fiduciary

Author Topic: Star Wars: Rebels, Spark of Rebellion, in FULL  (Read 5686 times)

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
Re: Star Wars: Rebels, Spark of Rebellion, in FULL
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I just watched the first episode and I cannot believe how much they made that kid look like Aladdin AND all the Aladdin references.... 

"Gotta eat to survive"  Jumping around on rooftops....   "That kid is just a street rat"    C'mon !!!!!!!    ZERO Originality !!!  I mean I get that it's Disney now, but If you're going to introduce NEW characters.... Don't piggy back off of ones that exist from somewhere else !!!!  Jeeze !!!!! 

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 05:16:21 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I just watched the first episode and I cannot believe how much they made that kid look like Aladdin AND all the Aladdin references.... 

"Gotta eat to survive"  Jumping around on rooftops....   "That kid is just a street rat"    C'mon !!!!!!!    ZERO Originality !!!  I mean I get that it's Disney now, but If you're going to introduce NEW characters.... Don't piggy back off of ones that exist from somewhere else !!!!  Jeeze !!!!!

no way, you are totally right, that is so true, good observation Link.

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 06:08:50 AM »
 Now my bubble is burst. :( You so right. I tried to watch with a open mind and not judge but how can you, not now.

Oh Disney.

I'm with Space I'd rather see OR.

I'm at least the stories are going in the right way. :-[ I'm liking the character interaction so far.

Something to watch, something with Star Wars ::)

Offline Kenobi2185

• Force User
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 08:11:28 AM »

It's a kid's show on a kid's network. What do you expect? If Ezra's parents were killed and he was found by Kanan and Co. it would have been similar to Luke or Starkiller's story. I'm sure after the first couple episodes they will tone down any sort or parallels/similarities between Ezra and Aladdin. Perhaps they are trying to engage children and families who are new to Star Wars but not new to Disney?  Maybe Disney is trying to engage younger fans who will grow up to have the same passion as we have for Star Wars so it continues to carry on for years and years?     

Rebels has Stormtroopers, Tie Fighters, Speeders, blasters and Lightsabers. It also has plenty of Stormtoopers meeting their end which some didn't expect in a Disney kids show.  What more do you want?  More originality?  They are using some of Ralph McQuarrie's original concepts to create worlds and scenes that have only been seen on paper until now.  Zeb, a main character, is based off of McQuarrie's original design for Chewbacca. Heck, even McQuarrie's original concept for "General Luke Skywalker" made a cameo in the latest episode. The relationship between Kanan and Ezra is a Jedi Knight and Padawan.  We've seen that before but it will be different because they are running and hiding for their lives from the Empire.  Have you ever seen a female Twi'lek pilot a Rebel starship?  I haven't. 

I guess I'm just sick of all the unnecessary complaining and nit-picking about Disney ruining Star Wars.  Does ANYONE remember the cartoon shows Droids or Ewoks? They weren't so good. Star Wars: Droids - The White Witch - YouTube 

We're getting new Star Wars. A TV Show. New characters. Lightsabers. EPISODE VII! Luke Skywalker. Han Solo. Princess Leia. 

I honestly feel sorry for any fan who isn't off the wall excited about these next 416 Days and BEYOND. I feel like a childhood dream has come true without me doing anything other than having a passion for something we ALL love.

Oh yeah, and Rebels is really, really good  ;D

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 09:01:17 AM »
I've decided I actually LIKE Rebels...and I positively HATE Disney so it is in spite of the obvious Aladdin rip-off not because of it. But there are enough things to like to overlook that.

Did anyone see last night's 'extended' version on ABC with the 'prologue scene' featuring Darth Vader and the Inquisitor? That actually made the pilot episode 'flow' much better and gave it a 'context' right from the beginning rather than how the original version without it seemed 'detached' at the beginning - one knew who Ezra was meant to be/become immediately instead of wondering "What The Force is Aladdin doing in Star Wars and what does any of this have to do with the events of the movies we all know and love?".

Last night's added prologue made it 'make sense' from the opening - BIG improvement imo.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 11:19:34 AM »

It's a kid's show on a kid's network. What do you expect? If Ezra's parents were killed and he was found by Kanan and Co. it would have been similar to Luke or Starkiller's story. I'm sure after the first couple episodes they will tone down any sort or parallels/similarities between Ezra and Aladdin. Perhaps they are trying to engage children and families who are new to Star Wars but not new to Disney?  Maybe Disney is trying to engage younger fans who will grow up to have the same passion as we have for Star Wars so it continues to carry on for years and years?     

Rebels has Stormtroopers, Tie Fighters, Speeders, blasters and Lightsabers. It also has plenty of Stormtoopers meeting their end which some didn't expect in a Disney kids show.  What more do you want?  More originality?  They are using some of Ralph McQuarrie's original concepts to create worlds and scenes that have only been seen on paper until now.  Zeb, a main character, is based off of McQuarrie's original design for Chewbacca. Heck, even McQuarrie's original concept for "General Luke Skywalker" made a cameo in the latest episode. The relationship between Kanan and Ezra is a Jedi Knight and Padawan.  We've seen that before but it will be different because they are running and hiding for their lives from the Empire.  Have you ever seen a female Twi'lek pilot a Rebel starship?  I haven't. 

I guess I'm just sick of all the unnecessary complaining and nit-picking about Disney ruining Star Wars.  Does ANYONE remember the cartoon shows Droids or Ewoks? They weren't so good. Star Wars: Droids - The White Witch - YouTube 

We're getting new Star Wars. A TV Show. New characters. Lightsabers. EPISODE VII! Luke Skywalker. Han Solo. Princess Leia. 

I honestly feel sorry for any fan who isn't off the wall excited about these next 416 Days and BEYOND. I feel like a childhood dream has come true without me doing anything other than having a passion for something we ALL love.

Oh yeah, and Rebels is really, really good  ;D
I agree...

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 09:13:13 AM »
Just watched Episode 4 of Rebels and I gotta say...... At first, I did NOT like the Inquisitor's lightsaber AT ALL...... Until I saw him throw it !!!!!! :)   That was cool !!!!!! 

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 06:41:25 PM »
Just watched Episode 4 of Rebels and I gotta say...... At first, I did NOT like the Inquisitor's lightsaber AT ALL...... Until I saw him throw it !!!!!! :)   That was cool !!!!!!
Yeah, him throwing his lightsaber and retrieving it using the force was pretty nifty.
Since jedi/sith are force users, they should be able to throw their saber and get it back like a boomerang. Don't see much of that.

Only seen Yoda throw his lightsaber in ROTS against a clone soldier at the jedi temple and also in CW season 6 episode against a vision Sid.

It may be cool to have short throwing knife-like style of lightsabers. Or even ninja-like throwing star based on lightsaber's cutting ability.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:38:04 PM by darth hondo »

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 09:29:55 PM »
Well, Five episodes into the season.

To be frank, I really like the show. A lot. The way they are incorporating all the OT and taking time to develop the characters... I look forward to seeing where they take the series. :)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »

Since jedi/sith are force users, they should be able to throw their saber and get it back like a boomerang. Don't see much of that.

It may be cool to have short throwing knife-like style of lightsabers. Or even ninja-like throwing star based on lightsaber's cutting ability.

True you don't SEE much of that in the movies or on TV but you sure DO a lot of it in games particularly KOTOR where it one of the most useful skills a Force user has and is just about the only way to get through some tough predicaments esp near the endgame [I took NO Dark Side points/skills and for a 100% Light Sider utilizing saber throw is the ONLY way to survive the final battle while using NO Dark powers]...its a necessity in KOTOR II and is indeed telekinetically retrieved like a boomerang. Because most SW games normally show sabers spinning rapidly while thrown there really isn't any need for multiple blades for saber throw use; a spinning single blade cuts through the same 360* as two or more blades would eh?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse