fiduciary

Author Topic: Nocturne Armory Ven Zallow Axis  (Read 4974 times)

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
Nocturne Armory Ven Zallow Axis
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:05:01 PM »

Ven Zallow's Axis hilt was my unicorn since day one when I got into this hobby two years ago. I remember first seeing that image of the hilt as it dropped to the floor upon Zallow's impalement at the hands of Malgus in the Deceived cinematic trailer. I also observed that Kao-Cen Darach had an Axis but it was white, not brass/gold colored unlike Zallow's.

After the ill-fated Kit Axis Run two years ago, I bided my time to acquire a better built hilt. That day arrived last year when I learned that Wes of Nocturne Armory had announced he would stop taking commissions by October 2014. Knowing that he had previously made Daddy Solo's Axis 3 years prior, I immediately contacted Wes mid August and roughly two months later, I finally had my unicorn hilt. I requested an empty. Overall, the final product was amazing but there were also some design flaws I noted that had to be addressed. For one thing, the door to the CC did not swing wide open; and the emitter was not in the proper orientation as was noted by daddy solo when I had posted pics of the empty on FB.

I had specifics ideas of what I wanted in this hilt. Getting a CC and install done was a trial unto itself which is why it took this long to get it done. I finally settled with Harp after having remembered how he had dealt with cram-fu builds where CCs were concerned and how he had to re-engineer some hilts to get the job done. This fact alone encouraged me to seek his services out. I sent him the empty hilt around mid April of this year and about a month later, he completed the job. Based on the build pics he sent me, he actually pretty much finished the build 2 or 3 days after he had received my hilt. As he said, and I quote him, "80% done!"

My Axis sports the following SPECs:
 CF 7.5 with CeX
 Tri-Cree XPE-2 RGrB
 14500x2 7.4v
 TCSS Premium 28mm 1.5w Speaker
 Recharge Port and R.I.C.E. Port in pommel

For me, the highlight of this install is the CC and the solution Harp devised to open up access to it. As he has already shown in his reveal video, Harp used magnets to resolve this issue mentioned above.

I actually misunderstood how the Color Profiles worked in a CF 7.5 board. Little did I know that setting blade colours was very different from what I was use to. After having spoken with Obi-Shane and Deanna, I finally understood that the 10 Color Profiles essentially defined or set what blade colours you had at your disposal for each sound font on your board. Now since I had 12 fonts to deal with, 6 Jedi and 6 Sith, I knew I couldn't use this colour changing feature that this latest CF board offered; I wanted different shade/hues of reds for the Sith fonts and the 10 Color Profile feature would not allow that at all in conjuction with the other Jedi colours I knew I wanted. Sadly and reluctantly, I had to ditch this particular feature. In the video to follow below, it's hard to see the subtle differences in the reds for the Sith fonts but I assure you, seeing it first hand, it's there.

A great big thanks goes out to Wes and Harp. I cannot say "thank you" enough for helping me finally acquire this unicorn saber of mine.

Because the Axis is from The Old Republic game, I had this hilt TOR-themed:
 Sound Fonts:
 TOR Ascension
 TOR Crucible
 TOR Tranquility
 TOR Treachery
 TOR Malign
 TOR Deceived
 TOR Echoes of Tython
 TOR Darkness Returns
 TOR Ignatius
 TOR Fallen
 TOR Malcontent
 TOR Justice

Audio of:
 TOR Intro Cinematic
 TOR Hope Cinematic
 TOR Deceived Cinematic

All 14 Audios of TOR Galactic Timeline Records

....and

Selected TOR Soundtracks:
 The Mandalorian Blockade
 Balmorra, The Forge
 Alderaan, The Throne
 The Occupation of Balmorra
 The Battle of Coruscant
 The Siege of Alderaan

Brass activation plate and switches

Blade Plug

SD Card access, Recharge Port, and R.I.C.E. Port

I tried to keep the video short but I jammed this hilt so much. Enjoy!

Nocturne Armory Ven Zallow Axis

I 'm still planning to edit a few boot sounds in order to include certain quotes from the Cinematic Trailers.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:24:44 PM by jedicri »

Offline Pinousse

• Master Force User
  • If so powerfull you are, why leave?
Re: Nocturne Armory Ven Zallow Axis
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:28:20 AM »
Awesome saber :)) And so much happiness here  :D

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 06:03:28 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a work of art. Both from Wes and Harp. :)

I like the TOR theme, too. Really works, for obvious reasons. ;)
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 04:29:48 AM »
Awesome saber :)) And so much happiness here  :D

Thanks man!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a work of art. Both from Wes and Harp. :)

I like the TOR theme, too. Really works, for obvious reasons. ;)

Thanks!  It still needs a little tweaking as I mentioned above but yes, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Offline Cable

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »
This is one of my favorite sabers from the TOR EU, im sure its even cooler in person.

Offline Cavjo

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:36:58 AM »
I love that saber!!!! , congratulations man!!! :D :D

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 09:28:52 PM »
This is one of my favorite sabers from the TOR EU, im sure its even cooler in person.

Yeah, it is very cool in my hands!  I love this saber!

I love that saber!!!! , congratulations man!!! :D :D

Thanks dude!

I tinkered a bit more with the blade pulse and flicker to match the sound of each of the fonts.  In a way, it makes it sound and look much better and cooler.

Nocturne Armory Ven Zallow -- Blade to Font Flickers
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:28:10 PM by jedicri »

retrousse