fiduciary

Author Topic: Star Wars: Rebels, Spark of Rebellion, in FULL  (Read 5694 times)

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
Star Wars: Rebels, Spark of Rebellion, in FULL
« on: October 02, 2014, 05:59:04 AM »
Watched this last night. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

Click the play button on the player, NOT the one in the middle of the screen.   geeky things : star wars rebels spark of rebellion in full
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:01:54 AM by jedicri »

Offline Gnar-Gnar Gin

• Experienced Force User
  • OhCanaduh
Re: Star Wars: Rebels, Spark of Rebellion, in FULL
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised by this show, the cartoon animation looked a little too disney for me, but I was impressed with how they've started this off...
Han Solo describes saber building perfectly: "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"

Saber building in a nut shell... as described by a smuggler

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:59:45 PM »
I saw it on a big screen at an event in S.f and the textures on the skin and other textures were really impressive.
The look and feel is so O.T I loved it.
I can not emphasize how much it FEELS like the O.T

check out this preview of a Saber Battle
Empire strikes back ? again ? in 'Star Wars Rebels'
The lock up effects look so amazingly Star Wars

oh and here is me at the Rebels Event

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
Yup, where Clone Wars was huge set-pieces and grand stage intense battles, this Rebels was way more personal... It really touched those OT vibes and hit 'em all pretty darn close, too. Loved it when Zeb tries to pass himself off as a wookie. Classic. OT lovers will love this.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »
Watched it,  liked it,  set the DVR to record the series.  :D ;D

Offline XsaberX

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 08:55:13 PM »
Liked it too. Don't love all the visuals. Don't love the skinny saber blade. But the feel is good for sure - and any issues I have with the look will fade as the story grows.

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
Liked it too. Don't love all the visuals. Don't love the skinny saber blade. But the feel is good for sure - and any issues I have with the look will fade as the story grows.
I happen to love the skinny saber blades, they looked like the blades in the movies before all the touch ups.
When it was only on Vhs  ^-^

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 11:12:53 PM »
A- mazing! Fan of The Clone Wars, and Rebels looks like maintaining that excitement. The McQuarrie references are wonderful, love the look of the Storm troopers, the Ghost is fantastic, the opening sequence on the short 'Property of Ezra Bridger', with Ezra whistling in the fields was just magical. I am so looking forward to the rest of this series, and hope along the way it creates a whole new generation of Star Wars fans!

Offline Gnar-Gnar Gin

• Experienced Force User
  • OhCanaduh
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 11:46:59 PM »
Loved it when Zeb tries to pass himself off as a wookie. Classic. OT lovers will love this.

Love this nod to the original concept for chewie! (If I remeber correctly Zeb is based off early rookie concepts)
Han Solo describes saber building perfectly: "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"

Saber building in a nut shell... as described by a smuggler

Offline DarkJedi29

• No Force
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 05:54:10 AM »
Loved it! Interesting how the Lightsaber was carried in two different pieces...

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 08:16:01 AM »
The more I watch I'm starting to feel the force  ::)

This is going in the right direction. Let's see if they steady the course and hold steadfast! C:-)

I'm aboard for NOW.

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 11:49:15 AM »
Animation was meh to me. Seems like they really took a step back from the clone wars quality there. Loved the sound effects, they sounded like they were taken right out of the OT. Soundtrack was great too. Nice little things like the spice mines refrence.

Dialouge sounded forced at times, thought great in others. Also did not like at All how badly they portrayed facial expressions. That was pretty weak.

Overall, better than I thought it would be, but not amazing. All the characters annoyed me save for the "Hera" one. Even the Jedi.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »
I thought it was cool.

I still would rather see a new time period like the Old Republic. Especially since they are being sorta violent anyway... why not do a Sith story?
Maybe that's coming someday.

I'll be watching this, though. I think the animation is superb and I do like the saber blades on this and the music is very well-done.
The textures are just next-level amazing.

Lol, they just handed a Stormtrooper a grenade, the main character smirks,... and then the Stormtrooper blows up. Hmmm... kinda violent... just make it a Darth Bane story and forget the silly movie tie-ins.

Offline SithStalker

• Keeper of the red blade
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 12:22:32 PM »
thanks for sharing
It looks better than Clone Wars imo

Haha... Well, it's a fool's errand, boy. The Emperor's army is infinite. You'll eventually be killed... or worse... and nothing will have changed.

Offline thebigdb

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 05:32:02 AM »
Well to be honest with you… I was a little worried about what the Star Wars franchise would be like after they bought it off Lucas. Being honest with you there is a part of me that doesn’t like the fact that the Muppets, Marvel, ABC, & Lucas are all now owned by Disney. Something seems wrong with that to me. But being hopeful, I’ve been trying to keep an open mind as to what we will get. With Disney, some of the stuff that they have done I didn’t think was that hot, but there have been a few cool things that they have done. Like with me, I was pleasantly surprised how well that they did John Carter –Warlord of Mars. I read the book a long time ago when I was in college, & surprisingly it was almost 100% like the book! I don't know if they will do a good job in the end. Because I thought them not pursuing the expanded universe was kind of a bad move.

I bought the DVD  today because I had errands to run, I just finished watching it, & it was fun to watch. My only complaint is that I thought that it was too short for what I paid for. It’s 1 episode & 43 minutes long. I don’t want to sound cheap… but I would have liked it if they included more than 1 episode on the disk. At least 2. It comes with a 3D puzzle of the Ghost… but I don’t think that makes up for the price. That’s my only complaint. That & it’s a teaser to buy the DVD, hooking you to pay more later on. That part I didn’t like.

But watching the 1st episode, looks pretty good.

retrousse