fiduciary

Author Topic: FX-Sabers Negotiator A.O.T.CF-6 FoC Prototype!  (Read 39541 times)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
FX-Sabers Negotiator A.O.T.CF-6 FoC Prototype!
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »
Hey guys...just quickly before I start, I would like to apologize to those who have been waiting for this review (including Master Yoda, as I promised a C-3P0 style review :D ) as I've now had this saber for a couple of weeks but haven't been able to type this review out promptly like I usually do due to personal health issues. I've had to type it out in parts, rather than all in one hit like usual and therefore it has taken me a couple of weeks to do so :( You may have also noticed that I haven't been around too much online lately, and it is for that very reason too. I don't mean this statement to take anything at all away from this review, but rather explain why it has taken me a while to do, as well as why it may read a little strange due to the timeline. I typed some parts out before, and just as I received the saber. The rest was after I had taken some pictures and a video, and had some time with the saber. Anyways, let's get this started...you're gonna love this one guys ;)

Every so often, a saber, or an upgrade to a saber never seen before comes along that completely shakes the foundations of the lightsaber community. Collective "oohs" and "aahs" are heard for miles. This, my friends, is one of those times. Let me just say that having these pictures that Yoda sent me was seriously the hardest thing not to just post these up straight away before I got the saber...but I wanted this to be one huge epic reveal when I had chance to review the saber system. I'm glad that I waited to do it all at once like this, but it really was hard. These pictures have to be seen, and they have to be talked about by this great community.

......you know what, lets do this one a bit different to normal. Here are the first images I saw of this saber, the pictures Yoda sent me. Ready or not!!! BAM!

...everyone okay?! ...you need some time to recover, you say? Okay, go pick yourselves and your computer chair up off the floor as I bet you all fell off it, and lets get things started!

I'm sure you all had many things running through your head when looking through those pictures. A lot of you probably had the same jaw dropping look on your face as I did when I first saw them. Well, as you can tell from those pictures, you're in for quite a ride with this saber review!

This thread is not only going to act as my review thread, but also an open discussion on Master Yoda's Prototype Negotiator design, so please...lets all hear what you think of Yoda's latest work!

The FX-Sabers Negotiator by Master Yoda. Many of you have heard of it, and a very select lucky few of you actually own one. The Yoda Negotiator is an extremely rare piece, there aren't too many of them in existence at all. These don't just "pop up" too often at all, and they are mighty hard to obtain. I know that first hand, as I've been trying to get one myself for a very long time now...

The Negotiator, for those that aren't aware, is Master Yoda's creation of a replica Obi-Wan saber. It doesn't just stop there though. Throughout the course of Yoda building these, he has evolved his concept into many upgraded versions, finally creating what we have right here today. The first select few Negotiator hilts by Yoda were "closed hilts" with no crystal chamber. These had electronics, and were fully functional lightsabers.

Next up, Yoda unleashed his Negotiator with crystal chamber. Very, VERY few of these were released, and the majority of them were actually the original, numbered hilts that were sent in for conversion to include the chamber.

Yoda then upgraded the chamber to his "extended chamber detail" version. I'm certain that Scorpion and MACE WINDU are the only two people that own the extended chamber detail Negotiator's with the A.O.T.CF5 chassis. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told that and it seems to be the case as far as I know.

The next step in the evolution of the Negotiator brings us to right now. This saber I'm showcasing today. Yoda has had this saber in the works for literally the past couple of YEARS. A lot of that time was allowing time for the technology to be released to create some of the features we have today. This is the upgraded A.O.T.CF6 chassis, the first Negotiator to ever receive this upgrade. It is also, as the thread title says, the FX-Sabers Negotiator FoC prototype!

There are many new features in this saber, as well as some familiar Yoda additions. I am still incredibly shocked that I'm seeing a Yoda Negotiator with FoC. I never thought it would be possible with the limited amount of room in this hilt. The hilt itself is nice and slim, which is how an Obi TPM/AOTC saber should be, so therefore it's even more amazing seeing the chamber fully loaded like it is.

Okay, so my story of acquiring a Yoda Negotiator is quite similar to me getting my Graflex IV from Yoda that I recently told in my review for that saber, with the major difference being that I had some luck on my side here as they are a LOT harder to come by than a Graflex system. Everything fell perfectly into place for me...in the end, and I'm honoured to be an owner of an FX-Sabers Negotiator. It's something I never thought would be possible.

In a similar fashion to when I joined FX-Sabers and started noticing Yoda's Graflex's, I also came across the Negotiator in my researching and browsing of the forum. Being located just underneath the Graflex section of the forum, I started to check these sabers out and read up on them. The first thing I noticed was that there were definitely a lot less of these Negotiator's around than the Graflex's. I didn't realize at the time just how little there were, but there weren't many at all. As I explained earlier, they seemed to be build with different features - the majority of them not having crystal chambers. The other thing I noticed was that a lot of these sabers were from quite a number of years ago, with no recent hilts being up on the forum. That's because there weren't any.

The more I asked around, the more I found out about them. They weren't a product that was offered by Master Yoda anymore (and to my understanding they weren't "offered" as a line of products to begin with, more so just a few were built and auctioned off). The select few that had crystal chambers were amazing, such complex builds with a nice swivel reveal feature for the chamber. I could only look on in amazement at these wonderful looking sabers.

The Obi TPM/AOTC saber is a hugely popular design, at least throughout FX-Sabers. Many people love the pommel and overall design of the saber, and I'm one of those people. I am one of the lucky few owners of Wat Tambor's Orbital Machining Obi TPM 100% screen accurate fully function sabers from the run. This was the first Obi TPM/AOTC saber hilt I had ever owned, so as you can imagine it was quite the treat to see this in person as my first of that design. Scorpion has provided us with a fantastic comparison photo gallery of his Yoda Negotiator and his OM Obi TPM, so I won't be going into great detail of comparing the two, however I couldn't help myself of taking some shots of them both on display together :D they look absolutely magical together.

I had been trying to score myself a Yoda Negotiator saber quite a while before I even got on the Orbital Machining run. When I signed up for the run, my plan was to have that as my Obi TPM saber, and try and get the Negotiator as an AOTC version. This was when I started to realize that it wasn't going to be easy if I was going to be lucky enough to acquire one. I decided on the only option that I thought was going to land me a Negotiator - first get an empty hilt and take it from there. I enquired with Parks about getting one machined, and I have to admit that I expected him to say no, as he doesn't really offer them with the 1" blade holder anymore. Luckily for me though, he agreed to build me one.

This process took 8-9 months. Literally a week before the hilt was finished, for some reason that I can't really explain, I decided to sell the hilt and for Parks to ship it to the new owner rather than me when it was finished. I had no real finish date set, aside from the 12 weeks I was originally quoted. It had been a very long wait, and now I was back to square one :P

I started regretting selling the empty hilt, as I found myself continuously getting that "Negotiator itch" and the "want" level was rising to dangerous levels :D I started looking around for an empty, but of course I once again was reminded just how rare these are. So I then went to the man himself, Yoda. Now Yoda and I had been discussing a Negotiator for well over a year, I did bug him quite a bit about it. There just weren't any options available over this time period though, as there were no hilts about. When Yoda finished up with my latest Graflex system, I once again asked about a Negotiator.

So as I've explained, these are incredibly rare sabers. As luck would have it, Yoda was actually in the middle of working on an upgrade for his Negotiator from his personal collection. That to me again shows that there are no new ones being made, but rather one of the few hilts in existence being upgraded. This was my chance. I thought about how badly I'd wanted one, and how rare they were. This chance may not come along again, and certainly not with one from Yoda's personal collection! So with no messing around, and having all this in mind, I made Master Yoda an offer for the Negotiator system. He accepted :)

I couldn't believe it, I had scored myself a Yoda Negotiator! When I first saw the pics I was speechless. Yoda said that it was an upgrade, but he never mentioned that it was going to be something so unbelievably epic like this new prototype design! I was now at the stage of just staring at the pictures Yoda sent me for long periods of time - just like I did with my Graflex. I think it's safe to say that I found myself looking through these a lot more though, just in amazement at the entire build. The detail in that chamber is just incredible.

As usual, when I have a saber that's being shipped I'm both excited and nervous. I always worry that it could get held up in customs, or worse yet, opened and tampered with by customs. This was one of those times that customs decided to hold onto it. For a very long time in fact :( as it was around the Christmas and New Year time period, customs actually held onto it and wouldn't send me payment details to release it for over two weeks! Definitely worth the wait for sure, but frustrating none the less.

Finally getting the package in my hands is so exciting, as I can't wait to see the saber system inside.

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: FX-Sabers Negotiator A.O.T.CF-6 FoC Prototype!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:03:21 AM »
Like Yoda's Graflex's, the instructions are fairly complex for a first time user. This is because there has been an incredible amount of work put into the construction of the saber, and there are many cool features. When I received my first Graflex, I carefully read through all the instructions first and took everything slowly to make sure that the maximum amount of care was taken. The same applied here, as the instructions here were also something that had to be read closely and carefully. The Graflex has a "display" mode, as does the Negotiator. They are both extremely unique in their own way though. The Graflex doesn't require any tools to set it up for this mode. The section that you are "taking apart" is the clamp section. The lower part (grip section) of the Graflex slides all the way down, and you place a ring that goes around the chassis into place, and then tighten the clamp back on, now with the crystal chamber revealed. It's a very cool way of displaying the drilled crystal chassis.

The Negotiator uses a different method of course, as it's an entirely different design. You remove the covertec wheel with a hex wrench and then carefully rotate the outer body of the saber to view the crystal chamber. To access the battery holder you remove the covertec wheel, but you also have to loosen the set screw in the pommel. Then you gently remove the pommel out around the battery holder. I made sure to take great care when performing these steps when I received it, as I will continue to do. Rotating the outer body of the saber, which is where the grip section is located, is just super cool. Obviously seeing the reveal is an amazing thing, but also the actual sliding around of the body of the saber is nice and smooth, and functions perfectly.

As I carefully opened the perfectly packaged system, I first found some bags with different tools and accessories inside. The hex wrenches, the blade plug, the instructions and the stand were first.  Then we have the awesome display case, similar to that of a Master Replicas Limited Edition case. Of course then, last but not least, the Negotiator saber hilt itself! I actually completely forgot to take any pictures of the unboxing this time, so we'll just get right into the pics of the saber.

The AOTC version of Obi Wan's saber is well known for it's shiny, polished finish, as opposed to the machined look of the TPM hilt. I really do love a nice shiny saber, so I was looking forward to checking this out. When I opened the package and saw the saber for the first time, the first thing that caught my attention was just how shiny it was. It looked stunning! This finish gives it a completely different look to the TPM version, which results in a fantastic duo display of the Obi Wan sabers.

Other FX-Sabers Negotiator owners are well known for saying "I can't believe that Master Yoda fits all of that into such a small saber!", in reference of course to the crystal chassis reveal. From seeing pictures, you can see what they're talking about, but you can't really appreciate that statement completely until you've actually seen it for yourself. The hilt is nice and slim, and very similar to the Wat Obi TPM version. The main difference of course is the grip section being machined deeper in Wat's version. The quality of the Negotiator hilt is incredible, with once again the polished finish just shining beautifully.

On this very special hilt from Yoda's personal collection, the aux switch is located up near the emitter of the saber. Yoda has made it a hidden switch, so it's barely noticeable unless you're looking right up close. Of course, I've taken a picture so you can see it here:

As I mentioned earlier, this is the prototype FoC Negotiator by Yoda...the first one to ever have FoC. So therefore, the aux switch also acts as the activation for the white flash during blaster blocks. I like where the switch is situated, it makes it nice and easy to activate when you're holding the saber. Another really cool feature that Yoda has added is the Illuminated valve stem with an internal amethyst cabochon. You can see that best in one of Yoda's pictures, it really looks amazing when it's lit up :) Then also, Yoda made the crown bevels emit the inner blade colour, which is super cool because that's what my Wat Obi TPM saber does too.

You can see in these next pictures that the grip section also sports the main activation switch of the saber. This switch is also situated perfectly for me personally. I find it to be in the exact spot I want it to be when firing up the saber. The most awesome thing about the grip section of this saber is of course that it's the magical place in the saber where the reveal chamber is situated. I will get to that in a little while, but you can picture from here how the reveal takes place with the spinning of the outer body around to reveal the crystal chassis. The familiar Obi-Wan style pommel is a very important part of Master Yoda's Negotiator prototype build - it is as I mentioned earlier, the access point to the upgraded feature of the battery cartridge that is integrated into the hilt itself. I haven't taken a picture of the battery holder for the simple fact that Yoda's picture of it is absolutely perfect. This is a fantastic upgrade of the Negotiator hilt, and one that I really am impressed with on a number of levels. It is created such that it provides a safe housing for the CR123 batteries, as well as it looking really cool in the process. It also has a kill key built into it, which is really handy to save battery power when not in use. The access to this battery pack is so simple, and after a couple of times I was confident in doing this fairly quickly (as with everything else, I took it real slowly the first few times round). The other cool thing that you can see from Yoda's picture is that it matches the polished finish of the hilt perfectly.

...speaking of polished, take a look at this: If you thought the front side of the Negotiator looked shiny, the underside really does shine even more as the entire side is almost all a nice, smooth shiny finish. The covertec is the other thing of note here, and it's machined nicely so that it has a curved piece to fit the hilt perfectly. The removal of this to allow for the chamber to reveal is also nice and simple. I really like that the covertec removal is the "key" to the reveal of the saber, it's really neat.

Speaking of the reveal to this phenomenal chamber...let's get right to it. I know it's what everyone has been waiting for :D I know that you've seen it by now in Yoda's pictures, but I've tried my best to capture the entire chamber both close up and from all different angles with the HQ camera. I'm happy with how the photos turned out, and I hope you guys all enjoy them. I took a bit of a "frame by frame" of the saber being revealed...

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020920_zpsbf692735.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020921_zps6ce55621.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020922_zpsad70caa9.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020923_zpsb6e1a68b.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020924_zps1b9bd7bd.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020925_zps17c487e3.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020926_zpsb4222489.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020927_zpsaa4913bc.jpg

Yep, those pictures really did turn out great. Don't forget to click the links underneath all the pictures to really be able to see them in high detail, with larger images. This is a reveal chamber that needs a lot of attention paid to it. As you can see for yourself, the detail is out of this world. I've kept the power killed, so you can see the chamber as it displays behind glass at my house...let's move in a little closer to really see that detail:

To really appreciate the work of Master Yoda, you need to see this in person. HOWEVER, I do think that another way of looking at it is that if you go back (go on...do it now :P ) and check out a Yoda Graflex chamber, you can see that they are so unique in their own aspects, and manage to tell a story of the corresponding saber. That is something that to me, really shows the artistic skills of Yoda (and other smiths that we have here too) to be able to create a completely unique design for the "insides" of a saber. As far as reveal chambers go, this one is just...well, it leaves me speechless. I'm sure you guys can see what I'm getting at just by looking at those pictures. Even now, for myself to look at these pictures as I'm uploading them, I'm finding new detail that I hadn't noticed before. It's just outstanding, it really is.

The next thing about the chamber that I LOVE, if we take it back to a full view of the saber, is that the extended chamber version that we have here really just takes over the entire saber design. That is such a fantastic thing, to be able to create something that spans over a huge amount of the hilt, and maintain a fantastic flow of how the saber appears to the eye is insane. Another upgraded feature for this prototype is the upgraded detail in the extended chamber. If you look, you can see that the circuit board inside is actually blue, and it matches the whole look really, really well.

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »
The next aspect of this chamber that really is a personal favourite thing for me is the mechanical, "working saber" side of things. You pick this saber up, and swivel the outer body around to reveal what's inside, and it really does just both look and feel like a real, working lightsaber. Not only do you have the part with the crystal chamber...but you then have the extended, inner workings of a real lightsaber. Once you fire it up as well, you of course get that feeling even more. Just looking at it when it's turned off though, you can also see that this is a weapon of a Jedi.

Let me explain what I meant by when turning the saber on, you get the feel that it's a real lightsaber even more. A new "prototype" feature that Master Yoda has added for the first time EVER in any of his Negotiator builds, is the ability for the saber to illuminate the power cell section an awesome glowing blue, to match the crystal chamber and main LED. This adds an entire new level of awesome to the already awesome Negotiator, in a feature never seen before. I've taken pictures of both the power cell turned off...and then flashing on. I've also taken a close up where you can see the same flashing power cell in action:

It's such an awesome sight, and an upgrade that I really do love. This saber is very much about the reveal chassis for me, and this adds to the wow factor when you see it in action. You can also see in these next pictures that the beautiful quartz crystals flicker on and off in a pattern, with the features of the awesome Crystal Focus version 6 (the first Negotiator with CF6 might I add :P ).

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020939_zps3e2ee277.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020940_zps65945233.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020941_zpsc2402caa.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020942_zpsbd91dc21.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020946_zpsb1d92eef.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020947_zps8cf50021.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020948_zps19d37762.jpg

These next pictures...well, what can I say? There really is nothing I can say that will prepare you for the awesomeness you're about to see, but I will say that these are my favourite pictures that I took by far, and really shows in the closest possible way on camera how this saber looks when turned on and in reveal mode. The beauty of the entire extended crystal chamber lit up, along with the awesome glow of the crown bevels shining brightly. Then of course if you add in the super shiny Obi-Wan hilt, you have a sight that is just about too awesome for the human eye to withstand :D Take a look for yourselves...

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020950_zpsbd68168b.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020951_zpsaa74441d.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020952_zps2ab81969.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020953_zps9d58442d.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020954_zps2466954d.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020955_zps85fc318e.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020956_zps7a42e315.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020957_zps37df1054.jpg

To create the first ever FoC Yoda Negotiator, we need to have an awesomely bright, high quality LED in the saber. Yoda has picked out the Tri-Cree LED, to produce the insanely bright blue main blade, with the stunning white FoC. This is something I thought I'd never see in a Negotiator, so it's great to be able to see this in person. As a lot of you know, I'm a huge fan of both blue, and a nice dramatic FoC. A blue Jedi weapon is something I truly love...so a shiny Jedi weapon with all these great features and "first ever's" really creates something special for me and my collection.

I like a lot of the small, cool things included in saber systems, or saber runs. Something really awesome that I'm loving with this Negotiator system is the inclusion of a fantastic Golden Eye Emitter Plug. The blade plug fits inside the emitter like a dream, and just looks outstanding. What's even cooler is that it not only lights up blue in a cool pattern when the saber is ignited, but it even sets off the white FoC when the aux button is activated through the plug 8) every high end saber deserves a nice blade plug, and this one is perfect for this style of saber.

Now, I said earlier that due to Scorpion's awesome comparison thread of his Yoda Negotiator next to his Wat Obi TPM, I wouldn't be doing the same thing. I also said that I couldn't help but sneak a few quick pictures of the two sabers together, as they just look perfect next to each other :) They compliment each other nicely, and tell a story of Obi-Wan as he progresses as a Jedi. I'm very proud to own these two sabers, and they really do look awesome on display together.

While I consider myself pretty decent at taking some nice pictures of my sabers, I'm not quite so good at shooting videos. I've shot an attempt though here, and I hope you guys enjoy it. I've of course shown off the saber being ignited and revealing the crystal chamber as a video, and also the FoC being set off. I apologize for the very amateur filming skills, but I am happy enough with it to share with you all :)

When I talked about cool little extras included in saber packages...you of course have to look at the awesome table top display case, stand and plaque. Now, my pictures of these didn't turn out great, but once again Master Yoda has taken a really cool picture of it all set up. I really love the Master Replicas Limited Edition display cases that are included with the sabers, and this is very similar to those ones. They come across to me as museum quality style cases, with the mirrored bottoms and glass-like look of the case. Yoda's case has a mirrored bottom too, and a nice unique stand to boot. You have probably noticed by now that I've used the little stand in a lot of the pictures, and the saber sits proudly on there in my display cabinet all the time. The stand is really cool in itself, yet manages to not take anything away from the centrepiece, being the saber itself. The display case is slightly smaller than the MR LE cases, which works in the Negotiator's favour here. It's a really nice fit, along with the awesome looking FX-Sabers plaque that sits alongside it. Here are some pictures:

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020963_zps6b60014e.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020964_zps53709c4a.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020965_zpsc822432b.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020966_zpse2191d34.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020967_zps905de02d.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020968_zps1fe460e7.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h322/Stormtrooper27/Yoda%20Negotiator%20CF6%20Prototype/P1020969_zpsc149a121.jpg

So there you have it folks: you've experienced through this review an adventure, and been witness to a part of saber history. I'm actually finding myself for once during a review at a loss for words :D As you can see, this saber really is awesome beyond words. I've tried to let the pictures and video do the talking, as I cannot do this saber justice, even with my detailed guide through all the features. Yoda has truly outdone himself here, as I'm sure you're all aware just by seeing this. I'm absolutely honoured to be a part of this experience, and to be able to own this masterpiece in my saber collection. Just when you thought this couldn't be possible, Yoda puts an extreme amount of effort and hard work over a (long) period of time into this, to create something truly amazing. I'd of course like to personally thank Yoda once again for allowing me to be a part of this all, and for just being an awesome little green guy as always! :P His professionalism was perfection, and he went above and beyond as he always does!

It wouldn't surprise me if this prototype saber upgrade is talked about for a very long time indeed. Well...what better time than now to begin it all. Let's get talking guys! Have some fun, and I hope you enjoy it all!

I apologize in advance if I've left anything out here, if I have then I'm sure Yoda will add to this anything that I may have missed. As I said, I haven't been able to be working on this review for any length of time :( but I hope that you guys all enjoy it!

C-3P0 out!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
WOW!! i want to see more of yodas ""personal sabers""  :P

seriously dave that saber is one of the nicest negotiators iv ever seen the shine through battery/speaker compartment looks incredible and really adds to the look of the chamber and balances it out very nicely, the detail is second to none in the chamber and is BEAUTIFUL!! yoda is incredible he always improves
you know i think this is the only other neg since mine and maces back in 2011  :o so yes they are a very very rare saber

i absolutely LOVE IT!!!  8) 8) 8) the obi wan tpm/aotc is my fave saber of all time and this one is incredible

congrats dave you have waited so long (i personally know you have) now you have finally got it buddy  ;)

superb review also dave i really enjoyed reading
thanks  ;)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:33:32 AM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:55:43 AM »
That is an absolutely amazing piece of Art.  That is probably the finest Negotiator I have ever seen.  All of his pieces are beautiful but in that one you can see a culmination of that build.  He is going to have a hard time topping that one in the future, although knowing Master YODA, he'll figure out something :D.

Congratulations Dave!  It is beautiful.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 10:00:59 AM »
AWESOME REVIEW my friend! this must be the most detailed review to date  :)
Now back to the saber itself : I WANT ONE!!! LOL Bravo Master Yoda!!! I love the new prototype chamber and the lit power cell is genius!!!
Congrats 3PO for scoring the ultimate Negotiator!  :)

Offline Forcestruck

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »
Tremendous review and Superb Negotiator!

Thanks for taking the time to write it and share an incredible piece of saber art with the forum.

Congrats Dave!

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 10:23:17 AM »
I was wondering when i'd see this.   :D. Though admittedly i had hoped it wouldn't be immediately after i posted my completed build(s).  Awesome saber dave and i hope you enjoy it for years to come.   8)

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 10:29:24 AM »
Both the saber, and the review are AMAZING! :o :o

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:34:29 AM »
so this being the cf6 "prototype" does this mean yoda is doing some more negotiators?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »
heiliger bimbam!  :o :o :o (holy toledo!) that's what i call a saber! the amount of details is overwhelming...so is the review! great work, master yoda and congrats, dave!  ;) 110% pure awesomeness!!!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:14 AM »
Master Yoda's work always impresses me but THIS...

:o :o :o  ...just AMAZING!

Thanks for that fantastic review.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
Amazing review of an amazing saber, Dave!  I think I'm in agreement with everyone else that the CC in this Negotiator is best yet, especially with that illuminated power cell.  It really fills out that CC. I think i got dizzy reading through your review and seeing the video.  Awesome!!!!

How a bout a vid or some pics with the blade attached to see that FoC????

Offline slothfurnace

• Commando Jedi
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
    • slothfurnace
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »
This is a beautiful, flawless execution.  An inspiration for sure.  Well done, Yoda.

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »
What a gorgeous saber. The only thing that stands out right now is the Knurled Brass Valve. The AOTC doesn't have a knurled valve. It actually has a smooth knob. Just something small, but I think the chamber reveal outweighs that.  :D

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

retrousse