fiduciary

Author Topic: Adamas by Goodman  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Avendale Yellowcard

• Formerly known as Jonny B
  • Experienced Force User
Adamas by Goodman
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
I received the Adamas saber today.
SOLD

I must say I am disapointed. I was told it need a little TLC.... trya lot of TLC. it is ar rattling mess.
1. it will fire up np, but it will not sut off unless you use a kill key. In the pics It had a looks like a brass kill key, but recieved nothing of the sort guess that was my fualt for not asking.

2. the "bubble strip floats  in the hilt on top of the board.

3. the red blinky is not seated so it moves also.

4. the LED is only help on top with some glue, nothing elese.

All and all I am not happy with this saber at all. I know it did not come from Goodman directley so I guess thats what I get. I will never buy another saber from a memeber again I will stick with Smiths only. I am so upset right now that I cant even right a good review.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
Re: Adamas by Goodman
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:57:50 PM »
Well, I am sorry to hear that you had a bad purchasing experience.

Depending on the board, it may have some type of APOP protecting where you have to push the main button and the aux button together to shut it off.

As for the rest, maybe try shooting Goodman an email and then talk to him. PM me if you get stuck.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 02:13:18 PM »
Very sorry to hear that...

Have you contacted the original seller directly to try to resolve the issue?

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 02:33:44 PM »
Goodman is several owners removed from this saber at this point.  If you don't feel everything was properly disclosed by the previous seller I'd contact and discuss. 
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 02:43:50 PM »
APOP is enabled. Hold the Aux key. It will power down. Saber was sold originally with the loose strip and such

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 02:52:06 PM »
APOP is enabled. Hold the Aux key. It will power down. Saber was sold originally with the loose strip and such

Thanks for verifying that IA.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 03:34:39 PM »
Thanks for the APOPA thing. I have cooled off a bit. I don't have a lot of money for repairs. I am going on another over seas trip so ill have plenty of cash then it's a month long starting at the end of aug. Is there a smith out there that might be willing to help me restore this saber. Maybe a chassis system to help tighten it up ?

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »
Thanks for the APOPA thing. I have cooled off a bit. I don't have a lot of money for repairs. I am going on another over seas trip so ill have plenty of cash then it's a month long starting at the end of aug. Is there a smith out there that might be willing to help me restore this saber. Maybe a chassis system to help tighten it up ?

What I would recommend is to maybe talk to Goodman himself. As I said earlier, if you can't PM him or can't find his email, PM me and I'll try to help get you two in touch with each other. Otherwise try someone in the MC. I believe Kit Fisto has worked on Goodman hilts in the past.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
Kit, MH, Jango, I'm sure can get it 100% for you. Send them a PM if you can't reach Goodman.

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 06:35:03 PM »
I emailed Goodman a few days befor I received the saber but he has not got back to me. In the morning I am going to attempt to remove the broken screw. I may attempt to order a chassis from tcss and see what I can do. If not i will try to contact someone to help.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
I didn't dig through the guts but from what I remember, the board and battery were pretty well secured. Not every saber has the room for a chassis and sometimes it just comes down to proper insulation. IMPO, the loose bubble strip was the only negative and was fixable (though I obviously never did, haha). As for the main LED, I actually really like the methodology to make the core the way he did with the lens secured in the other section. Not sure I would have done anything differently there.

Good luck with your mods. I hope in the end you are happy with your saber  :)

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 04:07:43 AM »
Ok ill see what repairs I can do my self. I just payed Cadillac money and I feel I got a pacer

retrousse