fiduciary

Author Topic: Help buying a good graflex replica  (Read 945 times)

Offline Thren Varda

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Help buying a good graflex replica
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »
So the story goes I am currently looking at buying my first lishtsaber. In addition to this I am wanting to obtain a graflex as well to gift to my step-dad who has been a die hard fan of Star Wars since he first saw A New Hope. I found the graflex from ultrasabers and was very close to buying it, but I'd really like to get him something closer to what he fell in love with as a kid. The best alternative I have found so far is to purchase a graflex kit from TCSS and then pay Vader's Vault to convert it for me. Just wanting to know if this is the best/cheapest option or if there is something else/somewhere I can purchase a quality graflex replica from that already has all the electronics in place. Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:48:47 PM by Thren Varda »

Offline DarkSideTendencies

• Force User
  • It's becoming an obsession...
Re: Help buying a good graflex replica
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 05:29:38 PM »
Good choice on holding off on the purchase. The Graflex 2.0 is a nice base to make or have made a saber as is was designed off a real Graflex handle, with some variances that are obvious to the true enthusiast but not noticed to the average fan. There are people on this forum and others that can do an install for you just have to ask or PM me and I can give you a name. Vader's vault is great, I have their Luke Hero, but it's a very busy business so the wait time probably pretty long for an install. You can always put a WTB (want to buy) post out there for an already installed ANH saber if want one quickly. I see them listed frequently on this forum and 2 others I'm a member of but you probably looking at around $450 and up depending on what's installed. If money not an issue and want to be a great son but him an already installed vintage Graflex flash with crystal reveal.

Offline Thren Varda

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Help buying a good graflex replica
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:06:31 PM »
Thank you very much for the advice! I've actually already decided to go ahead with the Ultrasabers version due to the fact that I'm inpatient and also buying my own first lightsaber at the same time, but I really appreciate you talking the time to comment. If I decide to get another more screen accurate version in the future I will definitely look into the options you suggested.

retrousse