fiduciary

Author Topic: Crossguard 2.0 & LS6-Reveal-Gullwing ORDER STATUS - New Nov 22 update  (Read 12967 times)

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
This thread is to show ORDER Status - if you purchased, then find your name on this list and make sure I have your Pre-Order correct.

I still have Sid 2.0 sabers left to be able to give anyone who wants the buy 2 sabers get a free sid 2.0 promotion.  I have about 40% left of what I
am being sent...remember, I really wish I could sell them, but many people are going in 3 ways or 2 ways with others who might only want 1 or not care as much
about the Sid 2.0 - find those people and we can work a 2-way or 3-way deal -  Here is the lists - after 3 days of preorders, my hopes were to presell 75 of each saber so we could get the run going...I thought it would take weeks or a month, we went past our goal by double in 3 days. So it looks like this will be a good sized run...if you are seeing this and wondering if you can still get in, you can...pre-ordering is still open by clicking Korbanth.com ? Lets fund these things!

thanks again for letting me work these up for you all - I am glad so many really like them.  Duke 2.0 is next along with some other surprises

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:46:42 AM by korbanth »

Offline GalaxyM31

• No Force
Re: Crossguard 2.0 & LS6-Reveal-Gullwing ORDER STATUS - New Nov 22 update
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:45:18 AM »
I'll be picking up a Duke 2.0! When the time comes. If you ever happen to get a Mace Windu in mind, I would be all over that one as well. :grin:

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »
I hadn't noticed that the pre-order had gone up for these. I've just put in an order for a Crossguard 2.0  :smiley:

Offline danzig

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 02:32:10 PM »
Will the cross guard 2.0 have a larger diameter than the first one?The first one looked great,but appeared to be very slim

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 05:17:53 PM »
How do you paint the cross guard black and why doesn't it already come this way? Couldn't they use the same black metal material they used for other sabers like the inner core of the owk?

Offline Jyn-Toar

• No Force
  • I can fly anything...
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 10:35:47 PM »
How do you paint the cross guard black and why doesn't it already come this way? Couldn't they use the same black metal material they used for other sabers like the inner core of the owk?

Painting is usually done by 3rd parties with things like this because the crossguard is a hilt with various finished preferred and obtained by various people.  Phoenix Props, a renowned prop-making company, has also released a Kylo hilt, and theirs is not finished in black because many prefer to finish them in their own unique style.  Black metal is achieved by anodizing or powdercoating, which increases prices.  Further, the saber may end up having different coloration than what is depicted in the render, so parts of it could end up being black (like the K4 emitter ended up black).
Run with perseverance the race marked out...

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 02:15:08 AM »
Thanks, any idea where might be a good place to have the cross guard sent to get it painted?
Or alternatively how to do it myself?

Offline Meatsweats

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 04:20:36 AM »

Korbanth said there would be an optional black rustic darkening available. He offered this in the CG 1.0, if you take a look at the thread for that run there are pictures.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 05:00:29 AM »
I've scanned through all 54 pages and no pictures with a black crossguard. Maybe they're on photobucket?
Graflex 2.0 saber run- July 7 update last page

Offline Meatsweats

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 05:30:00 AM »
It was a thread for the people who preordered the first run. I can't find it right now on my phone. Maybe it was deleted recently? Maybe someone else had pictures, I'll take a look when I get home tonight.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 07:03:10 AM »
Im pretty sure i have the right thread. Its for the crossguard too

Offline StaticVizjerei

• No Force
  • I put a shock to your system!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 07:21:15 AM »
I think you have the wrong thread.

This one has pics of a weathered version:

Left over Graflex 2.0 and Kylo Crossguard sabers - Feb 10 update

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 07:26:54 AM »
Thanks! while not exactly what I was hoping for its nice to see a different finish. I'll look into painting it and what might be involved. The Phoenix props one looked amazing.

Offline Meatsweats

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 07:51:36 AM »
Thanks for finding that, I knew I saw it somewhere. I love the way it looks, with some TLC on the side emitters it will look great.

Offline Jyn-Toar

• No Force
  • I can fly anything...
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 10:14:11 AM »
IceSaber you could probably paint it with pretty standard Rustoleum paint in a spray can, otherwise you could look at getting a base black powdercoat and then painting on other colors over it (like the blues and golds and reds on the side emitters).
Run with perseverance the race marked out...

retrousse