fiduciary

Author Topic: Ancient Weapon - A Han Solo inspired font - Interest thread  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
Ancient Weapon - A Han Solo inspired font - Interest thread
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:53:56 AM »
Greetings,

I have completed another font, but this one is especially important to me.  This font is an "alternative universe" font where Han is force sensitive and the font reflects his relationship with the greatest spaceship ever - the Millennium Falcon!  That being said, the saber is not perfect, but has a few quirks and such.

Here is my font description:
This font was designed to be a "What if?" or alternative time line set in the time frame of  Star Wars: A New Hope. In this time line, Han Solo is the son of Vader instead of Luke. Han receives his Graflex lightsaber from Obi-Wan Kenobi. In the tradition of Han's need to modify weapons and space craft, the saber has a few hiccups similar to the Falcon.

Sounds are from ANH lightsaber battles and have been modified to reflect Han, his personality, and his engineering skills. Some blaster sounds are from the falcon.

I initially started this font to be for an ancient Graflex saber that had seen better days and multiple battles. The more I worked on it, I started seeing Han as the owner of this saber.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have Plecter and NEC versions completed.  I have NOT submitted this font to Saberfont.com yet as I am waiting for approval of other fonts.  Let me know if you all are interested in the font and I'll submit it sooner than later.

Below is a demo video of the font.  It does not contain all of the sounds in the font package.

Again, let me know if you all are interested.

Thanks!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Ancient Weapon - A Han Solo inspired font - Interest thread
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 11:40:29 AM »
I really like it.  I think this is could be closer to the font I've been looking for than the "grey jedi" types out there.

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »
I really like it.  I think this is could be closer to the font I've been looking for than the "grey jedi" types out there.

Thanks for the feedback!  I really do appreciate it!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:29:26 PM »
I have to thank Darth PJs for creating this font.

After having a chance to play around with it, this is exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for.  Ancient Weapon manages to create a really unique sound that really fills a nice role in the sound font tool box.  It gives a really convincing impression of an improvised or battle damaged hilt.  This will definitely be keeping its home in my hilt.

Tested it in my NBv3 hilt, homebrew, and DIYino builds.  I also have a saber on a breadboard for which this font seemed maybe a little too appropriate!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:32:09 PM by jbkuma »

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 03:38:38 AM »
I have to thank Darth PJs for creating this font.

After having a chance to play around with it, this is exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for.  Ancient Weapon manages to create a really unique sound that really fills a nice role in the sound font tool box.  It gives a really convincing impression of an improvised or battle damaged hilt.  This will definitely be keeping its home in my hilt.

Tested it in my NBv3 hilt, homebrew, and DIYino builds.  I also have a saber on a breadboard for which this font seemed maybe a little too appropriate!

Thank you for reviewing this font!  I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Offline Anoril

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 06:37:29 AM »
Hi!

Exactly what I'm looking for!!!

Anorr

retrousse