fiduciary

Author Topic: custom saber  (Read 7802 times)

Offline Master Elenos

• Force User
  • Jedi Exile
custom saber
« on: September 23, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »
Hey everybody !

I'm new to the forum and looking for some info about FX custom sabers. I already have two custom sabers by Parks. They are both great designs, without sound. Now I want to build a third one, with sound, using a hyperblade ( the V2 for heavy dueling). I also want, only some of the standard features of the blade ( maximum brightness set permanently on static-no core pulse), synchronized with the SD card.

Can anyone from the FX team help ?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
Re: custom saber
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
For hyperdyne related products, sadly one of the best and near-only venues for assistance is via them directly.  They don't have a representative that frequents this forum, though there are a few members that have some experience with them and their products if you do a quick search.

If you're set on a hyperblade (ie string-blade setup) then I would reccommend contacting Makotosai here on the forums via PM or his supplied email, and inquiring as to his various insanely bright string blade sabers.  He also offers his own soundboard that goes with his setup, and I've seen a green and blue in person and  :o :o bright! 
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 01:52:35 PM »
hyperblade? wow iv not heard that name for many a moon...

im not even sure hyper stil makes the string blades i did a graflex and a vader hyperblade a few yrs ago but the are DEFO not duel worthy (even the dueling version)the leds go on them all the time it got to the point with me that i just stopped clashing my saber in fear of an led popping not to mention sound board issues and virtually no customer support
i had 1 hyperblade saber and the middle of the blade was constantly on after pulling the kill key i later found it was something that had blown on the board and needed repaired but i couldnt get hold of hyper for blood nor money

yeah kit fisto is correct makoto is who you need to speak with for a bright led strip blade i beleive his are now brighter than a hyperblade anyway with his double and triple led strip blades, i also had 2 of these in the past and they were waaay more reliable than the hyperblades

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Master Elenos

• Force User
  • Jedi Exile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »
 Thank u Master, I will make a call on Makoto. Is the LED strip blade durable enough for dueling ?
What other alternative would you suggest.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
Even though everyone will say that this string blade or that string blade are duelable, the simple fact remains that the led technology Most of us here use (one led in the hilt that illuminates the "empty" blade) is always going to be more duelable than a string setup.  Obviously you can't break components in the blade if there are none.  If you break a blade dueling with a luxeon style saber, your're out about $35+shipping.  If you break a blade in an led string saber, you probably need to buy a whole new string and if there is no quick connector on the blade, it needs to be rewired to the board.  Exactly how hard are you planning on dueling? 

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »
you can lightly play with them but yeah i wouldnt really duel with a led strip blade

though saying that... i did once decide to whack the life out of one of my mr sabers that i was going to convert (just to see what would happen) and i must say it held up well with me "gorilla" hitting it against a wall
i got a good 6 or 7 heavy clashes before any leds popped, in the end the blade itself snapped, but yeah i was supprised

i dont think thers any other alternative thers only hyper,makoto or  mr/hasbro that use led strip... is a parks phase blade a led strip? not sure on that 1

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
Phase blades from Parks are indeed led strings.

Offline EyeoftheRaven

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »
Parks are not as bright as Makoto, though.  I really would recommend him if you are looking for strip blades.

Offline Master Elenos

• Force User
  • Jedi Exile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »
Hey guys !

Thanks for all your info. I checked Makoto's bloc, his blade looks cool and very solid, but I decided to take your advice and go with a luxeon blade for the new saber. I should say that I V been training with the Japanese sword for quite a while (about ten years) and when I say "dueling", I mean true blows. I recently saw a video by MADCOW clashing a thin walled blade against a thick walled blade and I was very impressed. The thing is that in the video, the thick walled blade was orange and the thin green. It really confused me, because I couldn't understand how much brightness you loose with a thick blade.
Could a stronger LED, secure the brightness of the blade ?

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »
Hey guys !

Thanks for all your info. I checked Makoto's bloc, his blade looks cool and very solid, but I decided to take your advice and go with a luxeon blade for the new saber. I should say that I V been training with the Japanese sword for quite a while (about ten years) and when I say "dueling", I mean true blows. I recently saw a video by MADCOW clashing a thin walled blade against a thick walled blade and I was very impressed. The thing is that in the video, the thick walled blade was orange and the thin green. It really confused me, because I couldn't understand how much brightness you loose with a thick blade.
Could a stronger LED, secure the brightness of the blade ?

Absolutely. With the right diffuser of course depending on the type of blade. The TCSS trans-white blades don't need a diffuser to look great IMO. But adding some certainly isn't going to hurt.

And I duel exclusively with thin wall blades and they have NEVER broken on me. I am by no means a "gorilla dueler" but I do hit rather hard.

Offline Master Elenos

• Force User
  • Jedi Exile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 08:06:31 AM »
Right ! Thanks Caine.

So a luxeon LED it is, can I ask just one more thing ?
Will the stronger LED affect the evenness of the color ? (I'm set on green)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »
For the most part, the brighter the LED the more even the blade because of the way your eye perceives it.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »
I personally prefer thin walled blades as well, and having dueled rather hard with them I've never had a problem.  ANY blade will break if you abuse them intentionally, no matter what it's made of or how thick it is.  But I prefer the thin walled blades as they look brighter to my eye.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:11:20 PM by Psab Keel »

retrousse