fiduciary

Author Topic: First saber purchase: who to buy from?  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Thren Varda

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
First saber purchase: who to buy from?
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »
Ok so I've been doing a lot of research over the last few days about buying my first lightsaber as well as wanting one as a gift for someone. I've taken a pretty good look at what I'm guessing are the "golden three" (saberforge, ultrasabers and Vader's Vault) of ready to go lightsabers. I've read/watched mixed reviews about both saberforge and ultrasabers, but only good things about Vader's Vault aside from a very lengthy wait time. All three have some amazing lightsaber designs that I really like so that isn't really a factor in determining who I'll go with. My biggest concern is that I live in New Zealand (bottom of the pacific for those who don't know) so I want to make sure that whatever I purchase arrives in working condition and does not need sending back as that will make this expensive endeavor even more pricey. Not looking to put down any companies that make these lightsabers. I think they're all amazing and if I could afford to I would be buying several sabers from each manufacturer. However, given that I will probably only ever purchase one, who should I be shopping with?

TIA

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
Re: First saber purchase: who to buy from?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
The only company you listed was Vader's Vault. Stick with that and you'll be fine.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:47:50 AM »
I've watched the rise and fall of many sabersmiths and companies over a dozen years and Vader's Vault has only continued to rise ever since they first began in this hobby with some of the greatest full custom 'art' pieces it has ever produced through to becoming a major saber business with production lines of great sabers as well. Yes there can be a longer wait for a VV saber than with some other 'mass production' sources that rush out sabers as if they were McNuggets, but the time they take to make their sabers right not simply fast is one reason Vader's Vault reputation for quality work is well deserved, so you are less likely to get a bad one from them. And since you are concerned specifically about possibility of needing repairs you should be reassured to hear that their reputation for business ethics and standing behind their work is equally well deserved. If I had to buy only one saber my choice of those mentioned would be easy: Vader's Vault.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline DarkSideTendencies

• Force User
  • It's becoming an obsession...
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »
Vader's Vault all the way for who you listed. When I first got into this hobby a little while back I also looked at the other 2 and ultimately decided to purchase from one of them, a Luke ROTJ style one. After doing much more research (while I waited for a given 6 week wait which actually took 12 to get) I found these forums and reputations of the existing smiths so decided that I would get another saber down the road, VV announced that they would be doing a run of the Luke Hero saber that I had just received so I jumped on that run and had my saber sold in under a week. I can honestly tell you that comparing the 2 "same" sabers is like night and day with the VV being miles above the other one. So if it will likely be (that's not gonna happen it's addicting) your only saber then go with VV and even with having a wait time you have already waited your whole life so what's another few months to a year and you'll be more than happy you did. Or build your own

Offline Thren Varda

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 11:12:44 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys! I decided to purchase a Consular in tri green and an arctic blue graflex (as a gift) from ultrasabers. Ultimately I decided I was too impatient to wait months on end for my first saber. However, your reccomendations for Vader's vault have not fallen on deaf ears. I'm a huge Revan fan and have a long term goal of having a quality Darth Revan costume so I will likely buy the Vader's Vault REV-N around the time I start on that. Once again thanks for the help!

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
Let us know how long it actually works. Good luck!
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

retrousse