fiduciary

Author Topic: Luxeon questions  (Read 5184 times)

Offline Jedi K

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Luxeon questions
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 11:49:40 AM »
My Mace Windu has that detachable clip so you can swap out LED's I have right now Royal Blue and Amber.

Amber? On Ultrasabers I see a nice deep blue but the closest I see to amber is a Fiery Orange LED. Yours looks different in shade though it looks more golden than orange. Do the custom saber shop and Ultra sell the same LED's or do they have their own shades?

Ghost4

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »
Ultra's names are marketing the TCSS LEDs are the same.  A Luxeon LED is a Luxeon LED...

TCSS stocks all of the various colors: Amber, Red-Orange, Red, Blue, Cyan, Royal Blue, Green and White.

Ghost4

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »
Hey Yoda, with the 5watt leds I wonder does it take power away when you use a sound module. I seen photoninnovations on ebay with a 5watt LED custom lightsaber with sound? It would seem right if the saber does lose power on account that the 5watts do drain more battery.

Yes It does take power away if your run them all on the same battery.

Well I'd actually like to quote Ultra on this one because He presently does 5watt but with out sound for good reason.

"The biggest hang up on putting a 5 watt in an MR hilt, besides the obvious heat issues, is the 8 volt requirement of the Lux 5 combined with the 4.5 volt drain of the MR board. To get decent autonomy, you'd need to run a 12 volt system and there's not a whole lot of room for that many batteries in the newer MR hilts."

Not to mention 12V would fry an MR rather nicely. ;D

Offline Jedi K

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 05:45:16 PM »
Ah right, thanks for clearing that up with the LED's ^_^

retrousse