fiduciary

Author Topic: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run  (Read 44516 times)

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
Re: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 04:18:13 AM »
I'm definitely in!

Hopefully! :))

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 05:40:45 AM »
"I WANT IN, SIGN ME UP"

I,M IN!!!!

In please.

I'm definitely in!

Well that is Four from this forum already.
There has not been any interest expressed over on the IRA Forum as of yet.  Just FYI.
At least Four hilts still remain over there.

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 06:13:06 AM »
Cool ideas. I'm not sure how many folks would want to pay the cost of a saber stand made from some of those exotic alloys, but having seen the material in person, it WOULD BE EPIC. Tron made me a brass and copper stand a few months back. This doesn't really show it well, but you get the idea. I love it.

I really like the exploded view graphic idea. If the internals were shown, should it be more realistic or more what one would expect to see if it were from the Star Wars Universe? Either would be cool though.

I remember the v1 stand and thought how perfect it fit.  Although it may be an additional expense it could be an option.

On the exploded view perhaps staying true to the construction would be best as each person would have a different perspective of the SW internals.  How about a somewhat larger plaque that has the name of the saber, the number, creators, and an exploded ISO view or schematic that is all etched into the plaques.  If it could be done in a brass or gold plated plaque it would be awesome.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 07:11:50 AM »
IN

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
  • Keeper of the Killer Penny
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 05:33:06 PM »

I remember the v1 stand and thought how perfect it fit.  Although it may be an additional expense it could be an option.

On the exploded view perhaps staying true to the construction would be best as each person would have a different perspective of the SW internals.  How about a somewhat larger plaque that has the name of the saber, the number, creators, and an exploded ISO view or schematic that is all etched into the plaques.  If it could be done in a brass or gold plated plaque it would be awesome.

I think if someone wants a stand from tron, they'll have to contact him separately. We cannot offer them as an "upgrade" with the saber here on this forum.

The plaque sounds cool, though I'm not sure how large it'd have to be in order to have a decent exploded view on it.  I kinda envisioned something akin to a shadowbox, with a print of the exploded view, some type of arms to hold the saber itself and a brass plaque with info on it. That might get too expensive though.

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »
Just wanted to follow up on the status of who got in on the run...  If possible, if no one is interested in the run at IRA, could more spots be allocated here?

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 10:14:17 PM »
To increase or improve their chances, Aginor, Darth Smorgis (DS) and Pfockerchief have chimed in on IRA too and according to DS, this has been ok'd with Wat.

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 10:19:22 PM »
To increase or improve their chances, Aginor, Darth Smorgis (DS) and Pfockerchief have chimed in on IRA too and according to DS, this has been ok'd with Wat.

Thank you - I'll only enter once.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 05:23:27 AM »
Just wanted to follow up on the status of who got in on the run...  If possible, if no one is interested in the run at IRA, could more spots be allocated here?

Respectfully,
Sanjuro

I am dying to know as well. 
Hopefully since it did not reach a total of 8 people within the 48+ hours that the 5 who have expressed interest will be allowed in.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 05:37:52 AM »
My apologies if this thread is now officially closed, and I understand four members here have expressed interest already, but I would like to ask for consideration if either the IRA forum is not filled? or
(heaven forbid) an issue occurs that leaves a space here. Typical to not visit a few days and THIS happen! Anyway, I await any decision at your discretion.

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »
My apologies if this thread is now officially closed, and I understand four members here have expressed interest already, but I would like to ask for consideration if either the IRA forum is not filled? or
(heaven forbid) an issue occurs that leaves a space here. Typical to not visit a few days and THIS happen! Anyway, I await any decision at your discretion.

I will be making an announcement about the run participants later today.  I 'soft' closed the list at midnight last night just to have a convenient time.  I will be getting in touch with Corbin and will post later once we decide how to proceed.

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
There is one open spot left - first come, first served.  I will keep an eye on the Imperial Royal Arms thread and this thread.  First person to post on either forum will get the last spot.

I have sent PMs to everyone with down payment information.  Once the deposits are in, I will order the material and we will let the EPICNESS flow.

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 01:21:43 PM »
Deposit Sent!  I can't believe this is happening  8)

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »

Somebody's excited I think.

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
  • Keeper of the Killer Penny
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2014, 01:56:48 PM »

Do you feel it? A tremor in the Force! As if several people were holding their breath, waiting to see if they made the list, then were suddenly overcome with joy.  :))

retrousse