fiduciary

Author Topic: LEGO saber deposit thread  (Read 21713 times)

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
Re: LEGO saber deposit thread
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 04:04:11 PM »
Nevermind;  good luck with the run.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:56:09 PM by Sandpeople are people too »

Offline Ladyhawke

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
Deposit sent for stunt level first choice cyan, second choice blue

Thanks!

Offline iamdrake

• Force User
  • What the heck is an aluminum falcon?
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »
I see talk of an empty version... I would jump at that without a second thought. I will have to sit on the fence and figure if I would want a stunt version.... soooo tempting!!!!

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »
C'mon guys, an empty is not going to be that much less in the broad scheme of saber pricing.

Wat is going out of his way to make this one happen, after a failed first attempt too. Let's not make his life difficult by hashing up an old topic.  ;)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline iamdrake

• Force User
  • What the heck is an aluminum falcon?
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
Sorry I was unaware of the previous discussion. I would like the hilt as a static, buying one as a stunt is an option that I am thinking over. I just don't need the electronics, switch, switch hole, battery pack or wiring. It wouldn't even need to be hallowed out for electronics. LOL.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
Unfortunately, CNC doesn't work like that.  They are all made the same.  It would actually possibly cost more, in this type of case, NOT to hollow it out since they are all done at the same time in the same way.  That is how WAT is able to keep the price down so people have the opportunity to own such a great piece.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »
Watching... :o

What?...he said we have until the end of the month to send deposit. It is the first day.  :)

That and the original run option had empties. I know the topic has been discussed to death, and I understand the reasoning, I just prefer to do installs myself. Not sure if it will interrupt the run. I am still deciding.

LOL, allow me to translate: GG sees a thread that he needs to follow, so he posts in said thread and it shows up on replies to his posts every time he logs on so he doesn't forget to check it daily.  Had nothing to do with who had deposits in or not ;)  I simply want to follow the thread and not get a bazillion email notifications ;)

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 03:48:50 AM »
Haha. Sorry GG. Mistook the smiley. I guess it looks different now. I am watching also.  :D

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 07:56:19 AM »
Yeah the shocked smiley looks like someone who swallowed something bad.  I liked the old ones better, but c'est la vie :-\.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 12:41:52 PM »
Haha. Sorry GG. Mistook the smiley. I guess it looks different now. I am watching also.  :D

LOL, no worries Brotha.  I just didn't wantcha to think I was mad at ya ;)  @ LUMI, yeah the new one looks like he has gas, lol.

Offline AncientJedi

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »
Deposit sent for a stunt trim level.  Thanks for doing this run, Wat!

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »
I have gas
Support our Font Makers!

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
Stunt version. Clear Acrylic & Green Blade
Deposit sent.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:47:11 PM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »
OK, I ot my sample of the 1.575" diameter clear acrylic rod (the fiber opticish stuff).

The picture above was taken in my closed shop (but I do have windows and flourescent lighting) during the daytime hours.  It is a close approximation of how the saber would look shown off in a room during daytime.  Obviously in direct daylight, it will not appear as bright.

The above picture was taken in the exact same spot only at night with the lights out.  It is pretty bright.  Because of the nature of the rod, it does spill a lot of light out of the end and does light up the room pretty good.  Adding a mirroed tip does not add much to the brightness of the blade.  It does help a little, but you would have to experiment to see if gives you the look you want.  Personally, I will probably add some sort of tip just to minimize the light coming out the end of the blade - it acts like a flashlight.

I like how this blade looks so I am going to offer it as a blade option.  Now, the trouble is this:  The clear acrylic blade is 1.575" (+ or -).  The colored acrylic blade is 1.512" (+ or -).  Thats a diameter difference of .063" (roughly).  In order to use the clear acrylic, I have to bore the blade holder much larger than I would for the colored acrylic - that means a spacer will be needed.  I am pretty sure I can use some 1.625" od 1.509" id tube to make a shim sleeve out of.

So what I am going to offer is this:
There will be two choices for the primary blade - clear acrylic and colored acrylic.  If you choose clear acrylic, the blade holder will be larger for the clear acrylic blade.  If you choose colored, the blade holder will be bored for only the colored acylic blade.  Likewise, if you choose the clear acrylic blade, the 1" blade adapter will fit the larger diameter bore and if you choose the colored blade, the 1" blade adapter will fit the smaller diameter bore.  If you choose the colored acrylic balde as your primary blade, you will not be able to use the clear acrylic blade.

If you choose the clear acrylic as your primary blade, you can also purchase an extra (or more in different colors if you choose) colored acrylic blade and I will include the shim sleeve to reduce the emitter bore to accept the colored blade. 

You are free to choose which option best suits your needs.  I am personally going to select a clear blade for showing off the LED aspect of the saber during the day and at night, and I will also be getting a colored blade for when I display the saber on the wall.  That way, I get the best of both worlds. 

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »
looks like ill be getting two blades  :P

retrousse