fiduciary

Author Topic: Welcome the Stardust - an USB rechargable mid-range saber board  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Obi_1

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Creator of DIYino - first open source FX-board
Re: Welcome the Stardust - an USB rechargable mid-range saber board
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 05:30:45 AM »
Looks great! Is it the same audio driver as on the DIYino Prime?

Yes, it still has the 3W audio amp on it just like the Prime. I'm pretty satisfied with it, it makes them by far the loudest saber boards on the market.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 07:28:15 AM »
Great! I couldn't be more pleased.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 09:48:07 AM »
Did you end up having to add a buck boost or were you able to run it direct from a 3.7V battery?

Offline grazer

• No Force
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »
Is the copying of audio files to the StarDust still finicky like the SD card solution was?

I'm very excited about this new board and will definitely be in for one of them.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 12:07:45 PM »
The Stardust has onboard memory available via the USB instead of the SD card.

What trouble did you have with the SD in the DIYino Prime?  If it's the copy order, that's common to most saber boards.  The requirement is also related to LSOS, and not related to the DIYino.  LSOS is under constant development and we'll have some changes to the configuration in the near future that should make it less complicated.

Offline grazer

• No Force
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »
The Stardust has onboard memory available via the USB instead of the SD card.

What trouble did you have with the SD in the DIYino Prime?  If it's the copy order, that's common to most saber boards.  The requirement is also related to LSOS, and not related to the DIYino.  LSOS is under constant development and we'll have some changes to the configuration in the near future that should make it less complicated.

I'm very excited for the onboard storage vs SD cards. Nothing to get knocked loose :) 

Yeah, w/ LSOS I've had a lot of issues getting the audio onto the card in the proper copy order.  I run Linux exclusively, so the 'drag and drop' trick was not effective for me.  When I built up my first arduino + all the boards on my breadboard, I managed to get a working SD Card once, but it's since been wiped and I've yet to get them on for my DIYino.  I've not looked at it in ages as I've mostly been building static hilts and getting my vintages all prettied up. 

I've used a windows virtual machine and it didn't appear to do the right thing either.  I think I'll try and write up the simplest arduino sketch I can for just testing the audio on the card.

But this has digressed considerably from the awesomeness of the StarDust, so let's keep on that track :)

retrousse