fiduciary

Author Topic: eFX Starkiller  (Read 21794 times)

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
Re: eFX Starkiller
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »
I like the saber, the crystal chamber sucks and they could have done a lot better with that. The crystal doesn't even look like a crystal. Also, the recharge port is on the wrong side of the saber, unless they have two and  then it's REALLY wrong. From the Rebel Scum pics, the plaque is a piece of printed paper glued to a plastic holder, the corners are peeled away in the other pics. Lame :P You can tell they rushed the details just to get it on display.

I also don't like that the grips aren't black, and there is no copper on the hilt. It looks like an unfinished piece to me. Maybe I'm just biased ;D

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 07:47:43 AM »
I like VV's interpretation far more than this one. Ro's too. This just looks unfinished to me.

Offline greco18

• Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 07:51:21 AM »
I agree that it does look unfinished. The copper would be a good addition. Hopefully they improve on it a bit, but it's still pretty cool that efx is planning on releasing that starkiller saber. Someone must be listening to the fans over there :).

Now if Hasbro would just make a xxx qui gon fx, or re release obi tpm..

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »
Based on information in other threads, it does not look like Hasbro is supporting the FX line for the foreseeable future.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »
the starkiller looks great todd i like it, i hope efx does more "reveal" sabers a reveal starkiller would be .. well .... killer

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 12:46:08 PM »
What I don't get is clearly what we do here at fx isn't some secret. Why hasn't some big company taken the fx saber concept and ran with it? Every single person I show my collection to, star wars fan or not, is instantly intrigued and wants one.

Given that, why do they continue to just make, as Jango said, lovely paperweights?

Because Hasbro owns the rights to the FX Saber line?

So call it something different.  "FX" sabers is just a dumb wordplay trick anyway on "Force Effects"

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »
I do not know for sure, but my guess is HASBRO has the license for lighted saber props.

Offline greco18

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »
I do not know for sure, but my guess is HASBRO has the license for lighted saber props.

I agree, I'm pretty sure it's more than just the term "FX lightsaber".

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 01:16:12 PM »

Probably and any and all iterations of a lighted saber prop...

Besides, do we really want Hasbro or another sanctioned company developing single led sabers??  Hasbro's FFX was in many ways inferior to MR from a construction standpoint and most folks agree that QA was terrible.  

They were on the right track with the removable blade, then...k, bye?  

EFX makes static props, that's what they are good at.  Maybe this down time at Hasbro will be spent re-tooling and re-imagining the FFX line for a few years down the road when even more kids have grown up and gotten jobs to buy a nicer quality saber collectible than an all plastic toy.  The growth of this community and this hobby is evidence of that trend, so maybe they've noticed the same thing.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »

I agree, I'm pretty sure it's more than just the term "FX lightsaber".

Yeah, that's true.  Dunno what I was thinking.   ;D

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »
I've watched the VV starkiller vid enough times to catch that the grip pattern is wrong too.  supposed to be an x not a +. 

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »
Actually, it appears both ways in the game in different shots.  We prefer the X because we like having the covertec placement not on a grip.  We think it looks better and hangs more comfortably that way.

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 09:51:59 PM »
Those pics really bum me out. I guess Ive already seen some really great versions done by sabersmiths here  ;)

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 11:15:17 PM »
It's nice. It does look a bit incomplete. I can see why there confusion about it being a cast resin prop, it's on one of eFx's cast resin stands with a TFU game sticker slapped on the front. The chamber look unfinished, i can't quite see the crystal.

For a long time all i wanted was a accurate static starkiller hilt for my static collection (i dont mess around with my sabers at all, they just sit on display) but after seeing this hilt I'm pretty happy that I'm on the Vaders Vault 2nd run because VV's design blows the efx prototype away  :)

who knows what will happen with this saber....does anyone remember EFX's Obi-Wan Kenobi Xtreme saber? Will the Starkiller suffer the same fate?

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »
I already posted on this but now that everyone else has been well..... truthful... I feel a sigh of relief !  HAHA,   YES i agree that the eFX version does not even come close to the VV ! 

I agree that it looks unfinished and the FIRST thing I noticed was that there was no copper ????  I mean.... How do you get the colors wrong or leave out the 1 color that makes it POP ! ??? 

eFX makes really cool stuff !  I do like them and they did a heck of a job on the Orgus Din saber ( thats for sure ).  Sigh... Maybe thats where all the QA and effort got put into... the Orgus Din.. lol  And they didnt have time to show the same love for the Starkiller ???   Who knows.   Its most likely what was said earlier though... Just had to get the product out because of time constraints. lol   

Its all good because we have VV !!!   So NOWWWW   If you want a good Starkiller.......     U  cAn   hAz  !!!!!!!!!!!!   :)       

retrousse