and a huge center hole in the pommel for a D ring...all very very wrong, but whatever...make lemonade with lemons I guess...

I followed Yoda's previous post on cleaning up a vintage and it worked marvels. the graflex cleaned up the best it could and thats where the fun began...

ordered a 1" blade adaptor, a 3D Printed chassis all the electronics...also, I had some spare ANH parts from a Graflex 2.0 kit that came in handy like the grips, bubble card strip and the D ring.

painted the chassis in a bronze paint with bronze rust activator which is about as realistic as you can get!

in the end what we have here is a Vintage Graflex that has a nice 70+ years worth of weathering and patina...
1" Blade Holder...
Tri Cree XP-E2 BBG in a 4A config with a hacked NBV3 using a Power extender. no FoC (just blade flickering)...
18650 3400mah Li Re-chargeable battery...
28mm 3w 4ohm Bass Speaker...
3D Printed Chassis...
5mm BG Accent LED for the crystal...
Real Quartz crystal...

Im leaving the names of the products used and who makes them out so as to not break any kind of posting policy, but I think we all know who these parts are comping from. :)

Anyway, Enjoy the pics! It was a fun Ride building this one! MTFBWYA!!!

Here's Some Preview Pics...for more pics click this link: http://goo.gl/photos/ncVnDGd94sq71EqCA

& some chassis pics in the daylight: https://goo.gl/photos/T5Gm21eBDfgw2vjX7

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:23:44 AM by erlomd »

Offline DarkSideTendencies

• Force User
  • It's becoming an obsession...
Re: My First Vintage Graflex!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 10:33:51 PM »
Nice work. Motivates me to get all my parts put together instead of walking into the garage every day and seeing them sitting neatly on the bench calling to me. TIME anybody have extra to throw my way...

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 05:25:46 AM »
yeah, I can't even keep my stuff in the garage longer than overnight...Miami=Humidity=Rust! on the upside, natural weathering! lol I left my Romans OB1 overnight a couple weeks ago and in the morning there was already signs of rust everywhere!

Offline DarkSideTendencies

• Force User
  • It's becoming an obsession...
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 01:03:10 PM »
Ups and down. In CO now but from MI so know about humidity. Bread and chips NEVER go bad here.

Offline WookieCookie

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 03:37:34 PM »
That's probably my favorite looking chassis in a graflex to date. Good job!

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 07:07:11 AM »
That's probably my favorite looking chassis in a graflex to date. Good job!

thanks! i agree

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:01:40 PM »
Cycling Through the sound fonts...

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
Sold the chassis...since someone was so keen on having it  :embarrassed:...oh well...on to the next chassis I guess...another Darth Ryo, but this time a Master Chassis with printed metal parts...cant wait!

retrousse