fiduciary

Author Topic: JGJSabers Brass Tube Saber BTS-001 Prototype Saber  (Read 1600 times)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
JGJSabers Brass Tube Saber BTS-001 Prototype Saber
« on: June 01, 2017, 07:20:01 AM »
I just finished this one up this week,  and thought I'd post a few pictures of it here.  This is a prototype for a Brass Tubing Saber Series,  much like the ATS sabers I've been building for the last few years, except the main body tube on this one is brass, rather than aluminum. The blade socket on this one is from TCSS,  and was the 1.18" custom blade holder.  It took quite a bit of sanding to make it fit the brass tube,  since it's I.D. was also 1.18". If I do another one of these, I'll use a piece of aluminum tubing and the 1" led module instead to save on cost,  and to make sure there is a better fit.

Pictures:

Here,  I wasn't watching how much of the cutting disc had ground off,  and got too close with the chuck on the dremel,  and nicked up the aluminum grip section pretty good:

If I continue to make those grips like that,  I'll look into getting those parts machined. I guess i'll chalk that up to experience,  and call it "battel damaged."  :wink:

The soundboard i used in this one is the new Nano Biscotte v4 from PlecterLabs/TCSS. I picked it up during the May the 4th sale,  and thought this would be a great place to test it out.

SD card access:

Remove the end cap.

Remove the white plastic speaker retention clip:

Pull/shake the speaker out:

It sort of flips up and out the way.

SD card is right there:

A pair of needle nose pliers or good tweezers is required to remove and re-install the card.

Blade colors:

Cyan/Teal.

Hot Orange,  as I like to call it.

And a very vibrant violet.

The blade colors were created using the suggested color values found in the NBv4 manual. AS you can see in the pictures,  the switch also is illuminated,  and is wired to the deep sleep pad so when the board goes to sleep,  the switch goes out. It will also go out if you insert a kill plug.

Here's a short video of the saber as well:

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: JGJSabers Brass Tube Saber BTS-001 Prototype Saber
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 07:49:21 AM »
Nice work.  I love that custom "lightly used" battle damage effect! ;D

retrousse