fiduciary

Author Topic: Mace Windu was actually a SITH - just a hypothesis  (Read 12144 times)

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
Re: Mace Windu was actually a SITH - just a hypothesis
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
Now remember, you cant really just "count out" the EU...
If the novel/video game/ect.. is approved by LucasArts, than it becomes part of the Star Wars timeline.. whether we like it or not. I understand that everyone does not read the books or play the games... but they are official.

For now.

On Dec 18 2015 the entire EU may be "retconned" out of "canon" existence entirely...that they are now casting for a teenage girl and twenty-something boy strongly suggests they are going to wipe out Jacen and Jaina Solo who as twins would be the SAME age and if they are willing to wipe out Jacen and Jaina then none of the EU should be considered 'safe'...Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Corran Horn, Lumiya, Kyp Durron, the Vong...all may be downgraded to NON-canon in 2 years and we may be told "fuggedaboudit none of them ever existed" in 2 years.

Do we know if the boy and girl they are casting for are the lead roles? I feel like there is no way they are going to choose random talent for the lead roles of the new movies. Frankly, I think its a pig publicity stunt to get more spotlights focused in on Star Wars and start generating the baseline hype for the movie.

Knight50

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 06:42:53 PM »
How many of us have bought or built sabers of EU characters or based on EU material? I have one in my build cue right now and in a couple years might be told it is just a random lightsaber with no 'canon' history.

IMHO, people take 'canon' too seriously. If something happens that I don't like, I simply ignore it.
Its kind of like all the different movies and books about batman. He dies is several of them. Yet books still come out with batman still alive. In some of them, he is young, in others middle-age, in others an old man. I don't see a problem with picking and choosing the story line that you want to follow. Isn't that what makes it fun???? :D

Yes - I quite agree.

I believe it's been said that all the stories about Star Wars are "windows" into the events that are happening (happened), in the Star Wars universe.  So, it's all a matter of perspective.  I think George Lucas himself said that there are only a few things that are really "canon" - like Luke Skywalker doesn't die.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro

That may be true to a point, but I read somewhere that he did become "one with the Force" and he was approx 117 years of age when he did

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »
How many of us have bought or built sabers of EU characters or based on EU material? I have one in my build cue right now and in a couple years might be told it is just a random lightsaber with no 'canon' history.

IMHO, people take 'canon' too seriously. If something happens that I don't like, I simply ignore it.
Its kind of like all the different movies and books about batman. He dies is several of them. Yet books still come out with batman still alive. In some of them, he is young, in others middle-age, in others an old man. I don't see a problem with picking and choosing the story line that you want to follow. Isn't that what makes it fun???? :D

Yes - I quite agree.

I believe it's been said that all the stories about Star Wars are "windows" into the events that are happening (happened), in the Star Wars universe.  So, it's all a matter of perspective.  I think George Lucas himself said that there are only a few things that are really "canon" - like Luke Skywalker doesn't die.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro

That may be true to a point, but I read somewhere that he did become "one with the Force" and he was approx 117 years of age when he did

Ahh...  I think you are correct - probably I should have said is that Luke doesn't get killed.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 08:02:04 AM »

Batman and most comic books are very different from Star Wars in a very important way.
There are many different versions and types of batmen from over the years. In Star Wars there are teams and data banks and sections if LfL that make sure there is only one Luke skywalker.

Star Wars consistency is one reason I can invest in it so freely(very expensively actually lol) and it makes it more real for me.

I know I'm a big baby bought this. :-[

Offline Set Harth

• Padawan Learner
  • SHSabers
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »
Just an fyi...
The male role character is/was called tom or thoms

Hmmmmm I've heard that name somewhere, can't remember atm  :-\

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 10:01:08 AM »
Thanks Set.

I guess they could still intend to cast J & J later...but I remember when GL said "Luke doesn't get married" dissing Mara and the EU and when he sold out to Disney and they announced there would be a sequel trilogy they said they had been given GL's treatment which I suppose they could now toss out entirely but if these films are based on anything GL wrote I think he hates the EU and fans enough [watch "The People vs George Lucas" if you haven't already] to deliberately destroy everything EU in his idea for the sequels.

Disney and JJ might not go along entirely and instead just destroy parts of it and include other parts to mollify irate fanbois and fangrlz indignation [and keep us buying in].

So maybe they retcon Mara Jade out of existence to please Unca George...wipe OUT the Organa-Solo twins to avoid the whole Caedus cycle...then toss IN Kyle Katarn and Corran Horn thinking that a TOKEN gesture of 'fan service' will make it all OK for EU fans to still want to spend their $ on SW after having been ripped off for hundreds of EU books etc they are now going to say ''fuggedaboud it'. Will we accept that? Most probably will. I don't foresee "Luke DID marry Mara" or "the Solo Twins DO exist!" T-shirts the way we protested "Han shot FIRST!".
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
Just an fyi...
The male role character is/was called tom or thoms

Hmmmmm I've heard that name somewhere, can't remember atm  :-\
Those are code names. For high profile films the names and dialogue in the script is usually adjusted to keep plot avd characters secret. Pretty common

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 12:14:41 PM »
I don't think he hates the Eu, listening to interviews with authors of post Jedi books, he decided for anakin solo to die and jacen to go darth

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »

Batman and most comic books are very different from Star Wars in a very important way.
There are many different versions and types of batmen from over the years. In Star Wars there are teams and data banks and sections if LfL that make sure there is only one Luke skywalker.

Star Wars consistency is one reason I can invest in it so freely(very expensively actually lol) and it makes it more real for me.

I know I'm a big baby bought this. :-[

very true. Star wars seems to develop from the core story, whereas comic writers are free to explore more variations. However, my point was that they are similar because you can decided for yourself which line you want to follow. I know there are people who completely ignore the clone wars series, and others readily accept it. Some enjoy the EU, others stick to the movies. My point is that nobody is "wrong", and no one is necessarily "right" either. Its all about interpretation and viewpoint.
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
I agree no one is wrong =D

I still think and hope that most agree that canning canon or bastardizing canon seems so backwards since it has been kept intact for the most part for some years now and so much time money, time and creative effort has gone into keeping it intact

Knight50

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 04:55:31 PM »
My point is that nobody is "wrong", and no one is necessarily "right" either. Its all about interpretation and viewpoint.

that's pretty much says it right there, everything is open to interpretation.

Thanks Ahsoka

retrousse